

APRALO Beijing Events Organizing Committee 2013-01-08

AC Chat Transcript

Gisella Gruber-White:Welcome to the APRALO Beijing Events OC on Tuesday 8 January 2013 at 0400 UTC
Gisella Gruber-White:Agenda: <https://community.icann.org/x/xoNZAg>
Maureen Hilyard:Hi everyone. Maureen here. just connecting my audio
Holly Raiche:I am waiting to be called
Maureen Hilyard:I'm muting my mike.. I have a rooster outside who will be trying to compete with me...
Holly Raiche:Hi - I am being called - but then someone hangs up!
Holly Raiche:Hi - don't know why they are getting my voice mail - I answer the call
Cheryl Langdon-Orr:stick with it they will get through eventually this happens to me sometimes
Silvia Vivanco:Hello everyone
Maureen Hilyard:Take care!
Rinalia Abdul Rahim:wow. echoes!!!!
Rinalia Abdul Rahim:Still echoey
Heidi Ullrich:Pavan, will Edmon be able to join?
Maureen Hilyard:Thank you Hong
Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Has it settled Rinalia all OK for me...
Hong Xue:Hi, if another Council Member from CDNUA, Kathy Teng, will be joining us, please accept her. She is in direct contact with the local organizers.
Maureen Hilyard:Pavan.. I haven't received anything in today's mail.
Gisella Gruber-White:Reminder - if you are typing, please mute your mic
Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Neither have I :-(
Hong Xue:I think so, Holly.
Hong Xue:Okay. Sorry I am trying to catch up with the development after December. Willing to work with Paven.
Hong Xue:Pavan, could you please check out at your earliest convenience if At-Large @ China has responded to the invitation?
Rinalia Abdul Rahim 2:Probably an alert to relevant parties that Chinese New Year is coming up in Feb and that Visa application timing should factor that into consideration.
Hong Xue:CNY is in the 2nd week of February. 9-14.
Rinalia Abdul Rahim 2:Thanks, Hong!
Gisella Gruber-White:I have skyped Edmon
Gisella Gruber-White:YJ disconnected - dialling back
Gisella Gruber-White:YJ back
Gisella Gruber-White:back
Silvia Vivanco:Welcome Edmon
Gisella Gruber-White:Edmon - skyping you the HK number and passcode
Edmon:ok thx
Cheryl Langdon-Orr:At this stage I would suggest that IF we need funds for yet to be identified activity we'll meet that when we know more Edmon and I DO need to talk though...
Hong Xue:Holly, there might be other expenses for showcase. But I can update at that item.
Edmon:on the call now
Heidi Ullrich:They are in Beijing atm
Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Edmon it sounds like you and I need to talk perhaps mid next week after the dust has settled from the meetings team visit... Just send me some options OR get Gisella to look at what might work for us both (and anyone else interested) to join Maureen comes to mind at the very least...
Maureen Hilyard:That sounds good to me.. pretty close to what we envisaged. Good one.
Cheryl Langdon-Orr:indeed Maureen
Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Hong is this not what Maureen's WT plan is addressing? (other than any content management of course)
Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Agree totally Hong on contact Management is essential I assume Kathy may assist in that...
Cheryl Langdon-Orr:and of course Staff
Heidi Ullrich:What timing is being considered for the Showcase/Reception?
Heidi Ullrich:So, Monday night?
Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Monday night seems to be the best yes...
Cheryl Langdon-Orr:its the best chance to get rest of ICANN there yes Heidi I agree
Heidi Ullrich:As Hong mentioned, we also need to confirm if interpretation is needed.
Heidi Ullrich:that will impact the logistics.
Heidi Ullrich:Cheryl, I am asking if there will be music/dancing. Also, we need to confirm if interpretation is needed.
Maureen Hilyard:Music/dancing.. we'll check with the ALSes..
Heidi Ullrich:Thanks, Maureen.
Heidi Ullrich:If Fadi and Fadi, etc will be speaking, we will need interpretation.
Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Yup that settles it I'd say
Hong Xue:Agree on Monday. Tuesday night is not a good time to attract participants.
Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Don't hold your breath for the current Regional VP Rinalia I agree
Gisella Gruber-White:General Assembly scheduled on Tuesday evening
Rinalia Abdul Rahim 2:Policy Roundtable: The criteria for the topics are as follows: (1) highly relevant and important to the region and ICANN; (2) require multistakeholder engagement to address. For each topic proposed, recommendations will be solicited on relevant discussion leaders. These discussion leaders should be knowledgeable about the topic/s and respected regionally or globally. We should ideally get discussion leaders from a broad range of stakeholder groups (i.e., government and inter-governmental, business, non-profit/NGO, and end user).
Heidi Ullrich:The GA could also take place Wednesday evening.
Heidi Ullrich:Hong, Dev has agreed to hold such a meeting re wiki training
Cheryl Langdon-Orr:isn't it integral to the newcomers and Fellowship tracks
Hong Xue:Will Capacity building be in separate meetings or merged with Fellowship meetings?
Heidi Ullrich:as Chair of the Technology Taskforce
Cheryl Langdon-Orr:That is Perfect Janoce has her at together
Cheryl Langdon-Orr:merged
Heidi Ullrich:In the past, both a participants mailing list and a wiki have been used.
Heidi Ullrich:You may wish to have a call with them prior to coming to Beijing.
Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Yup a well tested plan

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:happy to help you there Maureen I've done this a few times ;-)

Maureen Hilyard:Great!

Heidi Ullrich:There is a one hour intro session planned for Sunday morning. An intro to ALAC could be included

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Great idea Heidi

Maureen Hilyard:Ditto..

Gisella Gruber-White:Doodle for Monday 21 and Tuesday 22 January

Gisella Gruber-White:Remdiner APRALO call on Tuesday 22 January at 0500 UTC

Maureen Hilyard:21 and 22 are good for me..

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:We could meet 1 hr before the APRALO monthoy call (Tue)

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:then reporting to the RALO is frwsh for updates

Hong Xue:nex call those groups that have no time to report this time should go first.

Maureen Hilyard:Thanks Cheryl I'll be in touch

Silvia Vivanco:Thank you and bye all