Terri Agnew: (7/22/2014 07:28) Dear all, Welcome to the ALAC Monthly Teleconference on Tuesday 22nd July 2014 at 14:00 UTC
Terri Agnew: (07:29) meeting page:https://community.icann.org/x/NrDhAg
Terri Agnew: (08:00) Hi everyone, this call will start at 14:00 UTC
Heidi Ullrich: (08:39) Welcome, All!
Alan Greenberg: (08:45) My AdobeConnect password did not work today. Had to reset it.
Allan Skuce: (08:48) Greetings.
Otunte Otueneh: (08:48) Hello all, good to meet here once again after London
Alan Greenberg: (08:48) Will be on bridge in a bit. Listening on AC
Alan Greenberg: (08:50) 1/5 hpurs is only 1/5 of the meeting!
Alan Greenberg: (08:51) Ooh 2 typos in 1 short sentence. 1.5 hours is only 1/2 of meeting.
Maureen Hilyard: (08:52) @Alan Please no..
Maureen Hilyard: (08:52) Not a 3 hour meeting...
Holly Raiche: (08:52) @Alan: The advertised time is 2 hours
Holly Raiche: (08:54) I never login - I have been entering into the room as a guest for YEARS
sandra hoferichter: (08:56) Hi all, which are not on vacation!
Holly Raiche: (08:56) Just remember, it's winter here (although it's not that much colder than when I was in London)
Fatima Cambronero: (08:58) hello everyone
Alberto Soto: (08:58) Hello everyone!
Gisella Gruber-White: (08:58) elcome to all!
firstname.lastname@example.org: (08:59) Hello all
Eduardo Diaz: (09:01) ¡Hola a todos!
Dev Anand Teelucksingh: (09:02) Hello everyone
Holly Raiche: (09:02) Hello everyone
Satish Babu: (09:03) Hi all
Yubelkys Montalvo: (09:04) Hola! saludos Desde PR!
Loris Taylor: (09:04) Hello everyone
email@example.com: (09:07) Welcome to our Russian interpreters
sandra hoferichter: (09:08) is someone on the russian channel listening? I missed that sorry.
Heidi Ullrich: (09:11) The AI on the SSAC be given more than 30 mins during the next ICANN public meeting session with At-Large has been marked as complete.
Heidi Ullrich: (09:12) At-Large staff will work with SSAC support staff on giving either 45 or 60 mins to the SSAC.
Heidi Ullrich: (09:13) @Alan, the NARALO AI has been unchecked
Gisella Gruber-White: (09:14) @ Sandra - nobody on RU today
Gisella Gruber-White: (09:16) Siranush Vardanyan has joined the call
Siranush Vardanyan: (09:18) thanks for switching me into English channel, I was only via phone and was not able to tell. Please, my internet doesn't work properly, just in case if I am out of connection and my phone line will be dropped, please, redial my number. Thanks
Heidi Ullrich: (09:19) @Sandra, it is on my list of things to get to today ;) I will send your a note today ;)
sandra hoferichter: (09:20) @Heidi you are top of my list as well:)
Gisella Gruber-White: (09:21) @ Siranush - we will keep an eye on your line
Siranush Vardanyan: (09:21) thanks, Gisella
Holly Raiche: (09:23) I can't hear either
Gisella Gruber-White: (09:23) Hadja Ouattara has joined the French channel
Gisella Gruber-White: (09:24) Pastor Peters has joined the Adobe Connect
Heidi Ullrich: (09:24) I believe Tijani was saying couldn't agree on making the Expanded Academy WG a standing WG as it has members from all AC/SOs...
Heidi Ullrich: (09:24) The ALAC couldn't...
Olivier Crepin-Leblond: (09:25) @Heidi: yes that's why Sandra & Staff are to work together to explain the different status of the Academy WGs & make a porposal for next ALAC call
Olivier Crepin-Leblond: (09:25) note: Academy WGS - with an S
Dev Anand Teelucksingh: (09:25) This was a recommendation from the TG5 for ATLAS2
Fatima Cambronero: (09:26) great Dev!
Matthew Rantanen: (09:27) sorry I was late
Fatima Cambronero: (09:29) Tijani, I offer my collaboration to you in the organization of the WG on CB call
Heidi Ullrich: (09:29) @Olivier, would you be willing to chair the next Capacity Building Webinar on behalf of Tijani/
Heidi Ullrich: (09:29) ?
Gisella Gruber-White: (09:29) Wolf Ludwig has joined the AC room
Alan Greenberg: (09:32) Logistics of a discussion now would be a bit hard.
Gisella Gruber-White: (09:33) Evan Leibovitch has joined the call
Fatima Cambronero: (09:35) Olivier, sorry I didn't understand how can I complete the document that you sent. I will ask you after this call
Olivier Crepin-Leblond: (09:35) https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/The+state+of+the+gTLD+expansion+program
Loris Taylor: (09:36) I appreciate the capacit building efforts regarding the working groups; especially for newcomers.
Dev Anand Teelucksingh: (09:37) This should ramp up since there is a call for volunteers for a GNSO group : http://gnso.icann.org/en/announcements/announcement-08jul14-en.htm
Dev Anand Teelucksingh: (09:38) Re: text from Thomas L ; I'll update the page at https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/The+state+of+the+gTLD+expansion+program
Yubelkys Montalvo: (09:41) hola Eduardo!
Sébastien: (09:44) I realy think there is no need to contact Fadi. the question when At-Large want a next ATLAS? And we will need to work on that
Eduardo Diaz: (09:44) For the record: Staff lease make sure to add ATLAS II ROI follow-up work into the ALAC monthly calls standing action items. Thank you.
Heidi Ullrich: (09:46) Thanks, Eduardo. We will make an AI of that so it is in the record
firstname.lastname@example.org: (09:50) Thank you for the update Alberto
email@example.com: (09:50) let us know if there is any action required for staff
Leon Sanchez: (09:51) I have to leave the call early. I apologize for having tomleave before time but will catch up with the transcript and recording
Dev Anand Teelucksingh: (09:54) Take care Leon
Olivier Crepin-Leblond: (09:54) thanks Leon!
Alberto Soto: (09:56) Silvia,sivia, I will get the mail after confim the inconvenience.
firstname.lastname@example.org: (10:00) @ Alberto let us coordinate afterwards
Evan: (10:00) Hi.
Evan: (10:01) It's been diff
Carlton Samuels: (10:01) Howdy do everybody
Evan: (10:01) difficult to participate from the floor of IETF 90
Evan: (10:02) having connectivity problems. at an IANA conference. go figure...
Evan: (10:02) IETF oops
Evan: (10:02) IANA on the brain
Dev Anand Teelucksingh: (10:08) Policy Development Page : https://community.icann.org/display/alacpolicydev/At-Large+Policy+Development+Page
Carlton Samuels: (10:12) @Alan: +1
Carlton Samuels: (10:14) Somebody's phone..
Evan: (10:14) There is a significant school of thought that there should be no restrictions on two letter second level domains
Carlton Samuels: (10:14) Aaaah, gone..
Gisella Gruber-White: (10:15) @ SIranush - we are dialling you back
Carlton Samuels: (10:15) @OCL: The At-Large WG on Accountability IS the ALAC!
Holly Raiche: (10:16) @ Carlton - sooo very true
Carlton Samuels: (10:16) Make the Accountability issue a standing agenda item on each ALAC meeting
Gisella Gruber-White: (10:17) @ Holly - would you like us to call you back?
Holly Raiche: (10:17) It's happening
Maureen Hilyard: (10:17) @Carlton I agree too
Evan: (10:21) Future accountability work can build on the R3 document which came out of FCWG
Evan: (10:23) I disagree with Tijani. There will be some timely deliverables, however accountability is an ongoing issue that requires short term AND long term activity
Evan: (10:23) A single WG is not the start and end of our work on ICANN accountability
Julie Hammer: (10:23) Olivier, would it be possible to deal with Agenda Item 9 next please? I regret that I will need to drop off the call soon.
Olivier Crepin-Leblond: (10:23) @Carlton: the ALAC needs to delegate to its WG for doing the legwork
Holly Raiche: (10:24) Evan - what do you think of accountability in the FC
Evan: (10:24) I trying to speak using adoobe
Evan: (10:25) will have to dial in
Evan: (10:25) dial-in in now
Loris Taylor: (10:26) I apologize but I have to jump off. Great meeting.
Olivier Crepin-Leblond: (10:27) bye Loris!
Olivier Crepin-Leblond: (10:27) Thanks for joiining in
Evan: (10:29) i have a hard stop soon too
Evan: (10:29) is JJS here on the call?
Fatima Cambronero: (10:30) yes, I am in the Spanish channel
Olivier Crepin-Leblond: (10:30) no JJS
Evan: (10:32) Thanks everyone. I will work with JJS to consider a revised charter and possible rename
Evan: (10:33) Have a hard stop. Need to go. I will follow up with Olivier and staff offline.
Holly Raiche: (10:33) Now I can leave this call. Will catch up with the rest on the transcript. Thanks everyone
Alan Greenberg: (10:34) Echo!
Heidi Ullrich: (10:34) ATLAS II Summit Workspace: https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=39420675
Heidi Ullrich: (10:34) https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/ATLAS+II+Working+Groups
Eduardo Diaz: (10:35) this link is better: https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/ATLAS+II+Working+Groups+Organizational+Map
Wolf Ludwig: (10:36) I am only on AC!
Heidi Ullrich: (10:42) Part of the PR/Comms work were daily videos during the ATLAS II : https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/atlas-ii-approaching-2014-06-05-en
Cheryl Langdon-Orr: (10:47) dropped please get me back on dial out
Heidi Ullrich: (10:47) Adigo is dialing now, Cheryl
Dev Anand Teelucksingh: (10:48) Indeed it was extremely fortunate for the Fayre was not in the ALAC room
Heidi Ullrich: (10:49) ATLAS II website: http://atlas.icann.org/
Heidi Ullrich: (10:51) @Eduardo, we can follow up with Webadmin today
Yubelkys Montalvo: (10:54) I lost the sound but now is ok
Cheryl Langdon-Orr: (10:55) noted...:-) :-) :-)
Wolf Ludwig: (10:55) Waiting for the dial-out
Fatima Cambronero: (10:55) @Cheryl, count on me to collaborate with this point
Cheryl Langdon-Orr: (10:55) excellent :-)
Wolf Ludwig: (10:58) I am dialed in now ...
Olivier Crepin-Leblond: (10:59) ok Wolf -- I'll call upon you next
Eduardo Diaz: (11:01) I will write up a brief report on the atlas II and will defineticvely share it with the ROI WG
Dev Anand Teelucksingh: (11:01) Also a huge thanks to Eduardo Diaz for his work in organising and then coordinating the various working groups
Cheryl Langdon-Orr: (11:02) thanks @Eduardo
Cheryl Langdon-Orr: (11:02) agreed @Dev :-) :-) :-)
Fatima Cambronero: (11:02) maybe we can also create a kind of guide on how to organize the ATLAS meeting for future generations :)
Olivier Crepin-Leblond: (11:02) @Fatima -- yes - Best Practices from ATLAS II
Fatima Cambronero: (11:02) great
Maureen Hilyard: (11:04) Very deserving applause for Eduardo and the rest of the team
email@example.com: (11:04) Bravo to all of you !
Heidi Ullrich: (11:04) Well done!!
Eduardo Diaz: (11:05) THank you!
Yubelkys Montalvo: (11:05) yes, congratulations!!!!
Wolf Ludwig: (11:05) Thanks Eduardo -- you were simply great!!!
Heidi Ullrich: (11:06) See: https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/coordination-group-2014-06-17-en
Maureen Hilyard: (11:15) Apologies I have to leave now.
Cheryl Langdon-Orr: (11:16) shudder and sigh OCL
Alan Greenberg: (11:16) Good point Olivier.
Yubelkys Montalvo: (11:16) I think that surveys are good tools to compile the feedback and interest of the people.
Cheryl Langdon-Orr: (11:16) bye @Maureen
Maureen Hilyard: (11:17) See you all next meeting :)
Dev Anand Teelucksingh: (11:17) take care Maureen!
Olivier Crepin-Leblond: (11:17) Take care Maureen
Cheryl Langdon-Orr: (11:21) indeed
Sébastien: (11:31) @Olivier but it is the same all over ICANN (not just in the coordination WG)
Olivier Crepin-Leblond: (11:33) @Sébastien: Indeed a real concern.
Alan Greenberg: (11:35) @Tijani, Of course. We need both.
Julie Hammer: (11:35) Apologies, I need to drop off now. Bye everyone.
Heidi Ullrich: (11:36) 10 more minutes for interpretation
Heidi Ullrich: (11:36) they are already 36 mins over
Olivier Crepin-Leblond: (11:36) Bye Julie!
Heidi Ullrich: (11:37) In selecting your participants for the AC/SO leadership orientation, PlEASE NOTE, they must have travel support to ICANN 51. The are covered only for accommodation and a stipend for the orientation.
Carlton Samuels: (11:37) @Alan: The representation was based on SO/AC/Stakeholder groups. We know how these are structured - market, business interests, engagement in ICANN etc . So if we must recognize regional diversity, we must add other criteria at the top level.
Carlton Samuels: (11:40) I don't think there is a chance to do that now. So using the At-Large's natural diversity, we must prepare an At-Large position that is more likely to take in account the divergent contributions. That is the best way we would empower our 2 representatives in the CG
Cheryl Langdon-Orr: (11:40) happy to help /@tijani
Alan Greenberg: (11:40) @Tijani, I have already pinged Cheryl on this.
Sébastien: (11:41) @Carlton: it was the only reason I was for final selectors - it was the role I play for the MSWG and I think we succed in various items (gender, regional, sub-regional and also competency)
Alan Greenberg: (11:41) Also outreach to other candidates
Carlton Samuels: (11:45) @Alan: Other than the tendency to closed meetings and therefore comms assymmetry, what other operational problems?
Alan Greenberg: (11:46) @ Carlton, sorry, did not see when you posted that. What is the subject it is in relation to?
Heidi Ullrich: (11:47) 2014 At-Large Elections, Selections, and Appointments Workspace: https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+ALAC+and+RALO+Elections%2C+Selections+and+Appointments+-+2014
Carlton Samuels: (11:47) @Alan: GAC/GNSO views
Carlton Samuels: (11:48) I was making he point that if we accept the bye-law imposed primacy of the GAC in the SO/AC framework, then communications/sharing of information is the only real issue
Fatima Cambronero: (11:48) @Gisella my call was dropped
Alan Greenberg: (11:49) The issue is not closed meetings (which has decreased a lot, in general, for the GAC. It was the lack of early participation in GNSO activities, and indeed, the lack of even knowledge in the GAC on what the GNSO is working on, or will be working on. Although not an original reason, also relevant is the lack of understanding on the GNSO of the issues and positions on the GAC
Alan Greenberg: (11:49) Not a Bylaw issue, but a real operation chasm
Alan Greenberg: (11:49) operational
Carlton Samuels: (11:50) Hmmm. Maybe. But IMHO, you cannot divorce the colour placed on the GAC in bye-law from behaviour.
Heidi Ullrich: (11:51) PROPOSED Timeline: Nominations Open: 23 July 2014 Nominations Close: 30 July 2014 Nomination Acceptance Deadline: On or before 4 August 2014 RALO nominee prioritization period: Between 4- 8 August 2014 (this may include a vote if desired) ALAC Notification: RALOs to transmit all accepted nominations with a recommendation for a preferred candidate if the RALO wishes to provide one by 8 August 2014 ALAC Review of RALO Recommendations/Additional List of Nominations Accepted: 8 August - 11 August 2014 ALAC selection and endorsement vote: Carried out on-line between 11August - 15 August 2014 Notification to NomCom of Appointees: No later than 15 August 2014 or as arranged with NomCom Secretariat
Carlton Samuels: (11:51) If I consider myself first among equals, I might be encouraged to think what lesser breeds do or say is hardly my business.
Yubelkys Montalvo: (11:52) I'm running out of battery. thank you for the meeting.
Dev Anand Teelucksingh: (11:52) The interpreters remained on the call the whole time...goodness
Heidi Ullrich: (11:52) Thanks, All!
Fatima Cambronero: (11:52) my call was dropped in the Spanish channel :(
Cheryl Langdon-Orr: (11:52) yes Heidi but ONLY LACRALO needs to do any of that... all other Regions are fine and finished
Alberto Soto: (11:53) Thanks and greetings to all!
Eduardo Diaz: (11:53) See you all soon.!!
Carlton Samuels: (11:53) Good day all
Dev Anand Teelucksingh: (11:53) the call is finishing, fatima
sandra hoferichter: (11:53) bye all!
Satish Babu: (11:53) Bye!!
Yubelkys Montalvo: (11:53) thank you
Alan Greenberg: (11:53) @Carlton, yes, that is a position that could be taken (and is shown in the recent communique saying that the GNSO must not have a policy process on the RCRC. But in the general case, there seems to be good will on encouraging more real discussion.
Beran Gillen: (11:53) thank you everyone bye
Dev Anand Teelucksingh: (11:53) take care all
Wolf Ludwig: (11:53) Thanks and good bye all!
Fatima Cambronero: (11:53) thanks Dev, I am in the AC. Thanks to all, bye
Allan Skuce: (11:54) Bye.
Cheryl Langdon-Orr: (11:55) bye all