Gisella Gruber-White:Welcome to the APRALO Monthly call on Tuesday 28 January 2014 at 0500 UTC
  Gisella Gruber-White:Agenda: https://community.icann.org/x/DgO6Ag
  Siranush Vardanyan:hello, Hong, Gisella and Silvia
  Gisella Gruber-White:Good evening/morning to everyone!
  Pavan Budhrani:Hi all :), am on the call
  Silvia Vivanco:Hello all
  Silvia Vivanco:welcome
  Siranush Vardanyan:hello, Pavan
  Siranush Vardanyan:Hello Tomohiro, lovely to "see" you joining your first APRALO call, welcome
  Silvia Vivanco:Welcome Tomohiro!
  Tomohiro Fujisaki:Hi all, good morning!!
  Pavan Budhrani:welcome Tomohiro! looking forward to working together :)
  Yannis Li:Hi Everyone
  Siranush Vardanyan:hi, Yannis, Maureen and Holly
  Maureen Hilyard:Hi everyone.. I am waiting for a dialup
  Siranush Vardanyan:i am also waiting for dialup
  Holly Raiche:Hi everyone
  Silvia Vivanco:we still have 5 mins
  Silvia Vivanco:to complete dial outs
  Siranush Vardanyan:thanks, Silvia
  Silvia Vivanco:Welcome Olivier!
  Siranush Vardanyan:hello, Olivier, welcome
  Gisella Gruber-White:@ Siranush - we are trying to get hold of you
  Siranush Vardanyan:my phone is just next to me, no ringing:)
  Gisella Gruber-White:@ Siranush - trying again
  Siranush Vardanyan:thankns
  Ali AlMeshal:good day to all
  Gunela Astbrink:Hi everyone
  Siranush Vardanyan:welcome, Ali, Gunela, Cheryl and Jahangir
  Siranush Vardanyan:Jahangir, thnks for join to your first APRALO call
  Hong Xue:Good Day!
  Siranush Vardanyan:sorry for delay, still waiting for dial out
  Satish Babu:Hi everyone!
  Ali AlMeshal:HI Siranush
  Siranush Vardanyan:hello, Satish
  Satish Babu:Hi Siranush
  Maureen Hilyard:Hi everyone.. I can hear the conversations now :)
  Jahangir Hossain:Thank also all APLARO ALS to give us opportunity for our ALS
  Jahangir Hossain:@thanks Siranush
  Satish Babu:Welcome Jahangir!
  Siranush Vardanyan:i am in the call, thanks, but can you hear me?
  Jahangir Hossain:yes
  Satish Babu:Yes, we can hear you, Siranush
  Hong Xue:welcome.
  Silvia Vivanco:Welcome Siranush!
  Holly Raiche:Welcome
  Suhaidi Hassan ISOC-MY:Hello everyone, am joining from a remote location on the Langkawi Island, so bandwidth is terrible ... hope can follow the meeting.
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:I'm dropped
  Siranush Vardanyan:hello, Suhaidi
  Gisella Gruber-White:@ Cheryl - dialling now
  Gisella Gruber-White:Suhaidi - would you like a dial-out?
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:thanks
  Holly Raiche:Welcome Suhaidi
  Ali AlMeshal:wellcome to all
  Ali AlMeshal:wellcome to new ALS's
  Silvia Vivanco:Welcome to the new ALS in  APRALO !!
  Gisella Gruber-White:Amir Qayyum has joined the AC room
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:back in
  Silvia Vivanco:Yes we got the slides
  Silvia Vivanco:appearing soon!
  Siranush Vardanyan:welcome Amir for your first APRALO call
  Silvia Vivanco:thanks to Gisella's magic touch
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Hi Everyone! Hi Gisella, thank you and great to see you again! Hi to the New ALSes
  Siranush Vardanyan:hi, Sala
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Hi Siranush
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Awesome presentation Hong, really great to learn about your organisation
  Gisella Gruber-White:@ Holly - dialling you back
  Gisella Gruber-White:@ Sala - thank you
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Is that Jason in the picture?
  Holly Raiche:I have just been dropped from the call. I can hear from my speakers so it's not a problem, but it would be nice to be recalled - thanks
  Holly Raiche:It was my pleasure
  Gisella Gruber-White:@ Holly - we are trying to connect you
  Holly Raiche:thanks
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:It was great that the Board changed the TMCH implementation of IDNs based on Hong's suggestions
  Gisella Gruber-White:Holly is back
  Gisella Gruber-White:Ellen Strickland has joined the AC room
  Siranush Vardanyan:welcome, Ellen
  Suhaidi Hassan ISOC-MY:Gisella, I am quite OK now with few line drops, so no need a dial-out as for now.
  Gisella Gruber-White:@ Suhaidi - thank you for letting us know,. We are always happy to provide a dial-out
  Ellen Strickland:Hi all, apologies for lateness, at the airport in a lounge w spotty Internet
  Siranush Vardanyan:we need volunteers for the next meeting for ALS  Spotlight, so if anyone is interested to volunteer and present their organization, just make your voice heard
  Gisella Gruber-White:@ Sala - have you dropped?
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Am on the call now - had dropped initially
  Ellen Strickland:I can present on InternetNZ for spotlight, Siranush
  Holly Raiche:@Hong - the multi stakeholder forum in Singapore will be on privacy/proxy services
  Amir Qayyum:I am the call again, after being dropped for about 1 min ... Missed the initial discussion :-(
  Siranush Vardanyan:great, Ellen, thank you for vulnteering
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Really awesome Hong!
  Siranush Vardanyan:Amir, Hong is presenting now their organization, we usually have this activitiy for every meeting
  Amir Qayyum:Great. Now I am following the discussion ...
  Silvia Vivanco:Excellent presentation Hong!
  Holly Raiche:And I am a horse in the year of the horse
  Jahangir Hossain:Nice initative , Siranush....hopefully ISOC BD ALS also can try to act as volunteer ...
  Ali AlMeshal:thanks Hong
  Yannis Li:Thanks Hong for the comprehensive presentation!
  Hong Xue:Thanks to you all.
  Suhaidi Hassan ISOC-MY:Happy Chinese New Year to our Chinese colleagues.
  Siranush Vardanyan:Happy Chinese New Year
  Siranush Vardanyan:And thanks, Holly for the informative presentation
  Holly Raiche:It will be officilly launched in Singapore
  Maureen Hilyard:https://community.icann.org/display/APRALO/APRALO+Draft+MOU+with+APNIC
  Yannis Li:Am good with the MOU with APNIC
  Silvia Vivanco:The MOU is posted here: https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=2266081
  Silvia Vivanco:main APRALO wiki page
  Silvia Vivanco:under APRALO MOU with APTLD
  Jahangir Hossain:that's really good news MoU with APNIC
  Silvia Vivanco:APNIC is also posted
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:with the little tidy Maureen proposed. YES
  Siranush Vardanyan:yesssss, thank you, Sala
  Maureen Hilyard:https://community.icann.org/display/APRALO/APRALO+Draft+MOU+with+APNIC
  Ali AlMeshal:thanks Sala
  Holly Raiche:Thanks to everyone for this
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:You are all welcome
  Maureen Hilyard:https://community.icann.org/pages/worddav/preview.action?fileName=Draft+MoU+between+APTLD+and+APRALO+v4+cleaned+version+%283%29.doc&pageId=2266081
  Silvia Vivanco:APTLD on the screen
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Currently in the APRALO region, as at December 31st, 2013, we had 17 countries and territories within the region that have ALSes in them. ccNSO penetration in the same region was at 53%. ALS Penetration rate at 23%. APTLD penetration rate in Oceania is at 41%.
  Siranush Vardanyan:staff, please put the deadline for cooments on MOU with APTLD - end of this week
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Of course this has changed with the new ALSes this year
  Holly Raiche:Happy to help
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:As a matter of background also, this draft went through back and forth exchange with APTLD GM and it is a strawman so please free to revise and edit
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Don (APTLD GM) wanted the specific provisions of 10.1 and 10.2 expressly provided for
  Silvia Vivanco:Noted as AI Siranush : 2.  All APRALO ALS to comment on the agreement with APTLD by the end of this week (Friday January 31st).
  Siranush Vardanyan:thanks, Silvis
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:I agree this needs to be pruned a bit to high level but a good start... Re liasons there should BE some but not specified who in the MOU just the plan to have such allocated
  Siranush Vardanyan:Silvia
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:By the way, MoUs are not legally binding for those on the call who may not be aware
  Holly Raiche:Or maybe alink to the details on the ICANN site?
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:By the way the APRICOT meeting which will be in Malaysia is a good opportunity to practice relations with APTLD
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Loud and clear OCL
  Amir Qayyum:yes, I can hear
  Maureen Hilyard:Perhaps if anyone wants to volunteer to join me on the writing team re the MOUs please contact me hilyard@oyster.net.ck
  Holly Raiche:OCL sounds Sooo bright and cheery  - coffee?
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Will it be reloaded on Adobe?
  Silvia Vivanco:https://community.icann.org/display/alacpolicydev/At-Large+Policy+Development+Page
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Many thanks
  Silvia Vivanco:Policy Advice Development page
  Maureen Hilyard: @Holly... Well he's just had a good nights sleep.. its 6am
  Gisella Gruber-White:Wintrhop Yu has joined the AC room
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Hi Wn
  Holly Raiche:May I have a minute to mention two workshops in Singapore - thanks
  Winthrop Yu:Hello All!  Sorry for being late.
  Gisella Gruber-White:Apologies - Winthrop
  Siranush Vardanyan:yes, Holly, point 8 is you, so can add the info you woud like to
  Siranush Vardanyan:Hello, Winthrop
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:OCL in the review of the Trusted Community Representatives, will the ALAC have a say in the renewal of the holders of the digital keys
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:@Sala: Sorry, I do not know
  Silvia Vivanco:Silvia Vivanco: https://community.icann.org/display/alacpolicydev/At-Large+Policy+Development+Page and any questions staff can guide you
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Olivier I would like to volunteer to draft a statement on the Review of Trusted Community Representation in Root Zone DNSSEC Key Signing Ceremonies
  Gisella Gruber-White:KT has joined the AC room
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:I know there is a complex process to select people, but unknown
  Siranush Vardanyan:welcome KT
  Holly Raiche:Hi KT
  Karaitiana Taiuru:Hi all
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Kiora KT!
  Karaitiana Taiuru:Bula Sala,
  Gisella Gruber-White:@ Hong - do you still wish to take the floor?
  Hong Xue:Thanks for the update.
  Ali AlMeshal:can you hear me
  Satish Babu:Ali, can't hear you
  Ali AlMeshal:ii am trying
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Loud and clear Ali
  Silvia Vivanco:Yes!! now we can
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:On CROPP, we should consider the APRICOT in Malaysia
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:which is in February or would that be late
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:@Sala: We'll note the fact you are volunteering to hold the pen on the Review of Trusted Community Representation in Root Zone DNSSEC Key Signing Ceremonies
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:@Olivier, thanks
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:it seems that there's a bit of delay between Ali & Cheryl, hence the occasional crosswires :-)
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:I see 8 weeks
  Siranush Vardanyan:i was dropped out
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:I hope that ISOC Malaysia will be attending the APRICOT
  Silvia Vivanco:CROPP: https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=43982055
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:APTLD will also have its meeting at the APRICOT and its AGM and they will be running a training there
  Hong Xue:We had submitted for APRAL annual GM. Would that be qualified under CORPP?
  Silvia Vivanco:Details of Cropp: https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=41900609
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:so for those in the area, that could be something to consider
  Gisella Gruber-White:@ Siranush - dialling you again
  Suhaidi Hassan ISOC-MY:Sure Sala, Rinalia and I (and other EC members) will be there. It's a blessing in disguise :)
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:APNIC will have a meeting in New Caledonia in the third quarter this year and APTLD will have a meeting back to back with that
  Siranush Vardanyan:i am back, thanks
  Silvia Vivanco:please mute your speakers if not speaking
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Yes Suhaidi, awesome that you will be there. Also if there are specific trainings that your ALS can identify, we can also check to see if it will be made available
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:on site that is
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:They have just finished the SANOG in Bhutan and it was very well attended
  Ellen Strickland:Early July
  Ellen Strickland:Yeah timing is a major issue
  Maureen Hilyard:yes.. i think this has been the problem for us
  Gunela Astbrink:PITA (Pacific Island Telecommunications Association) has its AGM in mid-April that usually includes a conference. Unfortunately, there is no program at this stage.
  Ellen Strickland:PITA is 7-11 APril
  Ellen Strickland:it is mostly telco operators though, in my experience
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:So far we only have 5 ALSes from Oceania in APRALO
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Be good to map for different regions within APRALO like South Asia etc
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:and Western Asia, Arab region
  Gunela Astbrink:I agree, Ellen but there may possibly some other orgs as well
  Ellen Strickland:true Gunela, and with such a limited window timingwise prob our best/only best for oceania
  Silvia Vivanco:Singapore Showcase: https://community.icann.org/display/APRALO/APRALO+49th+meeting+-+Singapore+2014+-+APRALO+Events
  Holly Raiche:Love the title
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Congratulations to the team preparing for the Singapore Showcase! Exciting theme indeed :)
  Silvia Vivanco:"Celebrating Diversity"
  Holly Raiche:I trust you are inviting Paul Wilson
  Silvia Vivanco:Thank you all for your hard work on the Showcase
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:happy to consider that for oceania then (but keep looking/thinking)  but now. need opportunity in West and center/east of our Region **please**
  Siranush Vardanyan:we will send official invitations to Paul and Don as well, Holly
  Gunela Astbrink:Great news, Olivier!
  Ali AlMeshal:So please look around and let us know if any good CROPP opportunity that fit the program and let us utilize it
  Silvia Vivanco:Thank you for the heads up Olivier !
  Holly Raiche:They will be there
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:@Cheryl it might be worthwhile to talk to Gaurab from SANOG who will be familiar with events happening in his region or through APNIC's regional trainers in West Asia etc
  Silvia Vivanco:Yes Maureen its lookimg great!
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Awesome work on the brochure
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:I am SO pleased to be able to announce the creation of this At-Large Ad Hoc ICANN Accessibility Working Group which will incorporate disability issues and has the support of the Regional Vice President for North America, Chris Mondini
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:We should also think about having twitter hash tags for the APRALO showcase; Fantastic work by Chris and also for responding to community interests in incorporating disability issues
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:yeah
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:that was to @OCL's news
  Siranush Vardanyan:agree with Cheryl, this is a great initiative
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:[Can barely hear - please speak up Holly
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:@Sala yes but again so many events in our Region falls outside the narrow time boundaries I will however reach out to others at the AP* meeting and APRICOT at end of next month to see what else we might find...
  Silvia Vivanco:@ Holly just let staff know if you need support for organization of the Forum
  Ali AlMeshal:Hi Silvia, did you get my email with regard to Singapore
  Silvia Vivanco:Yes Ali I did
  Silvia Vivanco:working on it
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Fantastic Siranush!
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Just wondering whether Hong's Presentation will be uploaded on the Wiki
  Siranush Vardanyan:yes, Sala, it will be posted
  Silvia Vivanco:ATLAS II : https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/ATLAS+II+Sub-Working+Group%3A+Events
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Many thanks
  Satish Babu:I agree with Maureen
  Silvia Vivanco:@ Maureen, we have stressed this issue of VISA with travel staff
  Silvia Vivanco:Constituency travel is very much aware
  Silvia Vivanco:of this
  Maureen Hilyard:Sorry everyone I have to leave to attend another meeting.... PICISOC Board meeting in one minutes time :(
  Siranush Vardanyan:thanks, Maureen for joining
  Siranush Vardanyan:we are almost at the end of the call
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Fantastic update
  Silvia Vivanco:We will continue pushing as well
  Ali AlMeshal:Sory I have to leave as well i have a bus meeting
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:it is also often useful to have a endorsed copy of the official letter for our travelers to be sent to the immigration "powers that be" as it helps differentiate our from the false ones that WILL come in
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:Travel Staff & those people dealing with visas are apparently only dealing with Singapore at the moment :-(
  Suhaidi Hassan ISOC-MY:ISOC Malaysia will be participating in APRICOT/APNIC meeting in Kuala Lumpur.
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Many thanks Siranush and fellow APRALO colleagues and special thanks to Gisella, Silvia and the Adigo staff. Thank you also Olivier for the updates. Special welcome again to the new ALSes who have joined us for the first time, really great to see you here. Goodbye all!
  Silvia Vivanco:Good bye Sala
  Ali AlMeshal:Thanks to all
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:yup some of us could just gather together for the call and dial in
  Holly Raiche:Thanks and Bye Bye
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Thanks bye
  Ali AlMeshal:good bye
  Satish Babu:Bye all!!
  Tomohiro Fujisaki:Thank you so much!
  Gunela Astbrink:Thank you, Siranush. Bye everyone.
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Happy Lunar New Year!
  Siranush Vardanyan:thanks, everyone
  Silvia Vivanco:Yes Happy New year to all in Asia !
  Suhaidi Hassan ISOC-MY:Thanks and good bye

• No labels