Summary Notes
1. Agenda was adopted
2. Roll call was was held
Attendees: Dev Anand Teelucksingh, Maureen Hilyard, Oksana Prykhodko, Cintra Sooknanan, Alan Greenberg, Pastor Peters, Cheryl Langdon Orr, Evan Leibovitch, Ron Sherwood, Jean Jacques Subrenat, Olivier Crepin Leblond, Rinalia Abdul Rahim, Eduardo Diaz, Carlton Samuels, Yaovi Atohoun, Tijani Ben Jemaa, Titi Akinsanmi, 
Apologies: Yrjo Lansipuro, Edmon Chung, Sala Tamanikaiwaimaro,  Rudi Vansnick, Avri Doria
ES: Sergio Salinas Porto
FR: None
Apologies: Sandra Hoferichter, Christopher Wilkinson, Ganesh Kumar, Julie Hammer, Wolf Ludwig
Staff: Heidi Ullrich, Matt Ashtiani, Silvia Vivanco, Gisella Gruber
Interpreters: Sabrina, Veronica on ES and Camila, Claire on French
3. AIs were reviewed
DAT: Dev will try to have a dashboard that is updated by monday's call. 
AI: Staff to follow up with Sala regarding  capacity building. 
4. The current status of the ALS applicants was reviewed. 
5. Reports
EL: We made it easier for the Board to justify its actions. 
AG: Maybe it helped in their rational of why they did not do something, i can support that. As the ALAC, we are in a position to influence change and various outcomes.
CLO: .ps has gone out. No issues have gone out so far. This is a healthy growth of the ccNSO. 
7. Draft ALAC Statement on the Verisign Request to Implement Redemption Grace Period (RGP) for .name - Discussion and Vote - Alan and Olivier (10 mins)
AG: After a name is deleted, there is a grace period for 30 days during which the original registrant can pay a fee and get it back. This is implemented for all unsponsored gTLDs except .name. PEDNR was silent on how this should be implemented. This is an action that they are assigning to get ahead of teh curve. They are doing this at all of the registration levels. 
AG read the draft Statement. There were no comments on the Statement and a vote was held on ratifying the Statement
Question: Do you support the ALAC Statement on the Verisign Request to Implement Redemption Grace Period (RGP) for .name for communication to the relevant parties?
Proposer: Olivier Crépin-Leblond
Seconded: Evan Leibovitch, Eduardo Diaz, Sergio Salinas Porto
Yes: Olivier Crépin-Leblond, Jean-Jacques Subrenat, Eduardo Diaz, Evan Leibovitch, Sergio Salinas Porto, Carlton Samuels, Tijani Ben Jemaa, Titi Akinsanmi, Yaovi Atohoun, Natalia Enciso 
No: 0
Abstain: 0
6.  Policy Advice Development Calendar
OC: refiling - ICANN Board Conflicts of Interest Review - Revised Conflicts of Interest Policy and Related Governance Documents. The At-Lagre Community will reply to its first comment. 
AG: .com Registry Agreement Renewal - We are disappointed that .com - the largest tld - uses a thick whois. this could be done via PDP. or negotiation. ICANN should avail itself to all the benefits of thick whois, particularly as it espouses these benefits. 
OCL: Security, Stability & Resiliency of the DNS Review Team (SSR RT) - Draft Report - drafted by Julie Hammer
OCL: Draft Advice Letter on Consumer Trust, Consumer Choice, and Competition - being voted on. 
OCL: IDN Variant Issues Project – Proposed Project Plan for Next Steps - comments close tomorrow. Please remember to comment. 
SSP: The voting period for the Renewal should be reviewed 
AG: .post Agreement Amendment - the ALAC may not be submitting a Statemnt on this
AI: After each ALAC meeting, Silvia to send APRALO leadership a list of the PCs the ALAC will and will not be responding to.
8. WGs
AD: One of the items we will soon speak on is teh roll out issues. Cintra and I have traded responsibilities on items and I will take responsibility on this item. 
CCN: Gave various updates on memberhsip and make up of the group. 
TBJ: The dashboard is important and Dev has made good changes. 
DAT: The dahsboard will try to collect all of the Statistics regarding comments revieved from the evaluation pannels.  The second table also counts the number of comments on the objection grounds. The third table is the status of the applications. 
EL: We are concentrating on a white paper - a forward thinking document - that is now open to public discussion. We are also focusing on issues regarding compliance. Compliance Staff has been very good about responding to us and acting professionally. 
JJS: We should try to keep the calendar we talked about in San Jose.
DAT: the csll for membership in the Tech. Taskforce should go out this week
HU: For the first time, ALAC Policy Issues will be a subject of the Policy Webinar. We will be setting up a wiki page for topics for these issues. One issue that we are thinking about would be a good issue to discuss would be the updating of the Top 10 ALAC policy issues. 
AG: The website has become more navigable, thank you.
HU gave an update on the beginner's guide.

  • No labels