TASKS:

TIMELINES:

Name of Person Responsible
Item
Date and TIme
Comment

• No labels

2 Comments

1. Based on the NARALO agenda,  the General Assembly looks more like and AGM. One item that was of great interest in the NARALO GA was about their RoP, particularly about membership.  I am not sure we want to spend that much time on the subject. What I would like to focus on instead are the 'hot topics' that are up for comment, which most likely will include IDNs, gTLDs, the outcomes of the RAA negotiations,   WHOIS issues.  Each should have a brief overview by the APRALO member who has carriage of that issue - explaining the issue and its importance to users.  We can also have a brief introductory session on our RoP.  It would be nice if we could have ALAC members there as well - maybe Olivier, but certainly ALAL members from the AP region.

2. Hi, Holly. Some thoughts in response to yours on the GA.

1. Pre-GA
      It would be really nice if we could have some kind of "breaking the ice" activity for the RALO members in the lead up to the GA so that the community feels like it is a community where people have face recognition before the GA.  Scheduling wise it could be part of the networking activity or part of the overall schedule briefing activity, which should happen early in the week before everything starts.
    2. RoP, 2013 RALO Elections, NomCom
      Quite important to run through key aspects of the RoP.  I think a quick briefing on the upcoming RALO elections in June 2013 would be appropriate as well (as a call for interested candidates).  Also, it would be an opportunity to flag the positions that ICANN NomCom is looking at - deadline is May 2013, so this briefing would be a last call for interested candidates. 
    3. Thematic Discussions
      Would be great if liaisons for key topics could do a short briefing.  The topics you introduced are definitely relevant.
      If we want ALAC members and WG Chairs + Liaisons present, the scheduling of the GA must not clash with anything else that the ALAC is doing.

I think APRALO can manage a 2 hour GA that focuses on (2) and (3).

Best,

Rinalia