ALAC Meeting with the GAC - 17 July 2013 - Durban
Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2013
Time: 09:00-10:00 local time (for the time in various timezones click here)
Meeting Number: AL.ALAC/CC. 0713/1
AC Chat Transcript:
Adobe Connect Meeting Room: http://icann.adobeconnect.com/dur47-hall4ab/
Remotely: Allan Skuce, Bikram Shrestha, Gordon Chilcott, Kashif Bhatti, Maureen Hilyard, Ahmed Bakht, Darlene Thomspon, Philip Johnson, Neli, Vivien, James, Cynthia
Staff: Jeannie Ellers, Heidi Ullrich, Susie Johnson *
GAC Topics for the ALAC
- SSAC Advice re: new gTLDs
- Public Interest Commitments (PIC) DRSP.
- Brief Introduction of the ALAC and its regions -- and what are At-Large Structures
ALAC Topics for the GAC
- Geographic TLDs - the public Interest in the context of geographic TLDs - multistakeholder governance as best practice?
- Dotless Top Level Domains and other SSAC Advice - risk to the stability of the DNS
- Are Public Interest Commitments (PIC) that cannot be enforced useful?
- At-Large Introduction (structure, Regional At-Large Organisations (RALOs), At-Large Structures (ALSes) and an update on the ALAC Objections process.