This workspace has been established to allow each RALO to communicate to the ExCom its feedback on the following action item, established by the ExCom on 14 April 2011:
Each RALO to:
- Determine its current communication needs (examples include podcasts, Internet and hard-copy materials, etc.);
- Evaluate its ability/capacity and interest, at present, in directly collaborating with ICANN Communications on creating the needed communication materials (for example, providing RALO members to be interviewed for podcasts, providing draft text, etc.); and
- Offer feedback on these topics to the ExCom by 6 May.
Please note that the deadline for completing this AI is 6 May 2011.
Each RALO should enter its feedback below.
AFRALO feedback to the ExCom
Promotional and outreach materials are of utmost importance specially in the African Region. We would like ICANN to provide us with the following:
- We would like ICANN to send us promotional material in the MMS format so that we can use same to send to all our contacts through mobile phones. Remember that the penetration of mobile phones and mobile Internet are much higher than fixed line Internet.
- We would like to have promotional materials to target specific groups like University Students and Consumer Organisations
- Materials in both hard copy and soft copy
- Pamphlets and flyers
- Pen Drives
- Video Materials so that we can broadcast in our regions
- Banners so that we can use in local events
Fatimata Seye Sylla:
1. The map of AFRICA should be on our wiki page with the countries represented in AFRALO by ALSes marked
2. On the e-learning page "What topic would you like to learn more about?", add "other topic" choice
Tijani BEN JEMAA:
1. AFRALO brochure should be updated and printed in the 3 languages (English, French and Arabic) before the 42nd ICANN meeting in Dakar
2. Podcasts seem to me to be a great mean of outreach and even in-reach. AFRALO members are ready to contribute by interviews on actual items.
3. Promotional ICANN media vehicule (pins for example) would be helpful during the international foras such as IGF, WSIS Forum, etc.
APRALO feedback to the ExCom
EURALO feedback to the ExCom
LACRALO feedback to the ExCom
NARALO feedback to the ExCom
- The communication stream from ICANN has drastically improved.
- NARALO has no specific suggestions in this regard. We recognize that the communication stream from ICANN has drastically improved in the last few years. We will start to work on possible ideas for podcasts within our region and forward same to ICANN.
- Possible podcast we'd like to consider, among others: "ICANN 101" types of educational projects, previously suggested by Eric Brunner-Williams. Eric is a huge bank of knowledge with his background.