NARALO Toronto Events

Wednesday 26 September 2012

Summary Minutes and Action Items

Heidi: Certificates

She asked for clarification for the certificates.

Qualifications for the certificates.  There are 2 types of certificates : One to all NARALO participants.

Second is those OCL will be handing out achievement awards. Are these to all of the Ralos chairs? or Ralo leaders ? current or past?

OCL suggested to recognize those peple who started the Ralo and it will be an excellent time for them. Asked staff if we have the records. But you can have something for ech of the Ralo leaders that.

2 list that we are discussing one he is discussing.

1) RALO Ahievement awards (all Ralos)

2) Completion of the capacity building sessions.

- Capacity building sessions we are working on the details of this and we are not going to cover each of the details. I have put a number of new actions and suggestions and ideas are welcome.

What type of new members should we be targeting for recruitment?

Simple terms which can be translated into EN-SP-FR and perhaps we can put the words to catch people's attention and we can develop a NARALO Esperanto.

NARALO includes Bermuda and we do not have any members from Bermuda. If anybody has any questions.and in general we want to expand within th US and Canada.

Speeding up ALS membership.  There is a link how do we get involved, and then a new page, and a new page and then the application, that is too many clicks and we need a plain location. We may want to take the booton that we will be handing out and people can go directly to the application.

Ways of simplifying the application, which now is a word doc and we need to make it an online document and now is too long. We can use a form at the meeting itself and then later on complete the application. We should make it easier for the applicants.

One idea is the "probationary applicant" so we can start engaging them inmediately.

This is an idea that I want to put out there, I think it is a good idea

There are 2 potential new applicants, and I want to make full disclousure that they are guinea pigs.

Media: Streamloining the web interface, getting a facebook and twiter accounts and I want to ask people about having a Facebook and Twitter account.

Is Guam part of NARALO? Guam as territory of the US would be under the US.

Clarification on the status of Bermuda

Evan says that territories that are not independent are part of the country.

Outreach cpacity building

Future challenches WR R3 and Registrants ights and responsibilities

OCL: On tweitter and Facebook. Take part on ALAC WG and we also need to have these and this is a 2 way thing. This is the Technology task force.

Gordon:

The task force has a generalized strategy and this is ongoing in the taskfoce.

Garth

Secretariat meeting and Consumer

We should use yellow along wirh the pins and only the NARALO members and peoplehelping wear yellow.

ICANN Information booth

I broke it down in steps:

What we are ,What we do,Who we are

Joining specifics and I have broken it down in 4 parts

Garth solicited volunteers to work on the sessions

I will reach out to Eduardo

Item 3

Update on Promotional Items

Re-Printed Banner: It should be repriented today

Invitation post cards

Meeting guide text

Brochures- the missing ones were located

Planning and logistics

Staff-New info

There are 5,600 to be used.

Garth: Sent the request to staff to talk to Dana and ISOC CO, if staff has received the name yet? Not yet

Robert Bruen and Dana- Not sure if they were contacted

Question about perdiem- when the money will be deposited into his account

within 2 weeks from start of the conference

Mailing list created

Update of ALS list - Garth found inconsistencies.

How do people feel about listing unaffiliated members ? Just in the list have one item Unaffiliated members

Evan_ He would leave it to the individual members but because this is an unusual situation. we have not really dfeined it and this has to be discussed at another call, Alan would be the appropriate person.

Heidi: This has been studied by ICANN legal and this has been analyzed before and this is a way to perform some outreach.

The whole issue of individual ALS needs to be dealt with. As of now there is no a formal application process and express the opinion to the person who can cast the vote on behalf of individual members.

Alan is recognized under NARALO as individual members.

Reaching out to consumer reports

Evan may know some people

Extra funds can they be repurposed? For ex sending a NARALO representaive to a different conference to engage new members.

Heidi: Can look into. I would say that it would go into ICANN's budget.

Glenn: Can we look into the use, such as an Strategic fund for reaching out to other  events.

Does it mean that this would go into general funds for ICANN?

We should consider using the money for other purposes.

Evan : 2 conferences.

AI: Heidi to follow up on the use of unspent funds. Can they be used for other purposes such as reaching out to other new potentail ALS?

Garth will send specific instructions for people to follow up

ICANN Village table

Heidi you are welcome to bring promotional items to the information booth

There will be an information Platfom and the group is going to be sharing the information group with NARALO and this will be a good blending of activities

Garth: Personally he will be reaching to all of the Ralo members and that he can use the time at the Secretariat meeting.

Next week, next time.

One hour later is possible.

2000 UTC

• No labels