07:43:02 From Yeşim Saglam - ICANN Org To Everyone:
    Welcome to the APRALO ROP Review WG Call taking place on Thursday, 14 December 2023 at 05:00 UTC.
07:43:12 From Yeşim Saglam - ICANN Org To Everyone:
    Agenda: https://community.icann.org/x/1YAJEQ
08:00:47 From Ali AlMeshal To Everyone:
    Hi all, will not be able to speak . I am in other business meeting.
08:03:59 From Amrita Choudhury To Everyone:
    yes
08:04:42 From Satish Babu (Member, ALAC) To Everyone:
    Can you enlarge the font a bit?
08:06:16 From Amrita Choudhury To Everyone:
    (1) Quorum for APRALO Meetings     The AI was to revisit Section 15 for 2 levels of quorum for (a) Regular (monthly) meetings and (b) Non-regular (special) meetings. After some thought, the following is what's proposed for discussion.     To recap, there are at present 5 types of APRALO Meetings: (i) Regular (monthly) Meeting, (ii) AP-AGM, (iii) Urgent Meeting, (iv) Special Meeting, and (v) AP-GA     It is now proposed that quorum for these meetings be REVISED TO as follows:
08:06:27 From Yeşim Saglam - ICANN Org To Everyone:
    I’m sorry Satish, it wouldn’t fit my window. You can enlarge from your Zoom room
08:06:30 From Amrita Choudhury To Everyone:
    (i) Regular (monthly meeting) Meeting, and (ii) AP-AGM (these being regular):      For these to be quorate (i) at least 4 AP-LT Members; AND (ii) more than 1/3rd or 8 (whichever is the greater) of all the other accredited and accepted (i.e. excluding all withdrawn or suspended) APRALO Members must be present, face-to-face, telephonically, or by other means explicitly approved by the APRALO.       Quorum requirement may be waived by the APRALO Chair to begin, but meeting must be quorate for any decision-taking to be valid.     An AP-AGM is now expressed to be convened for the purposes of accepting annual reports for APRALO such as those of the AP-LT, Liaisons and Appointees, reviewing APRALO’s periodic operating plans and/or similar business.
08:06:41 From Amrita Choudhury To Everyone:
    (iii) Urgent Meeting (these being irregular):     For these to be quorate, at least 4 AP-LT Members must be present, face-to-face, telephonically, or by other means explicitly approved by the APRALO.     An Urgent Meeting is called by the APRALO Chair and quorum is needed to begin.     An Urgent Meeting is proposed to have no restrictions on the matters to be discussed or motions put but any formal decisions taken must be ratified by the APRALO Membership as soon as feasible (unless quorum threshold for a Regular Meeting is met at the time decision was taken)
08:06:54 From Amrita Choudhury To Everyone:
    (iv) Special Meeting (these being irregular):     For these to be quorate (i) at least 4 AP-LT Members; AND (ii) more than 1/3rd or 8 (whichever is the fewer) of all the other accredited and accepted (i.e. excluding all withdrawn or suspended) APRALO Members must be present, face-to-face, telephonically, or by other means explicitly approved by the APRALO.       The difference as against a Regular Meeting or AP-AGM, is that a Special Meeting may be called at the request of any 4 APRALO Members who must not represent or be affiliated to the same ALS, for the sole purpose of discussing pre-identified business (whereas a Regular Meeting or AP-AGM is called by leadership).
08:07:05 From Amrita Choudhury To Everyone:
    (v) AP-GA (these being regular but spaced some years apart):     Quorum requirement is dependent on the business conducted at the GA (could be a Regular Meeting, AP-AGM or Special Meeting or combination thereof) which ideally allows for representation of all active ALSes and IMs in APRALO
08:07:22 From Amrita Choudhury To Everyone:
    Hope this helps Satish
08:07:32 From Satish Babu To Everyone:
    Thanks Amrita.
08:07:50 From Amrita Choudhury To Everyone:
    (2) A balance in the composition for quorum     The AI was for us to confirm whether we want to keep or discard para 15.4.2 for establishing quorum.     15.4   For avoidance of doubt:     15.4.1  Quorum, where required for any APRALO Meeting, shall be established through attendance at the meeting in person or by valid proxy per Section 22;      15.4.2 The composition of APRALO Members present for the purpose of establishing Quorum must be such that the percentage of [U]IMs does not exceed that of ALSes [where applicable]; and     15.4.3  The presence of the AP-IM Representative may be counted for the purpose of establishing Quorum either as an AP-LT Member if so designated by the APRALO Chair pursuant to paragraph 5.5.6 or as an APRALO Member but not both.
08:08:02 From Amrita Choudhury To Everyone:
    (3) RoP Section 22 Proxies     A second AI was to provide for an APRALO Standard Proxy Form, and a discussion on whether proxies should be counted in quorum. We have also included the question of when proxies may or may not be allowed, for consideration.
08:14:49 From Ali AlMeshal To Everyone:
    Was just writing on the same Satish ?
08:19:13 From Amrita Choudhury To Everyone:
    AGM
08:19:46 From Shah Rahman To Everyone:
    considering those  in quorum thy must have title, which can be as observer
08:21:22 From Gopal Tadepalli To Everyone:
    "Volunteerism" is of paramount importance. Quorum is just a head count. Voting is different. Let us leave it as it is now. - Dr. T V Gopal, Anna University
08:23:21 From Gopal Tadepalli To Everyone:
    If the list is not current, it is a hazard to find out who  is counted or not. - Dr. T V Gopal, Anna University, Chennai, INDIA
08:23:38 From Amrita Choudhury To Everyone:
    +1 Justine
08:23:47 From Amrita Choudhury To Everyone:
    on cleaning
08:25:26 From Ali AlMeshal To Everyone:
    Cleaning is a ongoing process which should always be there
08:25:36 From Amrita Choudhury To Everyone:
    Reacted to "Cleaning is a ongoin..." with 
08:35:11 From Shah Rahman To Everyone:
    thnen mention chair maybe sounds good
08:35:28 From Ali AlMeshal To Everyone:
    Is the chair a must in quorum?
08:36:33 From Ali AlMeshal To Everyone:
    Any quorum?
08:38:18 From Gopal Tadepalli To Everyone:
    Who can request the staff to convene a meeting for the meeting to be deemed fully official and all on record? - Dr. T V Gopal, Anna University
08:38:45 From Shah Rahman To Everyone:
    conveying meeting though chair or interim
08:41:45 From Shah Rahman To Everyone:
    yes
08:41:53 From Gopal Tadepalli To Everyone:
    @Justine Chew You are very nice In elaborating on the number i.e four who can request the staff to convene a meeting. In India, we tend to have a "Proper Channel". I prefer through the Chair. Just a suggestion. - Dr. T V Gopal, Anna University, Chennai, INDIA
08:52:29 From Ali AlMeshal To Everyone:
    Please confirm the pint again sorry
08:52:33 From Ali AlMeshal To Everyone:
    Point
08:52:37 From Gopal Tadepalli To Everyone:
    Just an Aside: The colloquial language often makes a logical syllogism "Chair = Committee / Entire Community", "Representative = ALS' and so on. It can be handled. - Dr. T V Gopal, Anna University, Chennai, INDIA
08:53:04 From Amrita Choudhury To Everyone:
    15.4.2 The composition of APRALO Members present for the purpose of establishing Quorum must be such that the percentage of [U]IMs does not exceed that of ALSes [where applicable]; and
08:53:36 From Ali AlMeshal To Everyone:
    Agree to remove
08:54:04 From Shah Rahman To Everyone:
    thts better
08:54:19 From Ali AlMeshal To Everyone:
    Yes good suggestion Satish
08:54:27 From Shah Rahman To Everyone:
    yes one or each
08:54:53 From Gopal Tadepalli To Everyone:
    I suggest that we leave 15.4.2 as such. It may be a far fetched scenario. Insisting on one of each type is more difficult.
09:00:09 From Gopal Tadepalli To Everyone:
    Proxies with a formal form ought to be before the meeting starts.
09:00:41 From Shah Rahman To Everyone:
    certain time before meeting
09:02:09 From Gopal Tadepalli To Everyone:
    How long does it take to process the formal proxy form ?
09:02:47 From Amrita Choudhury To Everyone:
    we need access to see the proxy form
09:02:51 From Ali AlMeshal To Everyone:
    We normally have at least a week before the call
09:03:05 From Gopal Tadepalli To Everyone:
    If it takes "t minutes" to process the formal proxy form, please factor 3t minutes prior to the start of the meeting.
09:04:55 From Amrita Choudhury To Everyone:
    agree
09:05:07 From Shah Rahman To Everyone:
09:05:14 From Amrita Choudhury To Everyone:
    agree
09:05:36 From Ali AlMeshal To Everyone:
    I would go for one
09:07:10 From Gopal Tadepalli To Everyone:
    OBSERVATION: I am in many Working Groups that have both voting and non-voting members attending. When the voting begins, it is very difficult to check this factor. - Dr. T V Gopal, Anna University, Chennai, INDIA
09:07:30 From Shah Rahman To Everyone:
    seems not necessity being full member
09:08:57 From Gopal Tadepalli To Everyone:
    In other words, checking the conditions for "voting member" needs much better tool support. Even in Face - to - Face Meetings checking this condition is difficult. - Dr. T V Gopal, Anna University, Chennai, INDIA
09:11:25 From Gopal Tadepalli To Everyone:
    Please localize to the forum. ICANN Remit is all that is needed for "Good Standing". It should not matter outside of ICANN parameters. - Dr. T  V Gopal, Anna University, Chennai, INDIA
09:13:15 From Gopal Tadepalli To Everyone:
    @Satish Babu: You may please recall that bringing together the membership to APRALO and joining the mailing list happened only a few years back. - Dr. T V Gopal, Anna University, Chennai, INDIA
09:15:21 From Gopal Tadepalli To Everyone:
    What if we seek two testimonials to determine "Good Standing" ? - Dr. T V Gopal, Anna University
09:17:29 From Shah Rahman To Everyone:
    filtering though APRALO member list
09:19:27 From Gopal Tadepalli To Everyone:
    People are intrinsically good. We ought to accept them for what they are in any forum of governance. Why "Good Standing"? Toa void too much of arbitrariness in the dynamics. "Good Standing" gives the baseline stability. - Dr. T V Gopal, Anna University, Chennai, INDIA
09:20:58 From Gopal Tadepalli To Everyone:
    Leaving now.
09:21:30 From Amrita Choudhury To Everyone:
    yes
09:22:11 From Ali AlMeshal To Everyone:
    Yes as well for me
09:22:22 From Shah Rahman To Everyone:
    proxy is deligate so counted
09:26:00 From Amrita Choudhury To Everyone:
    ok
09:26:15 From Amrita Choudhury To Everyone:
    my bad I had to come back on this