An ALAC Development Session was approved under the FY16 Special Budget Requests. The Development Session will take place in Dublin on Friday, 23 October 2015 between 10:00-18:00 for 2015-2016 ALAC members.
ALAC Team Building Workshop 23/10/15
1. Integrate new ALAC members.
2. Explore and discuss resolution to possible disconnects amongst the ALAC.
3. Agree our purpose and ways of working.
4. Explore ways of communication and collaboration ways to facilitate the most effective meetings and work practices.
5. Have fun!
Measures of Success
- Feels like a good use of our time.
- Feel optimistic that we will be able to meet the ALAC’s stated purposes.
- A well-integrated group.
- Greater understanding of each other’s operating styles.
- Developed a sense of cohesiveness amongst the ALAC.
- Have explored and developed behaviours (e.g. listening, participation, compromising) and start to demonstrate them.
Each person to answer :
Where do they call home and where do they work (if different).
Why they have joined (or continue to serve on) the ALAC?
Who am I?
All to bring an object or picture that best describes them as an individual.
“Please take one minute to tell us why you have brought this picture/object and what it says about you”
I min max here
Building Consensus for the Working Methods for the Session.
Discuss what is needed to be at our best in this workshop. Record items on a flip chart and stick on wall (e.g. listening, confidentiality, computers, stick to timings etc).
11.30 - 11.40
ICANN, ALAC and At-Large: Where we want to go in 2016 and beyond?
All to think about this question (in pairs) and write answers on separate post it notes.
“Why do we exist as a group?
Collate Post it notes on a flip chart and discuss and review how we will know if we succeed.
Each person to vote their #1 and #2 choice.
Discuss and review how we will know when we’ve got there.
11.40 – 12.40
12.40 – 13.40
Communication and Collaboration: How to Facilitate the Most Effective Meetings and Work Practices
How can we:
Discuss as a whole group how we can hold each other accountable (15 mins).
15 mins inc break
15.25 – 15.40
It takes a Village
Each person to reflect upon (10 mins) and then share with the group (5 mins each):
15.50 – 17.30
Review of ALAC interactions (Alan)
i.e. review of mailing lists and wiki practices plus questions.
Actions and Next Steps
Each person to reflect upon these 2 questions and then and verbalise:
Please bring 1 object or picture that best describes you. Be prepared to talk for approx 1 minute about what this object/picture says about you.