Gisella Gruber-White:Welcome to the At-Large Briefing Session on Globalization of ICANN and its Transparency and Accountability Processes on Tuesday 13 May 2014 at 1500 UTC

Gisella Gruber-White:Agenda: https://community.icann.org/x/mYnhAg

Sebastien:Hello

Maureen Hilyard:Good morning all

Sunil (SPaCS):Good morning Maureen. Nice to find you here

Matthew Rantanen:yes

Sunil (SPaCS):yes we can hear you

Maureen Hilyard:Hi Sunil.. it will be very early for you :)

Sunil (SPaCS):3am

Natalia Enciso:Hello everyone!

Ellen Strickland:Morning all

Maureen Hilyard:@ Sunil. And early for Ellen in NZ

Hong Xue:hi, but it is very late in East Asia.

Maureen Hilyard:Hi Hong

Heidi Ullrich:Welcome, All!

Anthony Niiganii (mentee):Tansi everyone

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:Hello everyone

Silvia Vivanco:Hello all

Allan Skuce:Greetings.

Oksana Prykhodko:Hi everyone

Garth Graham:So, socialization to an ICANN community is like parenting a child?

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Hello everyone

Anthony Niiganii (mentee):@Garth it takes a community to raise a child

Judith Hellerstein:HI !! Sorry I was late!!

Vand & Jorge:Hi, all

Aída Noblia:Hello  all

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Teamwork:-)

Maureen Hilyard:Global

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:thanks Terri

Garth Graham:@Anthony - a community self organizes but parenting is a heirarchical relationship

Anthony Niiganii (mentee):@Garth - great point

Adam:anyone who uses Linux to access these adobe connect calls, could you send set-up info in email ajp@glocom.ac.jp (or a URL)  Thanks

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:My suggestion is give up and use an Androi mobile app @ Adam  lots of ssues with my Ubuntu OS n and dobe these days...

Johnny Laureano:Buenos dias a todos,

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:@Dev will be kinder... and more helpfulk

Judith Hellerstein:Evan connects over linux but he is not on the call so not sure how he does this.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:used to work fine  but not thee days

Judith Hellerstein:you might want to email him and ask him

Gordon Chillcott:Adobe Connect works rather well on Debian 6.  Not so much on other distributions.

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:@Adam - as a part of the TTF which is trying to document this issues with Linux and AC - if using Firefox in Linux, might want to try this suggestion http://blogs.adobe.com/connectsupport/meeting-fails-to-load-in-firefox-under-ubuntu-linux/

Judith Hellerstein:i skype chatted evan and will let you know what he says

Judith Hellerstein:Will these slides be available after the presentation

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:@Judith and any others using Linux with AC - please file comments at https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/Using+Adobe+Connect+with+Linux

Judith Hellerstein:i am not using true linux as i am on a mac but know others who use linux and have done it successfully

Sebastien:@Judith already on the call page

Judith Hellerstein:great

Sebastien:https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/48335257/At-Large%20Briefing%20Session%2013.05.14.pptx?version=1&modificationDate=1399991387817&api=v2

Judith Hellerstein:thanks

Loris Taylor:Will there be additional opportunities to make comments?

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Thanks @TS

Terri Agnew:Please remember to mute your mic/speakers

Garth Graham:Comment: If we define “global” as a federation of locals, as does Community Informatics, then the “global multistakeholder community” and accountability takes on a different perspective.

Oksana Prykhodko:Will this process influence on the transparency and accountability of GAC? Will be any chages of the role and status of GAC?

Oksana Prykhodko:Thank you, Sebastien!

Ariel Liang:Hello all, this is the At-Large workspace for the PC 'Enhancing ICANN Accountability' https://community.icann.org/x/qInhAg

Garth Graham:Comment: I heard you, Sebastien.  But whether you define “global” in non-linear terms (i.e local/ community), or in linear terms (i.e. regional/national/international) affects the strategies used to achieve “global acceptability.”

Sebastien:@Garth both definitions need to be taken into account

Johnny Laureano:Mr. Byron del ccNSO menciono que actualmente ningun ccTLD tiene contrato con el IANA y el ICANN, que mecanismos de transparencia se implementaran en el proceso de delegacion o redelegaciones de los ccTLD para este nuevo proceso

Avri Doria:Is the whole email archive serving as comment - or just editted things called comments.

Sebastien:At-Large show a potential non-linear and linear organization ;)

Garth Graham:@Sebastien. Yes, because one is more in motion than the other!

Avri Doria:sould commuity mebers appointed to accountability groups be people who have served on previous AOC mechansims, or should they people who can take a fresh look at both the mechanisms and the results of previous efforts.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Or perhaps a mix #Avri?

Johnny Laureano:Ask for Theresa, Mr. Byron ccNSO mention any current contracts with the ccTLD IANA and ICANN that transparency mechanisms were implemented in the process of delegation or redelegations ccTLD for this new process.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:@ Johnny  relating to that issue  you need to also look at the work  of the ccNSO's  Framework of Interpretation WG  on these matters relating to RFC 1591 and GAC Guidance relating to the same matter...

Judith Hellerstein:I also think it should be  amix. I like the idea of people who can take a fresh look

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:I also still serve on the FOI WG  along with Maureen

Johnny Laureano:Ok. thanks Theresa, Cheril.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:@ Jonny  you will find more on the WG  here  http://ccnso.icann.org/workinggroups/foiwg.htm

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:sorry typo on name @JoHnny ;-)

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:https://community.icann.org/display/alacpolicydev/At-Large+Enhancing+ICANN+Accountability+Workspace

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:browse the work space and let Maureen and I know if you need more info...

Judith Hellerstein:what is involved?

Johnny Laureano:Ok. Cheryl muchas gracias por la info.

Adam:thanks for Linux advice -- it worked

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:what is involved in holding the pen? Collect the input from the community, write a first draft, wait for comments and add the comments for a seocnd deraft -- if you reach consensus

Rinalia Abdul Rahim:+1 @ Sebastien.

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:and you'll get help all the way

Yubelkys Montalvo:Thank you for this excellent presentation!

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Thanks all  good call...

Heidi Ullrich:Thanks, All! Thank you, Theresa and Sebastien!

Judith Hellerstein:Thanks Teresa!! Good call

Allan Skuce:Great. Thanks Theresa & Sebastien

Anthony Niiganii (mentee):ekosi

Natalia Enciso:Thanks everyone. Very interesting webinar: Theresa/Sebastien.

Theresa:Thank you for the opportunity to join your call!

Johnny Laureano:thanks all

Anthony Niiganii (mentee):Kinanaskomitin Sabestien and Theresa!

Allan Skuce:Bye

Ellen Strickland:thank you all

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Bye

Ariel Liang:Thank you everyone, bye bye

Gordon Chillcott:Thank you!

Yubelkys Montalvo:bye

Maureen Hilyard:Thanks everyone. great presentation

Oksana Prykhodko:Thank yuou, bye!

Sebastien:Thanks all

Sunil (SPaCS):thank you

Aída Noblia:Thank you Bye

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Bye all