Andrea Glandon: (10/2/2018 20:31) Welcome to the ALAC Monthly call held on Tuesday, 02 October 2018 at 21:00 UTC.

Andrea Glandon: (20:31) Wiki Agenda Page: https://community.icann.org/x/SgaNBQ

Barrack Otieno: (21:31) Hi Andrea

Andrea Glandon: (21:31) Welcome, Barrack!

Barrack Otieno: (21:31) Thank you, will wait for the call to start

Andrea Glandon: (21:32) Sounds good!  Do you still want your dial out or will you only connect through AC?

Barrack Otieno: (21:32) I will appreciate the dial out

Andrea Glandon: (21:32) Great!

Barrack Otieno: (21:33) Thank you

Andrea Glandon: (21:33) You're welcome!

Andrea Glandon: (21:41) Welcome to the ALAC Monthly call held on Tuesday, 02 October 2018 at 21:00 UTC.

Andrea Glandon: (21:41) Wiki Agenda Page: https://community.icann.org/x/SgaNBQ

Holly Raiche: (21:55) I trust someone is dialling me - 61 2 94362149 ?  thanks

Andrea Glandon: (21:55) Yes, Holly, but I will verify.

Holly Raiche: (21:56) Done - thanks

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO - ALAC Liaison to the GNSO): (21:56) Hi Holly

Holly Raiche: (21:57) Morning - at such a civilised hour! (for the east coast of Australia)

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO - ALAC Liaison to the GNSO): (21:58) Well the earlier calls were more unsociable  ;-)

Ricardo Holmquist: (21:58) Good day/night everyone

Maureen Hilyard: (22:00) Im off to lunch after this meeting :)

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond: (22:00) please unsync agenda

Abdulkarim Oloyede: (22:01) Am 4 hours late for bed after this meeting

Vanda Brugioni: (22:01) sorry ! my name  came out another one, please consider Vanda Scartezini - crazy thing!!!

Maureen Hilyard: (22:01) I wondered who our new participant was :D

Andrea Glandon: (22:02) thank you, Vanda!

Vanda Brugioni: (22:02) yes i can hear - please consider my name Vanda Scartezini ...

Evin Erdogdu: (22:02) Hello all!

Vanda Brugioni: (22:04) Evin this Vanda with this unknown name is vanda scartezini

Alan Greenberg: (22:04) If you click the pulldown to the right of ATTENDEES ( on the desktop AC), you can edit your name!

Evin Erdogdu: (22:05) Welcome @Vanda

Alberto Soto: (22:05) Hola a todos, hello everyone!!

Barrack Otieno: (22:07) Hi Alberto

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO - ALAC Liaison to the GNSO): (22:07) End of an Era Alan

Vanda Scartezini: (22:08) mute already

Andrea Glandon: (22:09) https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=74587834

Javier Rúa-Jovet (ALAC): (22:09) I suspect @Alan is just commencing!

Javier Rúa-Jovet (ALAC): (22:10) beginning of a new @Alan Era, I suspect!

Alan Greenberg: (22:10) OHHHH No!

Maureen Hilyard: (22:10) Am I getting a dialout so that I can participate later?

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO - ALAC Liaison to the GNSO): (22:10) Hotel California Alan...

Alan Greenberg: (22:10) i MAY LURK IN THE Bckground though.

Evin Erdogdu: (22:11) Final was 85-86 pages, great work from the community and CPWG!

Joanna Kulesza: (22:12) <apologies for typing, cannot freely use my mike> the RDAP draft is ready, I'm following Jonathan on the procedure to submit it for review.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO - ALAC Liaison to the GNSO): (22:13) Yes Justine is indeed a Hero in this as well...

Hadia Elminiawi: (22:13) +1 Cheryl thank you

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO - ALAC Liaison to the GNSO): (22:13) But out of AP I guess we expect here to be :-)

Evin Erdogdu: (22:13) @Joanna noted, thank you for this update

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO - ALAC Liaison to the GNSO): (22:14) Very true  OCL!!!

Maureen Hilyard: (22:14) @OCL totally agree

Maureen Hilyard: (22:14) Create another group if they don't want to join one of those groups??

Hadia Elminiawi: (22:16) +1  alan

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO - ALAC Liaison to the GNSO): (22:21) There is a GREAT Deal in this study Alan...  but I was limiting my comments to things I have a mandate to refer to not general comments

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO - ALAC Liaison to the GNSO): (22:23) not much cross over at all Holly

John Laprise: (22:23) concur

John Laprise: (22:24) WHOIS accuracy is a GDPR issue.

Leah Symekher: (22:25) Alan may i please request a link to ths specific GDPR report?

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO - ALAC Liaison to the GNSO): (22:26) I had already put that down...odd I was not even sitting at my PC at the time

Hadia Elminiawi: (22:28) @leah what specific GDPR report are you referring to?

Holly Raiche: (22:30) Part of this discussion is metrics?

Vanda Scartezini: (22:30) as I know it is done

Vanda Scartezini: (22:31) none is against as I aknow

Javier Rúa-Jovet (ALAC): (22:31) yay!!! direct democracy !!

Eve Edelson (SF Bay ISOC chapter): (22:31) <applause!>

Maritza Aguero: (22:31) hand

Maritza Aguero: (22:32) please

Silvia Vivanco 2: (22:33) thanks Maritza!

Alberto Soto: (22:33) no, thanks

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO - ALAC Liaison to the GNSO): (22:33) So as at this date we have *finally* completed Implementation if the final remaining recomendation from the 1st!!! ALAC Review...

Silvia Vivanco 2: (22:34) we will look into this concern

Vanda Scartezini: (22:34) kkkkk

Javier Rúa-Jovet (ALAC): (22:34) rightttttt

Abdulkarim Oloyede: (22:34) I am an individual AFRALO member but i do not understand the concept of observer

Eve Edelson (SF Bay ISOC chapter): (22:35) Abdulkarim neither do I

Javier Rúa-Jovet (ALAC): (22:35) I’m in there...

Alberto Soto: (22:35) Me too

Heidi Ullrich: (22:36) Total of 12 ALAC members.

Alberto Soto: (22:37) no,

Evin Erdogdu: (22:37) Ricardo is also a green tick mark

Javier Rúa-Jovet (ALAC): (22:37) I vote to close!

Alberto Soto: (22:38) Is Ok Alan!!

Ricardo Holmquist: (22:38) sorry, i was agreeing to close the group

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO - ALAC Liaison to the GNSO): (22:38) Yeah!!!!!

Vanda Scartezini: (22:39) congratulations to Holly

Heidi Ullrich: (22:39) Thanks to all to all the hours for the WP. Thanks to Holly for the Chairing.

Holly Raiche: (22:39) Thanks Heidi and all

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO - ALAC Liaison to the GNSO): (22:39) Even though it was at times like pulling teeth with your fingernails

Vanda Scartezini: (22:39) was a plesure to work with Holly

Holly Raiche: (22:39) Thanks Vanda

Vanda Scartezini: (22:40) very good one

Holly Raiche: (22:41) Maybe a link to the transcripts  - ?

Andrea Glandon: (22:44) Bad audio, Hadia

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO - ALAC Liaison to the GNSO): (22:44) inaudible

John Laprise: (22:45) muffled

Andrea Glandon: (22:45) May we call you?

John Laprise: (22:45) volume fine

Hadia Elminiawi: (22:45) ok so you covered everything alan

Hadia Elminiawi: (22:45) i was going to make a few comments - but nothing significant

Eve Edelson (SF Bay ISOC chapter): (22:46) Yes please, link?

Joanna Kulesza: (22:46) could we have a link to that summary please?

Heidi Ullrich: (22:46) EPDP summary: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.icann.org_news_blog_epdp-2Dteam-2Dmakes-2Dimportant-2Dprogress-2Dduring-2Dlos-2Dangeles-2Dmeeting&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=PqnmlD10aN3cxIHyiUf_hNf25P6Dsv7dJM6flBzRrBs&m=K6-90S26ZdChfDOA0eXd0g8jQfGHLIyQRloze1Tt6lg&s=M5k6stPhczCi5eL_wpwFqAnWxRe-uUTjRgixXcalIY0&e= [icann.org]

Eve Edelson (SF Bay ISOC chapter): (22:46) thx

Heidi Ullrich: (22:46) yw!

John Laprise: (22:47) rcvd in good order TY Alan

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO - ALAC Liaison to the GNSO): (22:57) Only add the Candidate ON from those who applied via the SOI/EOI's received and in completion

Andrea Glandon: (22:59) ARIWG Wiki https://community.icann.org/x/qAVpBQ

Andrea Glandon: (23:00) ARIWG Plan Development https://community.icann.org/x/GQarBQ

Andrea Glandon: (23:00) ARIWG Prioritization and Dependencies Workspace https://community.icann.org/x/EQarBQ

Andrea Glandon: (23:04) Next meeting 9 October 2018 at 19:00 UTC

Javier Rúa-Jovet (ALAC): (23:04) voluntold!    and proud!

Alan Greenberg: (23:04) @Cheryl, yes, the rules call for only those who submitted a complete EoI be added by petition, but it was suggested that some might not want it known that they applied if not selected by the BCEC, and it is easy to make that happen.

Hadia Elminiawi: (23:04) yes indeed

Vanda Scartezini: (23:04) everybody is following close what is going on I guess

Joanna Kulesza: (23:06) congrats once again guys, great work!

Barrack Otieno: (23:06) Indeed

Hadia Elminiawi: (23:06) @ alan good we are below the 5 million ( Just joking) :)

Javier Rúa-Jovet (ALAC): (23:10) Yesss

John Laprise: (23:10) olivier is clear

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO - ALAC Liaison to the GNSO): (23:13) SO do not set any expectations for this ATLAS other than re preparatory work and expectations on attendees, based on the previousl ATLAS's held which were primarily of a Capacity Building nature

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO - ALAC Liaison to the GNSO): (23:13) It is important that the Regional Leadership properly manage community expectations on this

Maritza Aguero: (23:14) + @Cheryl, as always!

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO - ALAC Liaison to the GNSO): (23:14) Thanks Maritza you know I have faith in you

Maritza Aguero: (23:15) =)

Hadia Elminiawi: (23:19) 60 to be carefully selected

John Laprise: (23:20) Apologies but i need to run to a meeting

Alan Greenberg: (23:20) I would predict that once we have metrics for ALS participation, we will see the number shrinking.

Hadia Elminiawi: (23:20) Bye John

Alan Greenberg: (23:22) The concept of looking at local participants (who will need meeting room and food (for any catered events) but not travel, hotel or per diem is worth thinking about.

Daniel Khauka Nanghaka: (23:25) This is where the impact of the metric WG will be seen clearly

Andrea Glandon: (23:25) ICANN63 Schedule https://meetings.icann.org/en/barcelona63

Gisella Gruber: (23:26) https://meetings.icann.org/en/barcelona63

Heidi Ullrich: (23:26) At-Large workspace: https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/ICANN63+-+Barcelona+Meeting+-+October+2018

Heidi Ullrich: (23:27) Saturday: https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+Meetings+-+Saturday%2C+20+October+2018

Alberto Soto: (23:27) Was information received from the assigned hotel?

Gisella Gruber: (23:28) @ Alberto - no hotel information yet but will be sent soon!

Alberto Soto: (23:28) Thanks Gisella

Gisella Gruber: (23:28) Outreach Event: https://community.icann.org/x/XgG8BQ

Daniel Khauka Nanghaka: (23:29) I like the probe method - thumbs up Olivier

Vanda Scartezini: (23:31) thanks Gisela

Hadia Elminiawi: (23:32) @Tijani - we shall all miss Seun

Vanda Scartezini: (23:32) hope so Tijani. Montreal may be hard again... hope not..

Javier Rúa-Jovet (ALAC): (23:33) GEMS!!!!    

Javier Rúa-Jovet (ALAC): (23:33) If you hate your ears come hear me drum.

Vanda Scartezini: (23:34) use to have a bus last time I have been there

Alberto Soto: (23:34) Uber???

Javier Rúa-Jovet (ALAC): (23:34) Hard Rock should start paying us.

Heidi Ullrich: (23:34) @Tijani, CT did work with Seun for his visa for Spain.

Joanna Kulesza: (23:36) re: Olivier's question: you might consider the www.AerobusBCN.com service, should be 5,90 EUROs and get you to Placa Catalunya, easily trasferring to a line going to the venue. Happy to share more details if that would be helpful.

Vanda Scartezini: (23:36) there are buses from airport to downtown and probably less expensive to get a taxi to convention center from there

Alexis Anteliz / VE: (23:36) Commentary: There is an excellent metro service from the airport itself, it is less expensive, and as @Vanda says the bus service is available 24 hours a day

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond: (23:37) better to use the metro than drive across Barcelona

Alexis Anteliz / VE: (23:38) There is also the service offered by the tram

Holly Raiche: (23:40) Directions on the metro service would be REALLY appreciated - such as do we ned local currency (I assume so), how do we use it from the airport  and - taking up Alan's point - it would be nice to know who arrives when so we can travel togethe when possible

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO - ALAC Liaison to GNSO): (23:40) Not a choice for all of us OCL

Javier Rúa-Jovet (ALAC): (23:40) is there uber at airport in Barça

Alexis Anteliz / VE: (23:40) Comment: Although I will not be in person, I will accompany you remotely, I think it is very opportune to take advantage of the exceptional osasión of the 20 years of ICANN for the external diffusion

Javier Rúa-Jovet (ALAC): (23:41) te esperamos, Alexis!

Daniel Khauka Nanghaka: (23:41) There is a bus

Daniel Khauka Nanghaka: (23:41) There is a bus https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.aerobusbcn.com_en_timetable&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=PqnmlD10aN3cxIHyiUf_hNf25P6Dsv7dJM6flBzRrBs&m=K6-90S26ZdChfDOA0eXd0g8jQfGHLIyQRloze1Tt6lg&s=ZtE8qkIKuGkMSwvgHRZZPHvOrJCQBi5g9ghxIcsY0mA&e=

Alan Greenberg: (23:42) Regarding Uber, from the ICANN web site: Uber and Cabify legally operate and are currently available in Barcelona. However, both operators recently have temporarily suspended service due to unrest with local taxi drivers. Due to the uncertainty of the situation, proceed with caution and avoid potential conflicts by utilizing authorized taxis or other public transportation.

Joanna Kulesza: (23:42) is there a chance to get hold of the pdf that's being broadcast now?

Gisella Gruber: (23:43) @ Javier, @ All - re Uber:

Gisella Gruber: (23:43) Ride-Share Services:Uber and Cabify legally operate and are currently available in Barcelona. However, both operators recently have temporarily suspended service due to unrest with local taxi drivers. Due to the uncertainty of the situation, proceed with caution and avoid potential conflicts by utilizing authorized taxis or other public transportation.

Alan Greenberg: (23:43) Joanna, it is on the wiki

Alberto Soto: (23:44) Uber = Euros 38  -  45 Airport to Centro de Convenciones

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO - ALAC Liaison to GNSO): (23:44) I did not think Uber operated there Alberto???

Javier Rúa-Jovet (ALAC): (23:44) thx for Über info @alan & @gisella

Vanda Scartezini: (23:44) not so bad especially if we share

Heidi Ullrich: (23:44) At-Large Leadership Development Session: https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+Leadership+Development+Session

Javier Rúa-Jovet (ALAC): (23:45) Thanks @Alan for all your work as Chair. I’m proud to have come into ALAC during your watch. Have learned a great deal from you.  See you in Barcelona.

Alberto Soto: (23:45) I consulted and they told me that despite the problems, it is operating, but it is expensive, I prefer the bus...

Vanda Scartezini: (23:46) yes the bus take us to center of the city, but mayb e taxi can be less expensive from there to the convention center

Heidi Ullrich: (23:47) ALAC Questions: https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+ICANN63+Board+Questions+Workspace

Ricardo Holmquist: (23:47) Depending the hour, best option is Train then Metro, or Bus-Metro

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO - ALAC Liaison to GNSO): (23:47) Thanks for checking then Alberto

Ricardo Holmquist: (23:47) Uber is working there, also cabify

Alexis Anteliz / VE: (23:48) Question: It is possible to know more in detail the "plan of activities" has 75 minutes, it is possible to know some previously. Thank you

Ricardo Holmquist: (23:48) public transport is about an hour, about 10 euros, depending the combinations

Javier Rúa-Jovet (ALAC): (23:50) Agreed

Gisella Gruber: (23:50) @ All - PUBLIC TRANSPORT: please see the Convention Centre site: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.aerobusbcn.com_en_ccib&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=PqnmlD10aN3cxIHyiUf_hNf25P6Dsv7dJM6flBzRrBs&m=K6-90S26ZdChfDOA0eXd0g8jQfGHLIyQRloze1Tt6lg&s=jvP7BcUEnZ4HqK8gaq5UmbSLQ8pSFpqmrx9GwniSdnc&e=

Holly Raiche: (23:50) Agree with Alan

Alexis Anteliz / VE: (23:51) Comment: Another alternative of transport less expensive, healthy and ecological, are bicycles for rent with special rates depending on the time, can be rented for the week of the meeting.

Maureen Hilyard: (23:51) @Alan That's what I was going to say..

Daniel Khauka Nanghaka: (23:51) All should be prioritized

Heidi Ullrich: (23:52) Thanks, Alan. I will note those priorities in brief to the ALAC

Heidi Ullrich: (23:52) to the Board

Maureen Hilyard: (23:52) We've got other things to talk about..

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond: (23:52) I cannot take another sarcastic remark from a board member that At-Large only knows how to spend ICANN money.

Maureen Hilyard: (23:52) Horrid person!!

Javier Rúa-Jovet (ALAC): (23:53) +1 @OCL

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO - ALAC Liaison to GNSO): (23:53) We all hear you OCL

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO - ALAC Liaison to GNSO): (23:53) We all hear you OCL

Vanda Scartezini: (23:55) good question... but i beleive any solution will be found

Javier Rúa-Jovet (ALAC): (23:55) We could all band together and demand fair wages with Board + CEO!!!

Holly Raiche: (23:55) Thank you Alan

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO - ALAC Liaison to GNSO): (23:55) Javier ;-)

Vanda Scartezini: (23:56) yeah   we willc ertainly missi you ALAN chairing ALAC!!!

Maureen Hilyard: (23:56) LOL Javier..

Daniel Khauka Nanghaka: (23:56) I faced similar challenges

Daniel Khauka Nanghaka: (23:56) I had to refresh my adobe connect

Leah Symekher: (23:56) Alan Greenberg..You Have been AWESOME!!  Thank you so much I learned alot from yoyr leadership :-).

Vanda Scartezini: (23:56) lets applause ALAN before the meeting is done!

Kaili Kan: (23:56) Thank you Alan for years as chair of our meetings!

Javier Rúa-Jovet (ALAC): (23:56) +1 Leah!

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO - ALAC Liaison to GNSO): (23:57) OCL :-)

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO - ALAC Liaison to GNSO): (23:57) LOL  AG

Javier Rúa-Jovet (ALAC): (23:57) applauseeeeeeeee

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO - ALAC Liaison to GNSO): (23:57) OCL never learned that ;-)

Maureen Hilyard: (23:57) You didn't learn a thing OCL..

Vanda Scartezini: (23:57) APLAUSEE EEE

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO - ALAC Liaison to GNSO): (23:57)   Well Said OCL

Barrack Otieno: (23:57) +1 Kaili

Vanda Scartezini: (23:58) will miss you ALAN

Javier Rúa-Jovet (ALAC): (23:58) hahahah

Maureen Hilyard: (23:58) Thank you and totally agree OCL..

Javier Rúa-Jovet (ALAC): (23:58) Alan till the end!!

Vanda Scartezini: (23:59) kisses to all and will see everyone in Barcelona  and will continue to learn with Maureen

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO - ALAC Liaison to GNSO): (23:59) THANKS  Alan  **hug***

Javier Rúa-Jovet (ALAC): (23:59) run for Canada prime minister!!

Heidi Ullrich: (23:59) See you in Barcelona!

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond: (23:59) with 1 minute to spare!!!!

Vanda Scartezini: (23:59) lots of kisses ALAN

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond: (23:59) I am so jealous!

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO - ALAC Liaison to GNSO): (23:59) Safe Travels to all doing so....

Hadia Elminiawi: (23:59) bye thank you alan

Daniel Khauka Nanghaka: (23:59) Safe travels

Javier Rúa-Jovet (ALAC): (23:59) ciao

Barrack Otieno: (23:59) Thank you, safe travels everyone!bye

Hadia Elminiawi: (23:59) and all

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO - ALAC Liaison to GNSO): (23:59) Bye

Daniel Khauka Nanghaka: (23:59) Bye everyone

Alexis Anteliz / VE: (23:59) Alan, thank you very much for your amazing contributions, patience and guidance. regards

Joanna Kulesza: (23:59) thnx, bye

Maureen Hilyard: (10/3/2018 00:00) Travel safely to Barcelona everyone

Alberto Soto: (00:00) Geaacias Alan!!

Gabriel Bombambo: (00:00) bye everyone

Alexis Anteliz / VE: (00:00) Bye Bye

• No labels