Monthly LACRALO Teleconference
Date: 28 April 2011
Time: 21:00 UTC - 22:30 UTC (for the time in various timezones click here)
Meeting Number: AL.LAC/MT.0411/1
Who is on the dial-out list for this call?
Action Items: EN
Summary Minutes: EN
Interpretation: EN and ES
Adobe Connect Meeting Room: http://icann.adobeconnect.com/lacralo2011/
English: Jessel Ackbarali, Lance HInds, Olivier Crepin-Leblond, Dev Anand Teelucksingh, Cintra Sooknanan
Spanish: Carlos Vera, Aislan Vargas, Wladimir Davlos, Natalia Enciso, Maria Eugenia Mendez, Jose Ovidio Salgueiro, Jose Luis Barzallo
Apologies: Sergio Salinas Porto, Johnny Laureano, Jose Arce, Gladys Farina
Staff: Seth Greene, Matt Ashtiani, Gisella Gruber
A G E N D A (English)
Agenda is in draft form until adopted by the meeting. Some agenda items have documents attached to it. If available, the document is next to the agenda item. Please do not insert text next to agenda items. The agenda will be easier to read without explanatory text attached. If you would like to add text, please create a new page and link it to the agenda item.
LACRALO AGENDA: 28 APRIL 2011
1. Roll Call – Staff (2 mins)
2. Review of Action Items -- Dev T (5 min)
Following are AIs from 14 March 2011 (SF) LACRALO and 05 April Spanish (LA ALS) meetings; no AIs from 06 April English (CB ALS) meeting.
a) Dev to add more persons to the new email list for further testing of the new translation engine – Completed
b) Dev to post modifications regarding participation to Bylaw WG for consideration -- Completed
c) Fatima, Sergio, Jose Arce to review SWOT C by close of business on Friday, 8 April.
d) Dev to post issues out of comment (Geographic Regions WG discussion, PEDNR) in time for next LACRALO call – Completed
Proposed Agenda Items
3. Open Public Consultations -- Dev T (10 min)
- Open Public Consultations
- At-Large Policy Advice Development Schedule
- At-Large Policy Development wiki page
Public Consultations on which ALAC is preparing statements or voting:
- ALAC Statement on Post-Expiration Domain Name Recovery Working Group Proposed Final Report
- ALAC Statement on the WHOIS Review Team
- ALAC Statement on the Stability, Security and Resilience of the DNS Review Team
4. Report from LACRALO's ALAC representatives -- Carlton, Sergio, Sylvia (10 min)
Recently submitted ALAC statements:
- ALAC Statement on the Proposed Framework for the FY12 Operating Plan and Budget
- ALAC Statement on the Draft Proposal for the Study of Issues Related to the Delegation of IDN Variant TLDs
- ALAC Statement on the Inter Registrar Transfer Policy Part B Working Group Proposed Final Report
- Draft Response to 2011 GAC gTLD Scorecard
- ALAC Statement on Proposed PDP Policy
- ALAC Response to NTIA Notice of Inquiry
- ALAC Statement on the Proposed Recommendation for a Global Outreach Program
5. LACRALO election update -- Dev T (10 min)
6. Proposed Participation Clause in LACRALO Bylaws – Dev T (10 min)
7. ExCom request for feedback re LACRALO’s communications needs by 6 May -- Olivier (5 min)
- Determine communication needs (podcasts, etc.). Examples: See ICANN's E-Learning page.
- Determine LACRALO's interest in and capacity to collaborate with ICANN Communications. Examples: Assigning members for podcast interviews, etc.
- AI: Add feedback for ExCom to RALO Feedback on Communication Needs wiki page by 6 May.