Gisella Gruber-White:Welcome to the APRALO Beijing Events OC on Tuesday 8 January 2013 at 0400 UTC
  Gisella Gruber-White:Agenda: https://community.icann.org/x/xoNZAg
  Maureen Hilyard:Hi everyone. Maureen here. just connecting my audio
  Holly Raiche:I am waiting to be called
  Maureen Hilyard:I'm muting my mike.. I have a rooster outside who will be trying to compete with me...
  Holly Raiche:Hi - I am being called - but then someone hangs up!
  Holly Raiche:Hi - don't know why they are getting my voice mail - I answer the call
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:stick with it  they will get through eventually  this happens to me sometiomes
  Silvia Vivanco:Hello everyone
  Maureen Hilyard:Take care!
  Rinalia Abdul Rahim:wow.  echoes!!!!
  Rinalia Abdul Rahim:Still echoey
  Heidi Ullrich:Pavan, will Edmon be able to join?
  Maureen Hilyard:Thank you Hong
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Has it settled Rinalia  all OK  for me...
  Hong Xue:Hi, if another Council Member from CDNUA, Kathy Teng, will be joining us, please accept her. She is in direct contact with the local organizers.
  Maureen Hilyard:Pavan.. I haven't received anything in today's mail.
  Gisella Gruber-White:Reminder - if you are typing, please mute your mic
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Neither have I :-(
  Hong Xue:I think so, Holly.
  Hong Xue:Okay. Sorry I am trying to catch up with the development after December. Willing to work with Paven.
  Hong Xue:Pavan, could you please check out at your earliest convenience if At-Large @ China has responded to the invitation?
  Rinalia Abdul Rahim 2:Probably an alert to relavant parties that Chinese New Year is coming up in Feb and that Visa application timing should factor that into consideration.
  Hong Xue:CNY is in the 2nd week of February. 9-14.
  Rinalia Abdul Rahim 2:Thanks, Hong!
  Gisella Gruber-White:I have skyped Edmon
  Gisella Gruber-White:YJ disconnected - dialling back
  Gisella Gruber-White:YJ bcak
  Gisella Gruber-White:back
  Silvia Vivanco:Welcome Edmon
  Gisella Gruber-White:Edmon - skyping you the HK number and passcode
  Edmon:ok thx
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:At this stage  I would suggest  that IF we need funds for  yet to be identified activity we'll meet that when we know more  Edmon and I DO need to talk  though...
  Hong Xue:Holly, there might be other expenses for showcase. But I can update at that item.
  Edmon:on the call now
  Heidi Ullrich:They are in Beijing atm
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Edmon  ot sounds like you and I need to talk perhaps mid next week after the dust has settled  frim the meetings team visit...  Just send me some options  OR  get Gisella to look at what moght work for us both ( and anyone else  interested) to join  Maureen comes to mind at the very least...
  Maureen Hilyard:That sounds good to me.. pretty close to what we envisaged. Good one.
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:indeed Maureen
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Hong is this not what Maureen's WT plan is addressing? (other than any content management of course)
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Agree totally Hong on contact Management is essential  I asssume Kathy may assist in that...
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:and of course  Staff
  Heidi Ullrich:What timing is being considered for the Showcase/Reception?
  Heidi Ullrich:So, Monday night.?
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Monday night seems to be the best  yes...
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:its the best chance to get  rest of ICANN there  yes  Heidi I agree
  Heidi Ullrich:As Hong mentioned, we also need to confirm if interpretation is needed.
  Heidi Ullrich:that will impact the logistics.
  Heidi Ullrich:Cheryl, I am asking if there will be music/dancing. Also, we need to confirm if interpretion is needed.
  Maureen Hilyard:Music/dancing.. we'll check with the ALSes..
  Heidi Ullrich:Thanks, Maureen.
  Heidi Ullrich:If Fadi and Fadi, etc will be speaking, we will need interpretation.
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Yup that settles it I'd say
  Hong Xue:Agree on Monday. Tuesday night is not a good time to attract participants.
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Don't hold your breath for the current Regional VP  Rinalia  I agree
  Gisella Gruber-White:General Assembly scheduled on Tuesday evening
  Rinalia Abdul Rahim 2:Policy Roundtable: The criteria for the topics are as follows: (1) highly relevant and important to the region and ICANN; (2) require multistakeholder engagement to address.  For each topic proposed, recommendations will be solicited on relevant discussion leaders.  These discussion leaders should be knowledgeable about the topic/s and respected regionally or globally.  We should ideally get discussion leaders from a broad range of stakeholder groups (i.e., government and inter-governmental, business, non-profit/NGO, and end user).
  Heidi Ullrich:The GA could also take place Wednesday evening.
  Heidi Ullrich:Hong, Dev has agreed to hold such a meeting re wiki training
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:isn't it integral to the newcommers  and Fellowship tracks
  Hong Xue:Will Capacity building be in separate meetings or merged with Fellowship meetings?
  Heidi Ullrich:as Chair of the Technology Taskforce
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:That is Perfect  Janoce has her at together  
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:merged
  Heidi Ullrich:In the past, both a participants mailing list and a wiki have been used.
  Heidi Ullrich:You may wish to have a call with them prior to coming to Beijing.
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Yup a well tested plan
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:happy to help you there Maureen  I've done this a few times ;-)
  Maureen Hilyard:Great!
  Heidi Ullrich:There is a one hour intro session planned for Sunday morning. An intro to ALAC could be included
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Great idea Heidi
  Maureen Hilyard:Ditto..
  Gisella Gruber-White:Doodle for Monday 21 and Tuesday 22 January
  Gisella Gruber-White:Remdiner APRALO call on Tuesday 22 January at 0500 UTC
  Maureen Hilyard:21 and 22 are good for me..
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:We could meet 1 hr before the APRALO monthoy call ( Tue)
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:then reporting to the RALO is frwsh for updates
  Hong Xue:nex call those groups that have no time to report this time should go first.
  Maureen Hilyard:Thanks Cheryl I'll be in touch
  Silvia Vivanco:Thank you and bye all

• No labels