09 January 2020

31 January 2020

04 February 2020

07 February 2020

04 February 2020

AL-ALAC-ST-0220-01-01-EN

Hide the information below, please click here 

FINAL VERSION SUBMITTED (IF RATIFIED)

The final version to be submitted, if the draft is ratified, will be placed here by upon completion of the vote. 

FINAL DRAFT VERSION TO BE VOTED UPON BY THE ALAC

The final draft version to be voted upon by the ALAC will be placed here before the vote is to begin.

DRAFT SUBMITTED FOR DISCUSSION

The first draft submitted will be placed here before the call for comments begins. The Draft should be preceded by the name of the person submitting the draft and the date/time. If, during the discussion, the draft is revised, the older version(S) should be left in place and the new version along with a header line identifying the drafter and date/time should be placed above the older version(s), separated by a Horizontal Rule (available + Insert More Content control).

7 Comments

1. I think its a good idea that the dates are planned far ahead However, I believe the March meetings for 2024-2027 would clash with the Ramadan (Fasting) period from experience, it is always difficult for people fasting to get engaged in other activities during this period and travelling would be more difficult. It is difficult to make a suggestion on the way forward as Ramadan period is for 1 month but am happy to join the drafting team.

2. Thank you Abdulkarim for noting this. However Ramadan does not clash with the March meetings of 2024 and 2027. It clashes with the meeting of March 2025, where Ramadan is from 28th of February till the 29th of March and with the meeting of March 2026 where Ramadan is from 18th of February to 19th of March.

3. Thank You Hadia for pointing it out I was using a wrong calendar for 2024 and 2027, Yes its 2005 and 2026.

Thanks  

4. Thank you .  I will definitely include it.  I looked at the calendar for October but did not look at the Ramadan calendar for the March Meeting. Will definitely take that into account

5. As for the Jewish Holiday, while most are not fast days, they are days where people are praying in synagogues as the focus of prayer is communal rather then private.

6. For 2025- Ramadan is the full month of March so shifting the schedule by 1-2 weeks will not help. Only solution is end of February.

for 2026 the problem is that Ramadan ends on March 19 but if we move the ICANN meeting to March 20-25 it is less than 1 week before Passover and Easter/Good Friday

7. I'm happy to note that the proposed dates of the June Policy Fora 2024-2018 do take into account the ALAC suggestion made for the meeting schedule of the previous couple years, namely to avoid clashes with Midsummer which is an important event in parts of Northern Europe.