Date: Tuesday 21 May 2013
Time: 18:00 - 19:00 UTC For the time in various timezones click here
Meeting Number: AL.EU/CC.0513/1
How can I participate in this meeting?
Adobe room: http://icann.adobeconnect.com/euralo
Wolf Ludwig (WL), Oksana Prykhodko
(OP), Olivier Crepin-Leblond (OCL), Roberto Gaetano (RG), Narine Khachatryan (NK), Dick Kalkman (DK), Sebastien Bachollet (SB), Siranush Vardanyan (SV), Christopher Wilkinson (CW), Rudi Vansnick (RV), Sandra Hoferichter (SH),
Apologies: Bill Drake, Yrjö Länsipuro, Jordi Iparraguirre, Adela Danciu, Yuliya Morenets
Staff: Silvia Vivanco (SV), Gisella Gruber (GG)
Call management: Gisella Gruber
Action Items: EURALO Action Items 21 May 2013
Transcript: EURALO Transcript 21 May 2013
Adobe Connect Chat: EURALO AC Chat 21 May 2013
Adobe Connect Chatroom: http://icann.adobeconnect.com/euralo
1. Roll Call and apologies
2. Review of the Action Items from the April call.
3. Briefing on current ALAC consultations and initiatives / Materials for public comments - Olivier (15 min.)
Policy Advice Development Page – Olivier (15 minutes)
See: ICANN Public Comment page
a. Recently adopted ALAC Statements, Documents or Groups:
n/a - there have been no adopted statements since the last ExCom meeting
b. Statements or Endorsements currently being developed, reviewed or voted on by the ALAC
- FY14 Draft Operating Plan and Budget – Tijani Ben Jemaa drafting a Statement.
- At-Large ALAC Statement to the Board Regarding Security and Stability Implications of New gTLDs – ALAC commenting on the drafted Statement
- Proposed Final New gTLD Registry Agreement – Alan Greenberg to confirm is a Statement is necessary
- New gTLD Board Committee Consideration of GAC Safeguard Advice – Alan Greenberg and Olivier Crepin-Leblond to draft a Statement
- Proposed Final 2013 RAA – ALAC commenting on the drafted a Statement
- Trademark Clearinghouse and IDN Variants – ALAC voting on the drafted Statement
- Questions to the Community on Accountability and Transparency within ICANN – ALAC considering drafting a Statement
- Statement on WCIT Outcomes – ALAC drafting a Statement
c. Currently Open Public Comments
- Whois Information Status Policy – No Statement. Comment close date: 31 May 2013 - 23:59 UTC. Reply close date: 24 June 2013 - 23:59 UTC
- Proposed Modification of GNSO Operating Procedures Concerning the Deadline for the Submission of Reports and Motions – No Statement. Comment close date: 23 May 2013 - 23:59 UTC. Reply close date: 14 June 2013 - 23:59 UTC
4. EURALO members nominations for ATLAS 2 Sub-WGs (5 min.)
5. Pending affair: EURALO's Ind. ALS - Wolf (5 min.)
6. Update on the ICANN Academy - Sandra (5 min.)
7. Briefing on the EuroDIG 2013 preparation process - Sandra and all (5 min.)
8. EURALO planning 2013 -- draft master plan and discussion - Wolf and all (20 min)
- Status of Lisbon GA org. for 19 June 2013? (see draft master plan)
- Status of member registrations (EURALO ALSes Representatives to the 2013 GA)
- Preliminary Budget Estimation.
- Further practical procedures (flight arrangements by ICANN CT etc.), hotel bookings
- Draft GA Agenda – the content part besides regular formalities and reelections. Call for items sent 13 March!
- Draft Board report 2012-13 (circulated via the list)
- Outreach cocktail party
- Open questions?
See: EURALO Regional Events page
See: EURALO Secretariat Monthly Reports
9. EURALO Officers Elections
The EURALO regional officer selections will be held at the upcoming GA.
Proposed schedule, Draft Election Timetable (TBC)
1. Nominations Open: 27 May 2. Nominations Close: 14 June
2. Nomination Acceptance:
Deadline: On or before 18 June
3. RALO selection: Between 18-19 June
2013 (this may include a vote if desired)
4. Result Announced: June 19
10. Any other Business - All (5 min.)