EURALO August 2012 Teleconference
Date: Tuesday 21 August 2012
Time: 18:00 - 19:00 UTC For the time in various timezones click here
Meeting Number: AL.EU/CC.0812/1
Adobe room: http://icann.adobeconnect.com/euralo
Participants: Wolf Ludwig (WL), Siranush Vardanyan (SV), Oksana Prykhodko (OP), Adela Danciu (AD), Sandra Hoferichter (SH), Rudi Vansnick (RV), Narine Khachatryan (NK), Yrjo Lansipuro (YL), Olivier Crepin-Leblond (OCL), Christopher Wilkinson (CW)
Apologies: Bill Drake, Sebastien Bachollet, Heidi Ullrich, Yuliya Morenets
Staff: Silvia Vivanco (SV), Gisella Gruber (GG), Matt Ashtiani (MA)
Adobe Connect Chat:
Adobe Connect Chatroom: http://icann.adobeconnect.com/euralo
1. Roll Call and apologies
2. Review of the Action Items from the 17 July 2012 call (2 mins)
3. Briefing on current ALAC consultations and initiatives / Materials for public comments (OCL 15 min.)
a. Recently approved ALAC Statements, Documents or Groups:
ii. Inter-Registrar Transfer Policy Part C Policy Development Process Initial Report - Vote closed 24 July
iii. IDN Prioritization in the New gTLD Program Targeted at the ICANN Board - Adopted and sent to the Board
iv. ALAC Statement Endorsing the IPC's Statement on the .com Renewal and Thick Whois - Sent to IPC Chair Steve Metalitz
v. Request for Community Input on Formulation of 2013-2016 Strategic Plan - Submitted. Vote closing soon.
vi. Security, Stability and Resiliency of the DNS Review Team (SSR RT) Final Report - Adopted and submitted.
b. Statements currently being voted on or reviewed by the ALAC
i. Request for Community Input on SAC054 - Domain Name Registration Data Model - Comments requested through 23 August.
vi.ALAC Reply to Comments on the Draft Statements of ICANN's Role and Remit in Security, Stability, and Resiliency of the Internet's Unique Identifier System - Reply Period Close Date 31 August 2012.
c. Current open policy forums:
i. Proposed Modifications to GNSO Operating Procedures - No Statement is to be produced. PC Comment Period closes 30 July; Reply Period closes 20 August
ii. .name Registry Agreement Renewal - No Statement is to be produced. Period closes 2 August; Reply Period closes 23 August
iii. Locking of a Domain Name Subject to UDRP Proceedings - Comment Period closes 15 August. Reply Period extended 24 September.
iv. Preliminary Issue Report on Uniformity of Contracts to Address Registration Abuse - Comment Period closes 15 August. Reply Period closes 5 September. AG has indicated that the ALAC not submit a statement for this PC.
v. DSSA Working Group Phase 1 Report - Comment Period closes 13 September. Reply Period closes 21 October.
4. Recent EURALO nominations ALAC and NomCom (5 min. / Wolf)
5. Briefing on the last EuroSSIG in Meissen / Germany (3 min. / Sandra)
6. Briefing on the ICANN-Studienkreis meeting, this week, Oslo (3 min. / Sandra)
7. EURALO planning 2012 -- continued discussion (Wolf and all) (20 min. / Wolf)
- Discussion on how to deal with non-responsive members (see list)
- pending next steps to organize individual members (creation of specific ALS) - See EURALO ALs participation report
- other planning issues