Date: Wednesday 20 February 2013
Time: 19:00 - 20:00 UTC For the time in various timezones click here
Meeting Number: AL.EU/CC.0213/1
Adobe room: http://icann.adobeconnect.com/euralo
Wolf Ludwig (WL), Siranush Vardanyan (SV), Narine Khachatryan (NK), Sebastien Bachollet (SB), Olivier Crepin-Leblond (OCL), Dirk Kalkman (DK), Greta Philine Jeske (GPJ - dotHIV), Oksana Prykhodko (OP), Yuliya Morenets (YM), Jordi Iparraguirre (JI - isoc.cat), Avri Doria (AD), Sandra Hoferichter (SH), Roberto Gaetano (RG), Bill Drake (BD), Lutz Donnerhacke (LD)
Apologies: Manuel Schneider, Yrjo Lansipuro, Adela Danciu, Christopher Wilkinson
Staff: Silvia Vivanco (SV), Gisella Gruber (GG), Heidi Ullrich (HU)
Adobe Connect Chat:
Adobe Connect Chatroom: http://icann.adobeconnect.com/euralo
1. Roll Call and apologies
2. Review of the Action Items from the EURALO 2013-01-22 meeting.
3. Briefing on current ALAC consultations and initiatives / Materials for public comments (OCL 15 min.)
Policy Advice Development Page --Olivier (20 minutes)
a. Recently adopted ALAC Statements, Documents or Groups:
ii. Thick Whois PDP WG - Adopted 14Y, 0N 0A
iii. At-Large IDN Variant TLD Program – Procedure to Develop and Maintain the Label Generation Rules for the Root Zone in Respect of IDNA Labels – Second Public Comment Draft Workspace - Adopted 13Y, 0N, 0A
ii. Consultation on ccTLD Delegation and Redelegation Performance Standards and Consultation on gTLD Delegation and Redelegation Performance Standards – ALAC drafting a single Statement for both PCs. Comment period closes 28 February 2013. Reply period closes 21 March 2013.
iii. Report of the GNSO WG on Consumer Trust, Consumer Choice, and Competition – Olivier Crepin-Leblond to send the letter to Steve Crocker as Correspondence.
c. Currently Open Public Comments
i. Consultation on IANA Secure Notification Process - No Statement - Comment period extended to 28 February 2013. Reply period extended to 21 March 2013.
ii. IDN Variant TLD Program -- Draft Final Report Examining the User Experience Implications of Active Variant TLDs - No Statement - Comment period closed 8 February 2013. Reply period closes 1 March 2013.
iii. Policy vs. Implementation - No Statement - Comment period closes 21 February 2013. Reply period closes 14 March 2013.
iv. Interim Report IDN ccNSO Policy Development Process - ALAC considering drafting a Statement - Comment period closes 26 February 2013. Reply period closes 21 March 2013.
v. Revised New gTLD Registry Agreement Including Additional Public Interest Commitments Specification - Avri Doria to confirm if a Statement is necessary. - Comment period closes 26 February 2013. Reply period closes 20 March 2013.
vi. Whois Registrant Identification Study, Draft Report - Carlton Samuels to confirm if a Statement is necessary. - Comment period closes 9 March 2013. Reply period not yet listed.
4. Suffrage – as recently discussed on the ALAC list (10 min. / as suggested by Avri)
See: Suffrage document
5. Briefing on the EuroDIG 2013 preparation process (5 min. / Sandra and all)
6. Update on the ICANN Academy follow-up and Survey (3 min. / Sandra)
7. EURALO planning 2013 -- draft master plan and discussion (20 min. / Wolf and all)
- Status of Lisbon GA org. for 19 June 2013? (see draft master plan)
- Status of member registrations (please insert Wiki link EURALO ALSes Representatives to the 2013 GA)
- Preliminary Budget Estimation. (please insert final budget estimate version 6 from 14 February)
- Further practical procedures (flight arrangements by ICANN CT etc.)
- Draft GA Agenda – the content part besides regular formalities and reelections. Call for items to be discussed?
- Outreach cocktail party
- Open questions?