Yesim Nazlar: (3/11/2018 09:58) Hello, my name is Yeşim Nazlar and I will be monitoring this chat room. In this role, I am the voice for the remote participants, ensuring that they are heard equally with those who are “in-room” participants. When submitting a question that you want me to read out loud on the mic, please provide your name and affiliation if you have one, start your sentence with <QUESTION> and end it with <QUESTION>. When submitting a comment that you want me to read out loud of the mic, once again provide your name and affiliation if you have one then start your sentence with a <COMMENT> and end it with <COMMENT>.  Text outside these quotes will be considered as part of “chat” and will not be read out loud on the mic. Any questions or comments provided outside of the session time will not be read aloud. Please note that audio is available in French and Spanish. All chat sessions are being archived and follow the ICANN Expected Standards of Behavior: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.icann.org_resources_pages_expected-2Dstandards-2D2016-2D06-2D2&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=mrDeztziKLa7gZqGADzxcnHA3QXmXYsnChWYBR4NElI&m=ws6fbP7M05qwNYF8UJst_T2SAKSbCkLNECx0IDCUjwM&s=-e3eY-K_5xbNJtthlqZzHi2uc8cE3aSaKiZdTCnbGnU&e=

Javier Rúa-Jovet: (10:06) ...bit late...

Jonathan Zuck: (10:24) Hmm. Perhaps I could have made it to the room afterall...

Yesim Nazlar: (10:25) Hello all, we'll be starting in 5mins.

Isaac Maposa: (10:26) Ok, noted.

Harold Arcos: (10:30) Thanks @Yesim

Wale Bakare: (10:55) What does the acronym RDS stand for?

Jonathan Zuck: (10:56) Registrant Data Services

Wale Bakare: (10:58) Thanks, Jonathan. That is good for the benefit of those who are not familiar with those acronyms

Jonathan Zuck: (10:59) People have referred to it as "whois" but that was simply the mechanism to query the data

Daniel K. Nanghaka: (11:00) This time it is more than querying the data but also make sure that the data is valid

Jonathan Zuck: (11:03) We use it to steal from people as well

Daniel K. Nanghaka: (11:05) The biggest challenge in the RDS-WG is driving consensus

Wale Bakare: (11:06) Implementation mechanism should go along with the type of enforcement policy of who should access what, when

Daniel K. Nanghaka: (11:07) @Wale, we have been discussing a lot of user requirements and it is not time to draw conclusion because there is more considerations

Jonathan Zuck: (11:08) Agreed

Wale Bakare: (11:12) Sure @Daniel but best approach should be sought to implementation to make a distinct, efficient platform.

Jonathan Zuck: (11:15) We have NO CLUE what they'll accept and they don't either. We just need a stated purpose

Jonathan Zuck: (11:19) Let's not say that being paid to support a position somehow makes it less legit

Daniel K. Nanghaka: (11:19) @Jonathan, that is a possibility

Daniel K. Nanghaka: (11:20) there are more opinions and idealogies in the process and the models to be adopted in the implementation

John Laprise: (11:22) Note that part of GNSO PDP process in early stage requires "GNSO Council considers if issue will result in consensus policy."...

Daniel K. Nanghaka: (11:30) i agree, but we cannot wait for GNSO council - consensus is the main thing

Lianna Galstyan: (11:56) Greetings to all from Armenia!

Daniel K. Nanghaka: (11:56) Hello Lianna

Yesim Nazlar: (12:03) Thank you for your participation. The meeting is now adjourned.

• No labels