Date: Monday, 20 January 2020
Time: 23:00 UTC (for the time in various time zones click here)
Meeting Number: AL.LAC/MT.0120/1
English Conference ID = 1638
Spanish Conference ID = 1738
Portuguese Conference ID = 5393
French Conference ID = 1838
Zoom Room: https://icann.zoom.us/j/305533828
Zoom Chat Transcript:
ES: Sergio Salinas Porto, Harold Arcos, Maritza Aguero, Lilian Ivette De Luque Bruges, Carlos Gutierrerz, Vrikson Acosta, Cristian Casas, Adrian Carballo, Lito Ibarra, Vanda Scartezini, Alejandro Piscanty, Anahi Menendez-Ruiz, Gilberto Lara, Jose Arce, Carlos Leal, Abdias Zambrano, Humberto Carrasco, Marcelo Rodriguez, Sylvia Herlein Leite,
EN: Rudi Daniel, Kerry Kerr, Carlton Samuels, Bernard Turcotte,
FR: Betty Fausta
Apologies: Dev Anand Teelucksingh, Alberto Soto, Antonio Medina Gomez, Tracy Hackshaw
Staff: Silvia Vivanco
ES: Marina and Paula
PT: Jacques and Claire
FR: Esperanza and Bettina
Call Management: Claudia Ruiz
AGENDA ES .
1. Roll Call - Staff (2 minutos)
2. Bienvenida - Sergio Salinas (1 minuto)
3. Aprobación de la Agenda - Harold Arcos (2 minutos)
4. Reportes WG Comunicaciones – Lilian De Luque (6 minutos)
5. Reporte Capacidades - Adrián Carballo (6 minutos)
6. Reporte IDN – Multilingüismo - UA – Sylvia Herlein (6 minutos)
7. Conversación Regional: ATRT3 <workspace> (Análisis, Puntos de Vista, Aspectos más relevantes) Presentación – Vanda Scartezini (10 minutos)
8. Conversación Regional: ALAC Members (Análisis, Puntos de Vista, Aspectos más relevantes) – Humberto Carrasco, Sylvia Herlein, Carlos R. Gutiérrez (12 minutos)
9. Actualización de procesos en curso del Directorio LACRALO - Sergio Salinas
10. Otros Temas de Interés – AOB
AGENDA EN .
1. Roll Call - Staff (2 minutes)
2. Welcome - Sergio Salinas (1 minute)
3. Approval of the Agenda - Harold Arcos (2 minutes)
4. WG Communications Reports - Lilian De Luque (6 minutes)
5. Capabilities Report - Adrián Carballo (6 minutes)
6. IDN Report - Multilingualism - UA - Sylvia Herlein (6 minutes)
7. Regional Conversation: ATRT3 <workspace> (Analysis, Points of View, Most Relevant Aspects) Presentation - Vanda Scartezini (10 minutes)
8. Regional Conversation: ALAC Members (Analysis, Points of View, Most Relevant Aspects) - Humberto Carrasco, Sylvia Herlein, Carlos R. Gutiérrez (12 minutes)
9. Update on current process of the LACRALO Directory - Sergio Salinas
10. Other Topics of Interest - AOB
ACTUALIZACIONES DE COMENTARIOS SOBRE POLÍTICAS / POLICY COMMENT UPDATES
Asısta a la llamada del Grupo de Trabajo de At-Large de Politicas Consolidadas (CPWG), todos los miércoles con interpretación en ES.
At-Large Policy Resources
At-Large Capacity Building Workshop - An Introduction to Policy Development at ICANN
2019 ALAC Policy Comments & Advice
At-Large Policy Summary
At-Large Executive Summary page
Multistakeholder Advice Development graphic
Recently Ratified by the ALAC (Since last LACRALO Monthly Meeting)
ALAC Advice to ICANN Board on DNS Abuse (submitted to the ICANN Board on 24 December 2019)
Implementation Plan for the GNSO Consensus Policy Relating to the Protection of Certain Red Cross Names
As a worldwide internationally recognized humanitarian aid organization, and one that has been regularly the target of those seeking to fraudulently extract donations, the ALAC believes that the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (incorporating National Red Cross or Red Crescent Societies, and the International Committee of the Red Cross) should be given the benefit of protection to its various identifiers, designations and/or acronyms as intended by the policy changes proposed for implementation in the said updated consensus policy. This includes the proposed action to recognize changes to the official names of the Red Cross Society entities, including component names, in Eswatini and Macedonia, respectively, an action we view as necessary.
Registration Directory Service (RDS-WHOIS2) Review Team Final Report
The ALAC finds the report to include very useful information that should be used to guide the development of relevant policies, and appreciates the team's effort and supports the provided recommendations.
The ALAC highlights the importance of the recommendations related to the accuracy of data, and it strongly advises its acceptance by the ICANN Board. In light of the GDPR, the ALAC noted the importance of several other recommendations in the WHOIS Report encouraging a more proactive position of contractual compliance, especially in regards to DNS Abuse, as well as the team's findings with regard to law enforcement needs.
DRAFT PTI and IANA FY21 Operating Plan and Budgets
The ALAC noted that the proposed PTI and IANA FY21 Operating Plan and Budgets are aligned with the ICANN Strategic Plan, and are also very similar to previous years' budgets. An adjustment in the PTI budget is noticeable, including adjustments in salaries, services and other administrative cross-charges from ICANN to PTI or IANA.
However, the ALAC pointed out that a change is in process in the Governance of the Root Server System, these changes are not reflected in the proposed PTI and IANA FY21 Operating Plan and Budgets. The ALAC asked several exploratory questions in their response.
Además, se dio retroalimentación informal de ALAC con respecto a:
- ALAC Chair's Letter to SubPro PDP WG Co-Chairs (16 December 2019) calling for scope of upcoming public comment call to cover all draft final recommendations. See Letter from the Co-Chairs of the New gTLDs Subsequent Procedures PDP WG, in response to ALAC (03 January 2019)
- GNSO Invitation to Provide Input for PDP 3.0 Implementation
Proposed Amendment 3 to the .COM Registry Agreement 14 February 2020
Nombre del Comentario Público
Comentarios del Público Cerrar
|Proposed Dates for ICANN Public Meetings 2024-2028 and Revised Dates in 2022|
|Proposed Final Report of the New gTLD Auction Proceeds Cross Community Working Group|
Marita Moll (contributing to Multistakeholder portion of the Public Comment)
- Consulte un espacio de trabajo en curso sobre las actualizaciones de CPWG SubPro.