Terri Agnew: (7/22/2014 07:28) Dear all, Welcome to the ALAC Monthly Teleconference on Tuesday 22nd July 2014 at 14:00 UTC

  Terri Agnew: (07:29) meeting page:https://community.icann.org/x/NrDhAg

  Terri Agnew: (08:00) Hi everyone, this call will start at 14:00 UTC

  Heidi Ullrich: (08:39) Welcome, All!

  Alan Greenberg: (08:45) My AdobeConnect password did not work today. Had to reset it.

  Allan Skuce: (08:48) Greetings.

  Otunte Otueneh: (08:48) Hello all, good to meet here once again after London

  Alan Greenberg: (08:48) Will be on bridge in a bit. Listening on AC

  Alan Greenberg: (08:50) 1/5 hpurs is only 1/5 of the meeting!

  Alan Greenberg: (08:51) Ooh 2 typos in 1 short sentence. 1.5 hours is only 1/2 of meeting.

  Maureen Hilyard: (08:52) @Alan Please no..

  Maureen Hilyard: (08:52) Not a 3 hour meeting...

  Holly Raiche: (08:52) @Alan: The advertised time is 2 hours

  Holly Raiche: (08:54) I never login - I have been entering into the room as a guest for YEARS

  sandra hoferichter: (08:56) Hi all, which are not on vacation!

  Holly Raiche: (08:56) Just remember, it's winter here (although it's not that much colder than when I was in London)

  Fatima Cambronero: (08:58) hello everyone

  Alberto Soto: (08:58) Hello everyone!

  Gisella Gruber-White: (08:58) elcome to all!

  silvia.vivanco@icann.org: (08:59) Hello all

  Eduardo Diaz: (09:01) ¡Hola a todos!

  Dev Anand Teelucksingh: (09:02) Hello everyone

  Holly Raiche: (09:02) Hello everyone

  Satish Babu: (09:03) Hi all

  Yubelkys Montalvo: (09:04) Hola! saludos Desde PR!

  Loris Taylor: (09:04) Hello everyone

  silvia.vivanco@icann.org: (09:07) Welcome to our Russian interpreters

  sandra hoferichter: (09:08) is someone on the russian channel listening? I missed that sorry.

  Heidi Ullrich: (09:11) The AI on the SSAC be given more than 30 mins during the next ICANN public meeting session with At-Large has been marked as complete.

  Heidi Ullrich: (09:12) At-Large staff will work with SSAC support staff on giving either 45 or 60 mins to the SSAC.

  Heidi Ullrich: (09:13) @Alan, the NARALO AI has been unchecked

  Gisella Gruber-White: (09:14) @ Sandra - nobody on RU today

  Gisella Gruber-White: (09:16) Siranush Vardanyan has joined the call

  Siranush Vardanyan: (09:18) thanks for switching me into English channel, I was only via phone and was not able to tell. Please, my internet doesn't work properly, just in case if I am out of connection and my phone line will be dropped, please, redial my number. Thanks

  Heidi Ullrich: (09:19) @Sandra, it is on my list of things to get to today ;) I will send your a note today ;)

  sandra hoferichter: (09:20) @Heidi you are top of my list as well:)

  Gisella Gruber-White: (09:21) @ Siranush - we will keep an eye on your line

  Siranush Vardanyan: (09:21) thanks, Gisella

  Holly Raiche: (09:23) I can't hear either

  Gisella Gruber-White: (09:23) Hadja Ouattara has joined the French channel

  Gisella Gruber-White: (09:24) Pastor Peters has joined the Adobe Connect

  Heidi Ullrich: (09:24) I believe Tijani was saying couldn't agree on making the Expanded Academy WG a standing WG as it has members from all AC/SOs...

  Heidi Ullrich: (09:24) The ALAC couldn't...

  Olivier Crepin-Leblond: (09:25) @Heidi: yes that's why Sandra & Staff are to work together to explain the different status of the Academy WGs & make a porposal for next ALAC call

  Olivier Crepin-Leblond: (09:25) note: Academy WGS - with an S

  Dev Anand Teelucksingh: (09:25) This was a recommendation from the TG5 for ATLAS2

  Fatima Cambronero: (09:26) great Dev!

  Matthew Rantanen: (09:27) sorry I was late

  Fatima Cambronero: (09:29) Tijani, I offer my collaboration to you in the organization of the WG on CB call

  Heidi Ullrich: (09:29) @Olivier, would you be willing to chair the next Capacity Building Webinar on behalf of Tijani/

  Heidi Ullrich: (09:29) ?

  Gisella Gruber-White: (09:29) Wolf Ludwig has joined the AC room

  Alan Greenberg: (09:32) Logistics of a discussion now would be a bit hard.

  Gisella Gruber-White: (09:33) Evan Leibovitch has joined the call

  Fatima Cambronero: (09:35) Olivier, sorry I didn't understand how can I complete the document that you sent. I will ask you after this call

  Olivier Crepin-Leblond: (09:35) https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/The+state+of+the+gTLD+expansion+program

  Loris Taylor: (09:36) I appreciate the capacit building efforts regarding the working groups; especially for newcomers.

  Dev Anand Teelucksingh: (09:37) This should ramp up since there is a call for volunteers for a GNSO group : http://gnso.icann.org/en/announcements/announcement-08jul14-en.htm

  Dev Anand Teelucksingh: (09:38) Re: text from Thomas L ; I'll update the page at https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/The+state+of+the+gTLD+expansion+program

  Yubelkys Montalvo: (09:41) hola Eduardo!

  Sébastien: (09:44) I realy think there is no need to contact Fadi. the question when At-Large want a next ATLAS? And we will need to work on that

  Eduardo Diaz: (09:44) For the record: Staff lease make sure to add ATLAS II ROI follow-up work into the ALAC monthly calls standing action items. Thank you.

  Heidi Ullrich: (09:46) Thanks, Eduardo. We will make an AI of that so it is in the record

  silvia.vivanco@icann.org: (09:50) Thank you for the update Alberto

  silvia.vivanco@icann.org: (09:50) let us know if there is any action required for staff

  Leon Sanchez: (09:51) I have to leave the call early. I apologize for having tomleave before time but will catch up with the transcript and recording

  Dev Anand Teelucksingh: (09:54) Take care Leon

  Olivier Crepin-Leblond: (09:54) thanks Leon!

  Alberto Soto: (09:56) Silvia,sivia, I will get the mail after confim the inconvenience.

  silvia.vivanco@icann.org: (10:00) @ Alberto let us coordinate afterwards

  Evan: (10:00) Hi.

  Evan: (10:01) It's been diff

  Carlton Samuels: (10:01) Howdy do everybody

  Evan: (10:01) difficult to participate from the floor of IETF 90

  Evan: (10:02) having connectivity problems. at an IANA conference. go figure...

  Evan: (10:02) IETF oops

  Evan: (10:02) IANA on the brain

  Dev Anand Teelucksingh: (10:08) Policy Development Page : https://community.icann.org/display/alacpolicydev/At-Large+Policy+Development+Page

  Carlton Samuels: (10:12) @Alan: +1

  Carlton Samuels: (10:14) Somebody's phone..

  Evan: (10:14) There is a significant school of thought that there should be no restrictions on two letter second level domains

  Carlton Samuels: (10:14) Aaaah, gone..

  Gisella Gruber-White: (10:15) @ SIranush - we are dialling you back

  Carlton Samuels: (10:15) @OCL: The At-Large WG on Accountability IS the ALAC!

  Holly Raiche: (10:16) @ Carlton - sooo very true

  Carlton Samuels: (10:16) Make the Accountability issue a standing agenda item on each ALAC meeting

  Gisella Gruber-White: (10:17) @ Holly - would you like us to call you back?

  Holly Raiche: (10:17) It's happening

  Maureen Hilyard: (10:17) @Carlton I agree too

  Evan: (10:21) Future accountability work can build on the R3 document which came out of FCWG

  Evan: (10:23) I disagree with Tijani. There will be some timely deliverables, however accountability is an ongoing issue that requires short term AND long term activity

  Evan: (10:23) A single WG is not the start and end of our work on ICANN accountability

  Julie Hammer: (10:23) Olivier, would it be possible to deal with Agenda Item 9 next please?  I regret that I will need to drop off the call soon.

  Olivier Crepin-Leblond: (10:23) @Carlton: the ALAC needs to delegate to its WG for doing the legwork

  Holly Raiche: (10:24) Evan - what do you think of accountability in the FC

  Evan: (10:24) I trying to speak using adoobe

  Evan: (10:25) will have to dial in

  Evan: (10:25) dial-in in now

  Loris Taylor: (10:26) I apologize but I have to jump off.  Great meeting.

  Olivier Crepin-Leblond: (10:27) bye Loris!

  Olivier Crepin-Leblond: (10:27) Thanks for joiining in

  Evan: (10:29) i have a hard stop soon too

  Evan: (10:29) is JJS here on the call?

  Fatima Cambronero: (10:30) yes, I am in the Spanish channel

  Olivier Crepin-Leblond: (10:30) no JJS

  Evan: (10:32) Thanks everyone. I will work with JJS to consider a revised charter and possible rename

  Evan: (10:33) Have a hard stop. Need to go. I will follow up with Olivier and staff offline.

  Holly Raiche: (10:33) Now I can leave this call.  Will catch up with the rest on the transcript.  Thanks everyone

  Alan Greenberg: (10:34) Echo!

  Heidi Ullrich: (10:34) ATLAS II Summit Workspace: https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=39420675

  Heidi Ullrich: (10:34) https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/ATLAS+II+Working+Groups

  Eduardo Diaz: (10:35) this link is better: https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/ATLAS+II+Working+Groups+Organizational+Map

  Wolf Ludwig: (10:36) I am only on AC!

  Heidi Ullrich: (10:42) Part of the PR/Comms work were daily videos during the ATLAS II : https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/atlas-ii-approaching-2014-06-05-en

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr: (10:47) dropped please get me back on dial out

  Heidi Ullrich: (10:47) Adigo is dialing now, Cheryl

  Dev Anand Teelucksingh: (10:48) Indeed  it was extremely fortunate for the Fayre was not in the ALAC room

  Heidi Ullrich: (10:49) ATLAS II website: http://atlas.icann.org/

  Heidi Ullrich: (10:51) @Eduardo, we can follow up with Webadmin today

  Yubelkys Montalvo: (10:54) I lost the sound but now is ok

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr: (10:55) noted...:-) :-) :-)

  Wolf Ludwig: (10:55) Waiting for the dial-out

  Fatima Cambronero: (10:55) @Cheryl, count on me to collaborate with this point

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr: (10:55) excellent :-)

  Wolf Ludwig: (10:58) I am dialed in now ...

  Olivier Crepin-Leblond: (10:59) ok Wolf -- I'll call upon you next

  Eduardo Diaz: (11:01) I will  write up a brief report  on the atlas II and will defineticvely share it with the ROI WG

  Dev Anand Teelucksingh: (11:01) Also a huge thanks to Eduardo Diaz for his work in organising and then coordinating the various working groups

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr: (11:02) thanks @Eduardo

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr: (11:02) agreed @Dev :-) :-) :-)

  Fatima Cambronero: (11:02) maybe we can also create a kind of guide on how to organize the ATLAS meeting for future generations :)

  Olivier Crepin-Leblond: (11:02) @Fatima -- yes - Best Practices from ATLAS II

  Fatima Cambronero: (11:02) great

  Maureen Hilyard: (11:04) Very deserving applause for Eduardo and the rest of the team

  silvia.vivanco@icann.org: (11:04) Bravo to all of you !

  Heidi Ullrich: (11:04) Well done!!

  Eduardo Diaz: (11:05) THank you!

  Yubelkys Montalvo: (11:05) yes, congratulations!!!!

  Wolf Ludwig: (11:05) Thanks Eduardo -- you were simply great!!!

  Heidi Ullrich: (11:06) See: https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/coordination-group-2014-06-17-en

  Heidi Ullrich: (11:06) See: https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+Ad-hoc+WG+on+the+Transition+of+US+Government+Stewardship+of+the+IANA+Function

  Maureen Hilyard: (11:15) Apologies I have to leave now.

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr: (11:16) shudder and sigh OCL

  Alan Greenberg: (11:16) Good point Olivier.

  Yubelkys Montalvo: (11:16) I think that surveys are good tools to compile the feedback and interest of the people.

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr: (11:16) bye @Maureen

  Maureen Hilyard: (11:17) See you all next meeting :)

  Dev Anand Teelucksingh: (11:17) take care Maureen!

  Olivier Crepin-Leblond: (11:17) Take care Maureen

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr: (11:21) indeed

  Sébastien: (11:31) @Olivier but it is the same all over ICANN (not just in the coordination WG)

  Olivier Crepin-Leblond: (11:33) @Sébastien: Indeed a real concern.

  Alan Greenberg: (11:35) @Tijani, Of course. We need both.

  Julie Hammer: (11:35) Apologies, I need to drop off now.  Bye everyone.

  Heidi Ullrich: (11:36) 10 more minutes for interpretation

  Heidi Ullrich: (11:36) they are already 36 mins over

  Olivier Crepin-Leblond: (11:36) Bye Julie!

  Heidi Ullrich: (11:37) In selecting your participants for the AC/SO leadership orientation, PlEASE NOTE, they must have travel support to ICANN 51. The are covered only for accommodation and a stipend for the orientation.

  Carlton Samuels: (11:37) @Alan: The representation was based on SO/AC/Stakeholder groups. We know how these are structured  - market, business interests, engagement in ICANN etc . So if we must recognize regional diversity, we must add other criteria at the top level.

  Carlton Samuels: (11:40) I don't think there is a chance to do that now.  So using the At-Large's natural diversity, we must prepare an At-Large position that is more likely to take in account the divergent contributions.  That is the best way we would empower our 2 representatives in the CG

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr: (11:40)  happy to help /@tijani

  Alan Greenberg: (11:40) @Tijani, I have already pinged Cheryl on this.

  Sébastien: (11:41) @Carlton: it was the only reason I was for final selectors - it was the role I play for the MSWG and I think we succed in various items (gender, regional, sub-regional and also competency)

  Alan Greenberg: (11:41) Also outreach to other candidates

  Carlton Samuels: (11:45) @Alan: Other than the tendency to closed meetings and therefore comms assymmetry, what other operational problems?

  Alan Greenberg: (11:46) @ Carlton, sorry, did not see when you posted that. What is the subject it is in relation to?

  Heidi Ullrich: (11:47) 2014 At-Large Elections, Selections, and Appointments Workspace: https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+ALAC+and+RALO+Elections%2C+Selections+and+Appointments+-+2014

  Carlton Samuels: (11:47) @Alan: GAC/GNSO views

  Carlton Samuels: (11:48) I was making he point that if we accept the bye-law imposed primacy of the GAC in the SO/AC framework, then communications/sharing of information is the only real issue

  Fatima Cambronero: (11:48) @Gisella my call was dropped

  Alan Greenberg: (11:49) The issue is not closed meetings (which has decreased a lot, in general, for the GAC. It was the lack of early participation in GNSO activities, and indeed, the lack of even knowledge in the GAC on what the GNSO is working on, or will be working on. Although not an original reason, also relevant is the lack of understanding on the GNSO of the issues and positions on the GAC

  Alan Greenberg: (11:49) Not a Bylaw issue, but a real operation chasm

  Alan Greenberg: (11:49) operational

  Carlton Samuels: (11:50) Hmmm.  Maybe. But IMHO, you cannot divorce the colour placed on the GAC in bye-law from behaviour. 

  Heidi Ullrich: (11:51) PROPOSED  Timeline:     Nominations Open:  23 July 2014    Nominations Close:  30 July 2014    Nomination Acceptance Deadline: On or before 4 August 2014    RALO nominee prioritization period:  Between 4- 8 August 2014 (this may include a vote if desired)    ALAC Notification: RALOs to transmit all accepted nominations with a recommendation for a preferred candidate if the RALO wishes to provide one by 8 August 2014    ALAC Review of RALO Recommendations/Additional List of Nominations Accepted:  8 August - 11 August 2014    ALAC selection and endorsement vote: Carried out on-line between 11August - 15 August 2014    Notification to NomCom of Appointees: No later than 15 August 2014 or as arranged with NomCom Secretariat

  Carlton Samuels: (11:51) If I consider myself first among equals, I might be encouraged to think what lesser breeds do or say is hardly my business.

  Yubelkys Montalvo: (11:52) I'm running out of battery. thank you for the meeting.

  Dev Anand Teelucksingh: (11:52) The interpreters remained on the call the whole time...goodness

  Heidi Ullrich: (11:52) Thanks, All!

  Fatima Cambronero: (11:52) my call was dropped in the Spanish channel :(

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr: (11:52) yes Heidi but ONLY  LACRALO needs to do any of that... all other Regions are fine and finished

  Alberto Soto: (11:53) Thanks and greetings to all!

  Eduardo Diaz: (11:53) See you all soon.!!

  Carlton Samuels: (11:53) Good day all

  Dev Anand Teelucksingh: (11:53) the call is finishing, fatima

  sandra hoferichter: (11:53) bye all!

  Satish Babu: (11:53) Bye!!

  Yubelkys Montalvo: (11:53) thank you

  Alan Greenberg: (11:53) @Carlton, yes, that is a position that could be taken (and is shown in the recent communique saying that the GNSO must not have a policy process on the RCRC.  But in the general case, there seems to be good will on encouraging more real discussion.

  Beran Gillen: (11:53) thank you everyone bye

  Dev Anand Teelucksingh: (11:53) take care all

  Wolf Ludwig: (11:53) Thanks and good bye all!

  Fatima Cambronero: (11:53) thanks Dev, I am in the AC. Thanks to all, bye

  Allan Skuce: (11:54) Bye.

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr: (11:55) bye all

  • No labels