Maureen Hilyard:Hi Guys.. Apparently I can only log in as a guest which is why you can't hear me at these meetings...
  Maureen Hilyard:I asked for log in details but they haven't arrived yet
  Gisella Gruber-White:Happy New Year to all
  Maureen Hilyard:Yes Happy New Year everyone
  Holly Raiche:And Happy New Year too - Holly
  Gisella Gruber-White:@ Maureen - there is no sound through the Adobe Connect - you have to dial-into the telephone bridge. We are happy to dial-out to you
  Rinalia Abdul Rahim:Hi everyone.
  Maureen Hilyard:OK do you want my landline number ?
  Silvia Vivanco:Hello everyone Happy New Year!
  Rinalia Abdul Rahim:Gisella, is Adigo going to call me on my landline?
  Pavan Budhrani:hi all, i am on the call but on mute, my cough is terrible
  Heidi Ullrich:Happy 2012, everyone!
  Hong Xue:Happy New Year to Everyone!
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:Happy New Year Hong & everyone!
  Charles Mok:Hi all, happy new year. We have a long list of items this time : )
  Rinalia Abdul Rahim:More than the 7 listed?
  CLO:hi everyone  Happy 2012  there is a problem diling me in :-(  so I'll see how I go via Skype *shudder*
  Charles Mok:Are we waiting for dialouts to be done?
  Charles Mok:Just seeing when we may start the call
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:You sound a lot better on skype than when they call you
  Maureen Hilyard:Can I have the skype details and try that too?
  Gisella Gruber-White:@ Maureen - can you please send me your number via private chat?
  Charles Mok:Gisella, should we start?
  Hong Xue:Could the staff show us the full list of call-in participants?
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:Just call any of the toll free numbers in any country using skype. It's free.
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:(include full country code)
  Hong Xue:Hey, I called in as well. Please add to attendee list.
  CLO:echo
  CLO:I'm already muted
  Rinalia Abdul Rahim:Can Charles speak louder?  He sounds really faint.
  Rinalia Abdul Rahim:Better!
  Heidi Ullrich:Action Items: https://community.icann.org/display/APRALO/APRALO+Action+Items+25.10.2011
  CLO:sound  good  echo bad
  Heidi Ullrich:Adigo is working to find the echo
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:I can also hear an echo; Someone's on speakerphone
  Hong Xue:Echoing is horrible. I cannot hear really.
  CLO:better  thanks  
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:echo's gone now
  Heidi Ullrich:Apologies, the November Action Items are available at: https://community.icann.org/display/APRALO/APRALO+29-11-2011+Action+items
  Hong Xue:I think we should have the roll call after the line can be heard clearly.  I did not hear my name called at all.
  CLO:Re the FoI WG  matter  then Next  Section (2 Significantly Interested Parties) Call for comment will be open  later this month ...  The 1st  section (Consent)  closed  end  Dec.
  CLO:the  next  (3 section Revocation )is being worked on by the WG  now  AND IS a MONSTER ISSUE  SO NOT SURE WHEN IT WILL BE 'OUT'
  CLO:*shudder*
  CLO:but expect  before March  ICANn meeting
  CLO:So far  I'm  very happy  tnat what is out  is  fine  for us to just  let it go through as is ( I have been VERY active in the WG  getting the  nimenclayture right any way ;-)
  Heidi Ullrich:ALAC Statement on Thick Whois was approved by the ALAC last week: https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/30345624/ALAC+Statement+on+the+Preliminary+Issue+Report+on+%E2%80%98Thick%E2%80%99+Whois.pdf?version=1&modificationDate=1324760456000
  Heidi Ullrich:FY13 Budget Development Workspace: https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+FY13+Budget+Development+Workspace+-+2012
  CLO:other news  from ccNSO  Liaison  POV  is the application for membership of ccNSO of .IP   to join  and in Dec  the approval of  .NC  ( New Caledonia)
  CLO:I'm already  rep  tii this WG  for the RALO
  Heidi Ullrich:This link contains the new FY13 template for requests
  CLO:we need an ALAC  Member from the region  in the WG  though
  Rinalia Abdul Rahim:im hearing echo.
  CLO:yes
  Heidi Ullrich:Adigo is trying to find the source of the echo.
  CLO:yes Hong we can hear you
  Heidi Ullrich:Apologies for the inconvenience.
  Heidi Ullrich:Cheryl, your line has been muted.
  CLO:I've muted from hear
  CLO:here
  CLO:so if Adigo has done so as well I have no idea why and how to unmyute
  CLO:  I hope Sala  might  keep bringing  tnings  back to an AP focus  as will on this  and of course this includes online  Acaday  offerings  as welll
  Gisella Gruber-White:@ Cheryl - line unmuted
  CLO:OCL
  Rinalia Abdul Rahim:yes echo
  Gisella Gruber-White:@ Cheryl - your line is muted
  Heidi Ullrich:CLO, you're muted again.
  Heidi Ullrich:We'll unmute you whenever you wish to speak
  CLO:Again  I have also mutted  here as well
  Heidi Ullrich:ok
  CLO:locally muted  still though ;-P
  CLO:Dec  would have been nice ;-)
  CLO:Dec  20`11
  Hong Xue:Could Sala or Olivier let us know if the Academy WG limits to one member one region? If not, I'd happy to volunteer.
  CLO:You would be an excellent addition Hing
  Heidi Ullrich:The WG is open to all
  CLO:Hong  sorry typo :=(
  Heidi Ullrich:There is, however, a Program Commitee, which has one rep from each region.
  Heidi Ullrich:Sala is the APRALO rep on the Program Committee.
  Hong Xue:Thank so much.
  CLO:Must be an ALAC  Member  we have 2 from RALO
  Holly Raiche:On working group for Aademy, I'd be happy to join if there is room
  Heidi Ullrich:FBSC membership list: https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/ALAC+Subcommittee+on+Finance+and+Budget
  Heidi Ullrich:I'll add you, Holly.
  CLO:B&F  is a small group
  CLO:each RALO needs their own  B&F
  CLO:to get infor and planning in to the ALAC  one
  CLO:main thing is to HAVE  APRALO focus...
  Hong Xue:sorry  I meant th Academy WG, not Budget one. My math is very bad-:)
  CLO:must  have a Regional WG  as well
  CLO:@ Hing :-)
  CLO:typo again :-(  sorry HOng
  Heidi Ullrich:Linke to ALAC statement on Thick Whois is posted above.
  CLO:RE  B&F-SC   this is an excerpt form an email from OCL...all requests for funding need to be received by ICANN Finance until 20thJanuary 2012, which means that we need to make sure that RALOs get theirrequests to us by 10th January. I therefore think that a good dialoguewith regions is important and there is no better dialogue than havingactive individuals from At-Large's 5 regions also involved in the ALACF&B sub-committee.
  Heidi Ullrich:Charles, are yhou moving the pods?
  Heidi Ullrich:I see everyone except staff are presenters rather than participants
  Heidi Ullrich:I'm not sure why this is.
  Heidi Ullrich:However, please could you not change the pods?
  Charles Mok:Sorry, I saw it changed and was trying to change it back.... will try not to touch it again :P
  CLO:Further on B&F  this excerpt  from an email to the SC on 6th Dec...  The revised deadline to submitadditional requests is therefore January 20th 2012 as indicated inparagraph 3 below.The process we are suggesting to retain for FY 13 is as follows:1.     Please complete the attached request template for each individualnew resource or activity that your community is requesting. The form hasbeen designed to give you an opportunity to describe in detail theactualscope of the activity you propose, how it relates to the currentStrategic Plan, and how the funds are to be implemented.2.     We ask that you give consideration to the number of requests andto the priority of the requests prior to submitting them. By noting therespective priorities of your requests it will make it easier toevaluate the requests from various community groups. Indicating all ofthem with a high priority will have the opposite effect to the onedesired: it will make it more difficult to take into account any of your equests, and/or it will
  CLO:and it goes  on..
  CLO: Charles  you will have a copy  on tnhat date
  CLO:I can nit find  the email rsent to Regional Leads  sorry..
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:re: IANA Contract the only information I have is that a decision is expected to be made in the next two months -- from the email which Steve Crocker sent to the SO & AC Chairs and which I have forwarded to thealac announce list. No further info beyond that.
  Gisella Gruber-White:@ Cheryl - your line is muted again
  CLO:Sala
  CLO:Charles  can we doodle a mod nmonth call with  your RALO Leadership the ALAC reps  and me *as I have the corp knowledge)  on the working smrter not harder topic?  if nnot this minth  then in Feb...  as prep  for ICANN  #43 please
  CLO:Re the  Public Comments  process  the  new  two rounds   system  is being tested as a wiki base project...  I expect  this  to be useful  for all of us in AP  when released  early this year...
  CLO:APRALO  wiki space needs to support  these efforts  with appropriate links, blogs, reference materials  teleconf  as required  in region  to assist ALS input
  CLO:and individual  input  of course...
  CLO:perhaps at this years APrIGF  we can have a hybrid  online  and F2F  sessionn  on 'better engagement in ICANN and Internet Governance Issues
  Maureen Hilyard:Sounds great (Maureen lurking in the wings)....
  Charles Mok:To CLO: yes, let's set up such a call among APRALO leadership. Can staff help us make the arrangement?
  CLO:therby getting peope used to the ICANN wiki way of the future  as well as the other policy work opportunities in other parts of the IG 'world'
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:ICANN academy WG membership list: https://community.icann.org/x/OACzAQ
  Hong Xue:Thanks/
  Heidi Ullrich:Charles, could you please state the AI re the APRALO leadership call you would like staff to set up?
  CLO:Doodle  to begin with...  see my comment above
  CLO:but  Matt and Silvia  need ti be involved in it as well
  CLO:we would also need a new wiki page up for this as well...
  CLO:fairly  high up in the APRALO Wiki page tree
  Heidi Ullrich:yes, of course. trying to get the exact wording of the AI: Staff to send Doodle to APRALO leadership and CLO for a call in early February on the issue of working smarter not harder.
  Heidi Ullrich:is that AI text correct?
  CLO:Yes  indeed
  Heidi Ullrich:ok, will send to Siliva and Gisella to set up
  CLO:brain stormimg  yes  een share a white board ;-)
  CLO:Not  yet it isn't  but  tnei year APRALO  must be a pheonix  as well as a Dragon ;-)
  Heidi Ullrich:Staff  also want to work smarter, not harder ;)
  CLO:Thanks  Charles
  Rinalia Abdul Rahim:TQ!
  Heidi Ullrich:so taking care of AIs during the meeting!
  CLO:Thanks  all Bye.
  Hong Xue:bye
  Sivasubramanian M:Thank you

• No labels