Seth Greene: ALAC CHAT:  24 MAY 2011

Jean-Jacques Subrenat: Hello, glad to be here!

Olivier Crepin-Leblond: Hello everyone

SYLVIA HERELIN: hello everyone!

SYLVIA HERELIN: ADIGO: please call me 55 11 2308-4347

Sergio Salinas Porto: hi everyone!

Sandra Hoferichter: yes I am on the line

Sergio Salinas Porto: ODIGO: pleasse call me +542234715948 spanish chanel!

Sergio Salinas Porto: hi sandra sylvia and olivier

Tijani: dropped

CLO: Waiting for dialout  they called while I was still on the other call but have not called bacl

CLO: (other caleing the DSSR-WGl b

Gisella Gruber-White: We are dialling out to everyone

CLO: NP

Sergio Salinas Porto: ok I hope ;)

Evan Leibovitch: I joined a few minutes ago

Dave Kissoondoyal: Sorry I am late

SYLVIA HERELIN: still waiting the call

Dave Kissoondoyal: I have just joined the call

Sergio Salinas Porto: my audio was defective are calling me again in a few minutes

Gisella Gruber-White: Sorry Dave - welcome!

Dave Kissoondoyal: no problem Fisella

Dave Kissoondoyal: sorry Gisella

CLO: Voes need to go ASAPt

Sergio Salinas Porto: I have just joined the call

Alan Greenberg: Gisella, when was that consumer meeting?  Wed at ??

Gisella Gruber-White: 11:00 to 12:30 on Wednesday. Margie leading this meeting

CLO: That was the question Alan

CLO: we do not  should we

Cintra Sooknanan: Hello

Cintra Sooknanan: still waiting on the call from Adigo

CLO: These now need to be ouy to b=vote

Alan Greenberg: Regarding "Technology Evolution of Whois Service", I presume this is the effort to define what is needed in future WHOIS. There was a Call for Expertise for a Drafting Team to Develop a Whois Service Requirements Survey last week - http://gnso.icann.org/announcements/announcement-19may11-en.htm.

Alan Greenberg: It was sent to the GNSO Liaison list. I think Staff normally forwards such documents to the ALAC and At-Large or ALAC-Announce lists. But I would be happy to do this if requested.

Gisella Gruber-White: Sylvia and Cintra dropped - redialling

Cintra Sooknanan: Thank you I am on the call :)

Sergio Salinas Porto 2: sylvia is out, call it PLEASE

Alan Greenberg: Messages on WHOIS Drating Team sent to ALAC and At-Large lists. So no need to add to Action Items.

CLO: Now Evan :-)

Gisella Gruber-White: Please remember live interpretation - please don't speak too fast

Evan Leibovitch: sorry

Evan Leibovitch: rhetoric avoidance is always appreciated

Sergio Salinas Porto 2: thanks is very difficult to follow from the Spanish channel! ;)

Olivier Crepin-Leblond: Vote 1 - JAS WGThe ALAC is pleased to note interest from the Board shown towards the second Milestone report of the Cross-community Joint Applicant Support Working Group (JAS WG). To this extent, it therefore welcomes the organisation of a conference call for interested board members and the GNSO, GAC, and At-Large reps to discuss the status and way forward for the recently released JAS WG report.

Dave Kissoondoyal: My call dropped -- I am back again

Sergio Salinas Porto 2: sylvia dropped

Marc Rotenberg: "To this extent, it therefore welcomes " -> "To this extent, the ALAC therefore welcomes"

Alan Greenberg: OLC - Being human may exclude some of the normal cast of characters...

Cintra Sooknanan: sorry this is for a call..

Cintra Sooknanan: aren't we having a meeting in Singapore

Cintra Sooknanan: ?

Dev Anand Teelucksingh: https://www.facebook.com/EG8Forum

Dave Kissoondoyal: http://www.eg8forum.com/en/

CLO: dropped call

Dave Kissoondoyal: I am fuly in favor of a statement

Olivier Crepin-Leblond: Vote 2 - eG8The ALAC fully supports the contents of the statement on the eG8 Forum and its transmission to the French President and his advisers as well as the ICANN Board.

James Seng: Sorry, just trying to say "I agree" - no futher comments

Gisella Gruber-White: Matt Ashtiani is now on the call

CLO: I dialledd back in

Gisella Gruber-White: Cheryl - thanks - we were trying to connect you

CLO: back

Evan Leibovitch: How about:The ALAC is pleased to note interest from the Board and elsewhere in the ICANN community regarding the second Milestone Report of the Cross-community Joint Applicant Support Working Group (JAS WG). It therefore welcomes the organisation of a conference call  -- for interested members of the JAS WG, ICANN Board, GNSO, At-Large and other interested stakeholders -- to explain the JAS WG's status and discuss ways forward.

Sergio Salinas Porto: sylvia agree to

Jean-Jacques Subrenat: evan +1

Jean-Jacques Subrenat: (sorry, I meant "Evan")

Evan Leibovitch: Note: in addition to wanting this call, the JAS is asking for a JAS-related session in Singapore (but that might be better saved for agenda item #9)

Gisella Gruber-White: Sylvia dropped - redialling

sylvia leite: droped call

Gisella Gruber-White: Yes, we are calling you Sylvia

sylvia leite: i'm in

Cintra Sooknanan: shouldn't we include the GAC and Board in the JAS session in  Singapore

Evan Leibovitch: The ALAC is pleased to note interest from the Board and other stakeholders towards the second Milestone Report of the Cross-community Joint Applicant Support Working Group (JAS WG). To this extent, it therefore welcomes the organisation of a conference call  -- for interested members of the JAS WG, ICANN Board, GNSO, GAC, At-Large and other interested community members -- to discuss the status and way forward for the JAS WG. We also request the creation of a multi-stakeholder meeting on this issue to be held at the ICANN meeting in Singapore.

Evan Leibovitch: Thanks!

Marc Rotenberg: To this extent, it therefore welcomes " -> "To this extent, the ALAC therefore welcomes"

Cintra Sooknanan: I know I don't have a vote but +1

Sergio Salinas Porto: Sylvia dropped - redialling please

Cintra Sooknanan: I am sorry I have to close adobe  connect but I am still on the call

Cintra Sooknanan: see you!

Gisella Gruber-White: Sylvia is back

Alan Greenberg: Summary that ALAC can vote on now. ALAC supports level playing field but does have some concerns regarding market power issues and unfair competition.

Alan Greenberg: I will post a proposed final wording later today. MUCH later as I am on calls or prep for calls for another 4.5 hours.

sylvia leite: ok

Dev Anand Teelucksingh: PAD : https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtasV2tOgnqxdEtybGhDb3NweG5mZXdZXzlSMzlTdVE&hl=en_GB

Alan Greenberg: To be clear, I will post draft final text. If there are no objections, it will go out as a formal statement. If there are objections, the statement may be refined as required, with the ExCom  making a final decision.  Is this acceptable?

Olivier Crepin-Leblond: take this as a yes, Alan

Gisella Gruber-White: Ron and Jean-Jacques have had to leave the call

Gisella Gruber-White: Interpretation confirmed until the top of the hour

Dev Anand Teelucksingh: Disappointed that funding for FY12-19 - "ALAC-LACRALO Outreach to countries without ALSes" was not approved - but suggests that more involvement in PPC is needed

Dev Anand Teelucksingh: agree with Cheryl and Tijani on the improved process - at least there was consideration of budget requests and there was feedback

Evan Leibovitch: the budget allocations are a cruel joke. A nasty waste of substantial volunteer effort

Evan Leibovitch: I would prefer funding approval with no feedback compared to lots of feedback and rejection

CLO: So is this where I Say Knowledge base again

Gisella Gruber-White: Please mute your line if you are rustling paper

Gisella Gruber-White: there is noise on the line

Marc Rotenberg: Is it appropriate to draft a statement regarding ALAC's concerns about the outcome of the budget process?

Evan Leibovitch: A few words committing ICANN to store and reconsider fund projects that were rejected to lack of funds would have been appreciated

CLO: yup

Evan Leibovitch: The only good news is that we'll have same time for the future.

sylvia leite: agree with Evan in a "a few words ...

Evan Leibovitch: When staff comes back to use for proposals for next year -- which they will, having forgotten everything done now -- we will be ready with what's already been done.

Evan Leibovitch: "we'll have saved time"

CLO: You had two  8's as well OCL

Evan Leibovitch: "The GAC is rather slow". That's like saying "rain is rather wet".

Sandra Hoferichter: the call dropped

Alan Greenberg: That was not an action item as it was determined during the meeting.

Dev Anand Teelucksingh: I was also interviewed by Michelle Jourdan regarding making the ICANN's website more user friendly around Oct-Nov 2010

Gisella Gruber-White: Line fine

Gisella Gruber-White: faint echo

Gisella Gruber-White: 1 minute to go with interpretation

Olivier Crepin-Leblond: thx

Olivier Crepin-Leblond: noted

Gisella Gruber-White: Spanish interpretation is still ongoing

Gisella Gruber-White: French has ceased

CLO: Thanks  All   Thanks G

Dave Kissoondoyal: Thanks Chair , staff and all

Dave Kissoondoyal: Bye

Dev Anand Teelucksingh: Take care, everyone

Sergio Salinas Porto 2: Chau! see all in singapure

Olivier Crepin-Leblond: Thanks see you all in singapore!

• No labels