ALAC Meeting with the ICANN Board - 16 July 2013 - Durban
Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2013
Time: 08:30-09:30 local time (for the time in various timezones click here)
Meeting Number: AL.ALAC/CC. 0713/1
AC Chat Transcript:
Adobe Connect Meeting Room: http://icann.adobeconnect.com/dur47-hall6/
Remotely: Allan Skuce, Bobby Chombo, Gordon Chilcott, Josh Leslie, Maureen Hilyard, Pavan Budhrani, Philip Johnson
Staff: Heidi Ullrich, Silvia Vivanco / RP: Matt Ashtiani*
ALAC Questions to the Board:
- How is ALAC Advice treated by the Board? Is there a process in place for addressing ALAC advice as well as designated channels for the implementation of our advice?
- Do DNS security and stability-related concerns receive prioritized Board attention?
- Dotless TLDs
- Internationalised Domain Names (IDN) Label Generation Rules (LGR) for the Root Zone
- Expert Working Groups - Who are they accountable to? Are they led by the Board or Staff? What purpose do they serve in a bottom-up organisation?
- The ALAC is of the view that un-enforceable Public Interest Commitments (PICs) are useless. What is the Board's view ?
- At-Large Summit - At-Large open for questions and suggestions.
Board Questions to the ALAC:
- How better to provide advice on implementation on policies in a timely fashion