You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.

Compare with Current View Page History

« Previous Version 4 Next »

Instructions:

1. Please use the <Edit Contents> menu option (directly above) to complete this form. Remember to <Save> the page (bottom right) after making updates.
  2. Travelers are asked to collaborate as a team in pulling together the appropriate information.
  3. This Trip Assessment form will be automatically associated with its related Proposal; therefore, no duplicate traveler identification information is required.
  4. The information fields are 'richtext' so that they can accommodate tables, links, images, attachments, and other formatting capabilities that may be useful in explaining/describing the Trip.
  5. This form may be edited/saved as many times as needed. When completed, please fill out the completion date in question no.4 on the form and notify your Program Coordinator (PC) for further processing.
STAFF USE ONLY
Assessment
Status 

Trip Assessments should be completed within three (3) weeks of the traveler's return date.

Trip Assessment Form

LINK TO TRIP PROPOSAL:  EURALO Trip Proposal 1

1) Describe the Trip in sufficient detail
that an interested reader could understand Who,
What, When, Where, and Why concerning this
funded CROP activity (please be as expansive
as possible):  

CROP Funded Traveler – Wale Bakare

I was one of the EURALO members, and EURALO CROP funded participant that attended the 12th Internet Governance Forum (IGF) 2017 in Geneva, Switzerland.

This report highlights my participation and events involved in at the IGF in Geneva, 17 – 20 December 2017.

17 December - Day 0

ICANN session - DNS and Emerging Identifiers (Including DOA)

I attended the ICANN session on, the DNS and Emerging Identifiers. The discussions were interesting, those include the IoT devices/systems, the vulnerability of IoT devices. 

During question time, I raised a point about the management of the proprietary IoT devices. "How often do the IoT devices, like the one used in the session gets the firmware updated?”  

18 December -  Day 1

WS50 -  Data is the New Oil-Sharing the Digital Economy of MENA Session

I attended the WS50 – Data is the New Oil – Sharing the Digital Economy of MENA. The session was full of participants and focus was on the digital economy.

My contributions to the WS50 session by suggesting the following for, enterprises and others to effectively leveraging data as a key element for budget planning, sustainability, and growth etcetera:

Comment#1. A focused strategic plan that is ingrained in essential elements like resources and capability management for the enterprise of different size. 

Comment#2. Continuous innovative process: I suggested that attention and energy be channel towards a process which can optimize innovations. In addition, another approach – the democratization of the innovative process by involving the information disseminators the end users, data controllers and miners such as Facebook, Google, and Twitter.

IGF Opening Ceremony

Wale attended the opening ceremony of the IGF 2017.

19 December - Day 2

WS91 Policy Challenges for AI Development Session

I attended the Policy Challenges for Artificial Intelligence Development session. The discussions at the WS91 session were engaging and exciting.  

My question to the panelists of the WS91 session:

Question: “The underlined technology of AI is software systems, which rely heavily on the formalization and modeling for the verification and authenticity of the algorithms. 

Do you (panelists) think the processes and methodologies be enshrined in the policy frameworks of AI? Would that help to extenuate the concerns and challenges of AI?” 

Response from Satish Babu, a member of the panel: “He said most AI developers/vendors like big firms may not comply with such a policy”. 

Response from another panelist: Thought the question may be difficult for the panelists to answer but, he said that AI is at the very early stage and any policy development process might come to fore as the development, deployment, and adoption progress. 

Following that, a representative of the IEEE in the room chipped and mentioned an initiative on AI's ethics and policy by IEEE. The At-Large members present at the WS91 session -  Glenn and Satish suggested that the question is directed to the team in charge of AI policy development at ISOC and IEEE.

19 December - Day 2

NRIs Collaborative Session: Digital Currency and Blockchain Technology

I was one of the attendees of Digital Currency and Blockchain Technology.

My contribution: question to one of the speakers to clarify why he thinks the emerging blockchain technology would be immune to governance and government control

19 December - Day 2

ICANN – Looking Ahead: Challenges and Opportunities (OF50)

Wale attended the interactive ICANN session where some of the contemporary issues were discussed.

19 December - Day 2

At-Large Booth

Wale volunteered at the At-Large Booth. I helped with At-Large outreach and engagement; got new potential and interested individual internet end users registered on At-Large paper. I assisted with At-Large brochures and other marketing items.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1sIeZecgH7LeyUuPmT4Vo7Z5NoXePhfpnW9O4d0rqu_w/edit?ts=5a42899d

Other Events

·         IGF reception

·         Joint ICANN/ISOC reception

2) Explain the extent to which the Proposed
Goals and Outcomes were accomplished
(see above LINK to review the original Proposal):  

To build on the areas (questions raised) relevant to the ICANN’s mission such as, IoT governance, emerging DNS, and furtherance of the outreach for EURALO.

Those highlighted areas, as well as the questions, would be a continuous work within EURALO.  

3) Additional information pertaining
to this outreach Trip (optional):
4) Please fill out the date when you have completed this form:24-Jan-2018
Acknowledgements Section

Note: To be completed by a Program Coordinator (PC) designated by this organization/structure.

AcknowledgementsConfirmed?NameDateNotes
The Trip Assessment information has been gathered and properly entered into this form.
The ICANN Organization / Structure's leadership has authorized the submission of this Trip Assessment.
The ICANN Stakeholder Engagement Vice-President has concurred that this Trip Assessment satisfactorily reports the extent to which the goals/outcomes outlined in the original proposal have been achieved.
  =======================================================

CROP Trip Assessment Template (May 2017)

• No labels
For questions, comments, suggestions, or technical support concerning this space, please email: CROP Staff
© 2017 Internet Corporation For Assigned Names and Numbers