Yesim Nazlar:Welcome to the APRALO Monthly Call held on Thursday, 21 April 2016 at 06:00 UTC

  Yesim Nazlar:Agenda:

  Silvia Vivanco:Welcome all, we are still gathering

  Holly Raiche:Hi Everyone

  Siranush Vardanyan - APRALO:hi, everyone, welcome

  Rinalia Abdul Rahim:hello APRALO.

  Maureen Hilyard:Hi everyone..

  Silvia Vivanco:Welcome Rinalia

  Ali AlMeshal:Hello all

  Rinalia Abdul Rahim:hi! such an interesting agenda.

  Rinalia Abdul Rahim::)

  Siranush Vardanyan - APRALO:a lot to discuss:)

  Maureen Hilyard:Just butt in wherever you like Rinalia :)

  Rinalia Abdul Rahim:I will type.mi am in a busy area with lots of noise.

  Siranush Vardanyan - APRALO:never mind, Rinalia, your presence is already an honor for us

  Rinalia Abdul Rahim:you are so kind, Siranush.

  Rinalia Abdul Rahim:do people hear a tone in the background? almost a buz but a definite tone.

  Nadira AlAraj:Good day ALL

  Ali AlMeshal:hi Nadira

  Yesim Nazlar:Welcome everyone!

  Holly Raiche:@Rinalia - Me too

  Kaili Kan:Hello!

  Nadira AlAraj:Good morning Ali

  Ali AlMeshal:Kaili How are you

  Siranush Vardanyan - APRALO:hi, Nadira, welcome

  Satish Babu:Hi all!

  Kelvin Wong:Hi all!

  Nadira AlAraj:Hi Siranush, good morning

  Yasuichi Kitamura (ALS-Japan):hi, all

  Siranush Vardanyan - APRALO:hi, all, and welcome

  Ali AlMeshal:Hi Yasuichi welcome

  Kaili Kan:@Ali I am fine.  Thank you!  So we are going to miss you in Beijing?

  Yasuichi Kitamura (ALS-Japan):hi, ali

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:In AC  and Audio now :-)

  Siranush Vardanyan - APRALO:great, Cheryl, welcome

  Ali AlMeshal:hi Cheryl how are you

  Siranush Vardanyan - APRALO:welcome, Anupam

  Anupam Agrawal:Hello Everyone

  Kaili Kan:May I have a dial-out?  My speaker is rather faint.  Thanks!

  Rinalia Abdul Rahim:I am staff today.

  Anupam Agrawal:Hello Siranush

  Kaili Kan:@Rinalia  Staff ...  : )

  Rinalia Abdul Rahim:it happens sometimes. :)

  Siranush Vardanyan - APRALO::)

  Gunela Astbrink:Hi everyone. Sorry I'm late

  Silvia Vivanco:Policy advide development page:

  Yesim Nazlar:Welcome Gunela!

  Gunela Astbrink:Thank you @ Yesim

  Siranush Vardanyan - APRALO:welcome, Gunela

  Gunela Astbrink:Thank you, Siranush

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Maureen had CTN

  Bikram Shrestha:Hello Every one

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Hi Bikram

  Yesim Nazlar:Welcome Bikram

  Rinalia Abdul Rahim:How about the deep dive meeting on multi year budget and proposal for summit and RALO meeting? anyone can provide an update?

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Yup a tad too late for our nput BUT we do need to input on the Bylws drafting out soon for CWG Transition and CCWG Accountabiity

  Rinalia Abdul Rahim:yes. 400+pages in the new draft bylaws.  

  Bikram Shrestha:thanks everyone.

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:It will be almost finished for PC  by the next monthlt meeting

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:so I suggest a Mid Month  webinar or call,  though perhaps  the ALAC/At-Large one will suffice  for our Rwgion if needs be...

  Siranush Vardanyan - APRALO:noted, Cheryl

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:And of course  Assuming we are *satisfied with our terrific Leadership nTeam,  we can simply resuport the sitting Members in their current positions for an additional Term...  That is what I would sutreongy suggest we do BTW

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:should say STRONGLY suggest

  Silvia Vivanco:ALL RALOs are in syncronization now

  Silvia Vivanco:which is efficient

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:If it 'Aint broke - why fix it'\

  Rinalia Abdul Rahim:like the Internet. :)

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:yup

  Silvia Vivanco:some RALOs have "regional internal positons" at a different schedule (NARALO and LACRALO) but all the same for ALAC position

  Silvia Vivanco:All nominees are required to send an Statement of Interest

  Nadira AlAraj:Q: How many years for the re-selection applies?

  Silvia Vivanco:The wiki page explains in details all the terms  Nadira :

  Nadira AlAraj:Thank you Silvia

  Silvia Vivanco:Basically APRALO positions are for 2 years and Secretariat 1 year

  Rinalia Abdul Rahim:If I understand Holly correctly, the idea is to begin "training/mentoring" the next layer of RALO leadership from the region. great idea! especially as the issues are quite complex.

  Satish Babu:Should we include the NomCom position in the list as well?

  Holly Raiche:Thanks Rinalia - exacly what I have in mind

  Rinalia Abdul Rahim:I would support it. imparting knowledge on context , process and substance would be invaluable.

  Rinalia Abdul Rahim:The same for NomCom Satish.

  Silvia Vivanco:@ Satish yes the ALAC voting delegate to NomCom is included (see screen) but in this case the RALO "recommends" to the ALAC so in strict sense is not an election but a "recommendation"

  Satish Babu:Right, thanks @Rinalia...

  Rinalia Abdul Rahim:Is there also a plan for looking into getting/encouraging RALO members into PDP working groups of they are interested?

  Rinalia Abdul Rahim:There are some really interesting policy development working groups at ICANN right now, especially related to review of new gTLD program.

  Holly Raiche:@ Cheryl - which is why Id like to start involving everyone

  Satish Babu:@Rinalia, I agree we need more RALO members in PDP groups, if we can find a way to ease them in...

  Rinalia Abdul Rahim:Perhaps staff can circulate the list of PDP WG to APRALO

  Rinalia Abdul Rahim:as a start and ALAC veterans can provide some guidance on which has key issues related to end users.

  Rinalia Abdul Rahim:One can start as an observer participant before becoming a member of a PDP working group just to get a sense of it.

  Ali AlMeshal:Thanks Cheryl

  Maureen Hilyard:APRALO Leaders are always looking out for members who are involved in At-Large discussions and working groups.

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:I must say Rinalia  I would greatly value having a few more people form our region *active* in a number of the WG's that includes PDP's  that I serve on,  so step up *do the work* and I will train you up NP

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:*yuo*  being whoever we can press gang inti it  of course ;-)

  Rinalia Abdul Rahim:Would you mind listing in brief those WGs Cheryl as info for this group?

  Holly Raiche:Maybe have a webinar just on the issue?

  Rinalia Abdul Rahim:It is true that things in ICANN require "work" and time investment.

  Yasuichi Kitamura (ALS-Japan):yes

  Holly Raiche:Thanks Kelvin

  Kelvin Wong 2:Got it!

  Kelvin Wong 2:@Holly - thanks! Glad it was useful

  Rinalia Abdul Rahim:One of the recommendations of the GNSO Review is to enhance the inclusion and diversity of PDP WGs. if the GNSO ends up forming a specific WG to address that topic, would be great to have RALO and ALAC representatives in that WG.

  Anupam Agrawal:Thanks Kelvin. Looking forward to the webinar on DNS security

  Kelvin Wong 2:@Anupam, sure, thanks for the interest

  Holly Raiche:Id be happy o be part of that group

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Indeed Rinalia  and of course in recent times in GNSO WG's in particular we have seen imporved input and engagement from Africa,  but AP ZRegion *must* do a great deal more  IMOP

  Rinalia Abdul Rahim:Agree.

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Individual Members  are permitted now by our ROP's since 2015  there are however some issues,  we should deal with

  Silvia Vivanco:APRALO Members individual membership wiki :

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Ind Members in *all RALO's * however is a required output

  Silvia Vivanco:@ Siranush and Maureen please let staff know if you would like a teleconference  for Individual membership discussions

  Siranush Vardanyan - APRALO:will let u know, Silvia, thanks

  Maureen Hilyard:Our conditions for individual members are important for our region.There are two different views on the wiki at the moment. More views needed

  Holly Raiche:Maybe an email to all APRALO members asking for views, explaining - based on CLO - that it is not a question of if but when

  Gunela Astbrink:Apologies - I have another meeting. Bye everyone

  Holly Raiche:Bye  Gunela

  Satish Babu:Bye Gunela

  Ali AlMeshal:bye Gunela

  Yesim Nazlar:Bye Gunela!

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:The output  from the 1st ALAC Review  made the recommendation (and it was accepted to be implemented)  for all RALOs to allow Infdividual / unaffiliated Memberhip

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Bye Gunela

  Maureen Hilyard:Thank you Siranush. I hope it is Puerto Rico.

  Rinalia Abdul Rahim:This is not an easy decision to make.

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:As do I

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Hope for PR

  Siranush Vardanyan - APRALO:it is a difficult decision, indeed

  Rinalia Abdul Rahim:It won't be early May. It will be mid May

  Silvia Vivanco:Thank you for this correction Rinalia

  Nadira AlAraj:Thank you for the updates

  Rinalia Abdul Rahim:based on latest meeting schedule, Sylvia. BFC will meet in the last 10 days of April and Board will meet Mid May.

  Silvia Vivanco:Thank you for that update Rinalia

  Siranush Vardanyan - APRALO:appreciate your input and update, Rinalia

  Rinalia Abdul Rahim:Satish - end user issues focus would be great for the school.

  Holly Raiche:@ Satish - sounds terrific

  Ali AlMeshal:Thank you Satish for update

  Siranush Vardanyan - APRALO:my called was dropped

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Lost the CHair

  Rinalia Abdul Rahim:Siranush?

  Nadira AlAraj:@Satish, very intersting "mobile" summer school

  Siranush Vardanyan - APRALO:just give few seconds to redial

  Silvia Vivanco:@ Satish please share the information in the mailing list

  Satish Babu:Thanks @Nadira, it is indeed interesting...

  Satish Babu:@Silvia, will do.

  Holly Raiche:@cSatish - is there a link for more details?

  Anupam Agrawal:Thanks Satish..

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:No AOB  from Me

  Rinalia Abdul Rahim 2:yes, Satish pls circulate more info on email

  hong xue:sorry I was on metro. shall read the minutes later.

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Yes we have all the workshops in and are considering atm

  Satish Babu:@Holly, pls see

  Holly Raiche:thanks

  Nadira AlAraj:Thank you for a productive meeting

  Kelvin Wong 2:APAC Hub's accepted workshops are: Internationalized Domain Names and Implications for the Next Billion; Overcoming challenges in APAC outreach and participation

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:the schools  will be ( I beleive) a Day 0 event pre APrIGF

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Good Call  Thanks everyine,  bye for now :-)

  Holly Raiche:Thanks everyone

  Rinalia Abdul Rahim:My pleasure!

  Maureen Hilyard:Nice to see you Rinalia.

  Rinalia Abdul Rahim:I hear you. :)

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr::-)

  Satish Babu:Thanks Siranush, and have a great day ahead, everyone!

  Silvia Vivanco:Thank you all for your active participation !

  Kaili Kan:Thank you all!  Bye!

  Ali AlMeshal:thanks everyone

  Rinalia Abdul Rahim:Thanks all.

  Bikram Shrestha:thank you

  Kelvin Wong 2:Thanks all!

  Yasuichi Kitamura (ALS-Japan):thank you.

  Bikram Shrestha:bye

  Anupam Agrawal:Thanks Everyone

  Siranush Vardanyan - APRALO:thank you all and bye

  • No labels