Gisella Gruber:Welcome to the ALAC Monthly call on Tuesday 28 November 2017 at 21:00 UTC

Gisella Gruber:Agenda: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_1gxyB&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=PqnmlD10aN3cxIHyiUf_hNf25P6Dsv7dJM6flBzRrBs&m=xTkgOD5YHJXddpImgr0TA9xArUuSVeZ8acAAH_bYQ74&s=gyrxfB2uPM6GUdmOOUpinmFbqDLS46qU5T8AP9yUYiM&e=

Krishna Seeburn - Kris:Hi barack

Chokri Ben Romdhane:bonsoir gisella on commence quand?

Gisella Gruber:Bonsoir Chorkri! Dans 35minutes

Gisella Gruber:Good evening all

Gisella Gruber:we have another 35min to go

Barrack Otieno:Hi Kris, hi Gisella good to e-see you all, just waiting for the call to start

Krishna Seeburn - Kris:we have some time ....and good to see all again

Gisella Gruber:Chokri - merci de me faire savoir si vous souhaitez participer en francais

Chokri ben Romdhane:je continue en anglais pour  cette fois

Chokri ben Romdhane:merci

Gabriel BOMBAMBO:GISELLA,  bonsoir

Gisella Gruber:Welcome to all those who have joined!

Heidi Ullrich:Welcome, All!

Krishna Seeburn - Kris:holly knows how to have fun

Krishna Seeburn - Kris::)

Vanda Scartezini:hi everyone. wonderful spring time around here...

Wale Bakare:Hi all

Ricardo Holmquist:Good day everyone

Holly Raiche:@Ed - how is Puewro Rico  now phone, other services?

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond:please unsync agenda

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond:thanks!

Eduardo Diaz:@Holly: getting better. I move to an apartment that I have in the COndado area (turistic area) that has all services up and running. Services around the island are coming back little by litlle but everyday you see improvements

Holly Raiche:Good news Ed

Eduardo Diaz:Thnaks for asking

Javier Rúa-Jovet:Hi!

Holly Raiche:Welcome Javier

Javier Rúa-Jovet:Hi Holly!

Raymond Mamattah (Ghana):Thanks

Alberto Soto:Hola a todos, hello all!!

Glenn McKnight:hOLA Alberto

Javier Rúa-Jovet:Hola Beto!

Abdeldjalil Bachar Bong:hello from Chad / bousoir Depuis le Tchad

Alberto Soto:Hola Javier!!

Maureen Hilyard:Hi everyone

judith hellerstein:Hi Abdeldjalil how was IGF Chad

Sarah Kiden:Hi everyone

wafa Dahmani:hi everyone

Javier Rúa-Jovet:Hi Sara

Javier Rúa-Jovet:Hi Wafa

wafa Dahmani:Hi Javier

judith hellerstein:Glad to hear this Eduardo

wafa Dahmani (ccnso liaison):nice to e-meet u Javier

Javier Rúa-Jovet:same Wafa!

Abdeldjalil Bachar Bong:hello Judith thanks it was well wonderful shortly we will share the report on IGFREGIONALS list

wafa Dahmani (ccnso liaison):@abdeljalil how to join the IGFREGIONALS list

Javier Rúa-Jovet:I forbid you, Gisella, from having perfect pronunciation in more than 4 languages.

Holly Raiche:Bad luck Javier!

Javier Rúa-Jovet:what no prizes!????

Holly Raiche:(I am always wonderfully surprised at how weell every name is pronounced!

Javier Rúa-Jovet:No comment

Holly Raiche:Ten elephant stars for Gisella

Vanda Scartezini:agree Javier, impressive!!! I thought only hungarians could speak all alnguages with few accent.

Sarah Kiden:Thumbs up, Gisella!

Gisella Gruber:Thank you :-)

Abdeldjalil Bachar Bong:@Wafa plus facile faut rejoindre le mailinglist https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__intgovforum.org_mailman_listinfo_igfregionals-5Fintgovforum.org&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=PqnmlD10aN3cxIHyiUf_hNf25P6Dsv7dJM6flBzRrBs&m=xTkgOD5YHJXddpImgr0TA9xArUuSVeZ8acAAH_bYQ74&s=mOi-A-WVm5wTCfpmZdCNEyGieLmnIJtQ7JgCvlguP0A&e=  ou Aussi envoyer une requête au secrétariat de IGF au AGENGO@unog.ch

Glenn McKnight:The  NARALO newsletter will add a section on  Policy Briefs

wafa Dahmani (ccnso liaison):@abdeljalil thx

Ariel Liang:Wiki for the statement: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_GJNEB&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=PqnmlD10aN3cxIHyiUf_hNf25P6Dsv7dJM6flBzRrBs&m=xTkgOD5YHJXddpImgr0TA9xArUuSVeZ8acAAH_bYQ74&s=ux3KgaoEH-FZUtNam6ncLYkCQnU1ww4SlgwHtCvJC1Y&e=

Ariel Liang:pls scroll to the bottom

Glenn McKnight:What  is the normal   Generally Accepted Accounting Practices for  reserves.     GAAP

judith hellerstein:Yes always impressed by this

Gisella Gruber:@ All - if you have a question or comment, please raise your hands in the Adobe Connect room or alternatively, please type into the AC chat and we will make note of this

Glenn McKnight:Interesting can't seem to use the Private chat feature in Adobe today

judith hellerstein:@glenn it works for me

Glenn McKnight:yes it works, one sec

Alberto Soto:@Glenn, it works for me too

Glenn McKnight:nope tried to judith. I did get hers

Glenn McKnight:Cheryl is hard to understand

Javier Rúa-Jovet:choppy sound

Heidi Ullrich:@Cheryl, very choppy audio

Glenn McKnight:a bit better

Glenn McKnight:she is fine now

Javier Rúa-Jovet:bit better

Javier Rúa-Jovet:choppy again

Holly Raiche:Sound quality not good

Abdeldjalil Bachar Bong:my question @ What are the importance of having the reserve fund for internet users? if yes how they will impact us ?

Vanda Scartezini:better now

Gisella Gruber:@ Cheryl - we are disconnecting you and dialling out to you again as very bad audio

judith hellerstein:@cheryl can you post it in the chat the link to it.  As I could not really hear her

Glenn McKnight:GAAP  sets the standard

Glenn McKnight:1 year isn't unusual

Ariel Liang:Background doc about the reserved fund: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.icann.org_en_system_files_files_draft-2Dreserve-2Dfund-2D12oct17-2Den.pdf&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=PqnmlD10aN3cxIHyiUf_hNf25P6Dsv7dJM6flBzRrBs&m=xTkgOD5YHJXddpImgr0TA9xArUuSVeZ8acAAH_bYQ74&s=sS-ohZXKt1ApS3trjnjKGKw8HOdx8LT5qNnNaO-4_qk&e=

Gisella Gruber:Welcome Justine!

Krishna Seeburn - Kris:RIRs have been working on 24-36 months

Abdeldjalil Bachar Bong:thanks Ariel for the link

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO - AU):I apologise for audio I doubt it will be improved much but I can try with a headset if needs be

Wale Bakare:Are we really talking about financial practices based on, individual not-for-profit organization or we need to benchmark on the future projection and financial climate, let say, in next 15 years?

judith hellerstein:HI Sebastien-- I agree with you

Glenn McKnight:https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__smallbusiness.chron.com_gaap-2Dguidelines-2Dcalculate-2Doperating-2Dreserves-2D81675.html&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=PqnmlD10aN3cxIHyiUf_hNf25P6Dsv7dJM6flBzRrBs&m=xTkgOD5YHJXddpImgr0TA9xArUuSVeZ8acAAH_bYQ74&s=394CNHbuKF5NPZwAczBrPngx5-aCt-bahjsa7MVNxZo&e=

Krishna Seeburn - Kris:that is fact alan

Holly Raiche:It shouldbe in erms of months - not an amount

Maureen Hilyard:Thank you for the summaries Alan.. maybe its my line but I had difficulty hearing Sebastian important issues distinctly

bartlett morgan:disagree with Sebastian on fixed number

judith hellerstein:alan-Yes that is what they did recently with the budget

Heidi Ullrich:ALAC Members are the 15 members of the AT-Large Advisory Committee

Bastiaan Goslings:I agree with Alan

Javier Rúa-Jovet:I disagree with absolute number

Alberto Soto:I agree with Alan

wafa Dahmani:please mute when you are not speaking

Bastiaan Goslings:I think number of staff is another topic / discussion

Hadia Elminiawi:agree with Sabastian

Vanda Scartezini:my experience is working with a percentage of the full income

Sebastien (ALAC):We have to use the tool whe can! @Bastiaan

judith hellerstein:I agree with Holly

Vanda Scartezini:she said IS

judith hellerstein:That is what I believe

Vanda Scartezini:Ig ree with Holly too

Gisella Gruber:Beran Dondeh and Julie Hammer have joined the call - welcome!

BERAN DONDEH GILLEN:Hello everyone

BERAN DONDEH GILLEN:apologies for being late

Ariel Liang:I;m not on mute

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO - AU):Judith it took me a short time to find the link to the streaming of the GNSO Council calls which is the only link to the discussion regarding GNSO Council input on the Reserve Fund it is  at 2100 UTC on Nov 30th  https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__stream.icann.org-3A8000_GNSO.m3u&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=PqnmlD10aN3cxIHyiUf_hNf25P6Dsv7dJM6flBzRrBs&m=xTkgOD5YHJXddpImgr0TA9xArUuSVeZ8acAAH_bYQ74&s=dpnGEYRiuLNWeG_Ec8dBCWXWzaFV50Kfo46ZnLmunjQ&e=

Holly Raiche:Could we please see the policy  page

Gisella Gruber:Welcome Leon!

Leon Sanchez:Hello everyone!

Leon Sanchez:Apologies for lateness

Leon Sanchez:I am hearing

Vanda Scartezini:everyone

Hadia Elminiawi:yes alan

Gisella Gruber:@ All - APOLOGIES to all - we are dealing with the audio issues

Heidi Ullrich:At times it takes a bit of time to sort audio issues. Thanks for your patience.

Holly Raiche:Could we please have he ability to move the agenda

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO - AU):all but the Staff a

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO - AU):Accountability one are a

Javier Rúa-Jovet:Hola León!

Leon Sanchez:Hola Javier! Ya falta menos para ir a Puerto Rico!

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO - AU):are already in drafting mode Tijani

Hadia Elminiawi:@tijani I can be on the jurisdiction

Maureen Hilyard:Hi all - dropped AC for a minute.. missed some conversation

Ariel Liang:https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_eAlyB&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=PqnmlD10aN3cxIHyiUf_hNf25P6Dsv7dJM6flBzRrBs&m=xTkgOD5YHJXddpImgr0TA9xArUuSVeZ8acAAH_bYQ74&s=ar_-4qWkXWLyNnAHbLHMx_sjmVi-dDGEnRbfXxy6HtQ&e=

Holly Raiche:Happy to have a look

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO - AU):though that seems set to at least 2 people as well

Gisella Gruber:Matthew Rantanen has joined the AC room - welcome Matthew!

Javier Rúa-Jovet:Así es, Leon!

judith hellerstein:I will contribute my thoughts to WS2 Diversity

Vanda Scartezini:Tijani, jurisdiction  I can hold a pen fi I can work with other colleague too

Matthew Rantanen:@Gisella, FYI I was on the Adigo Bridge from the beginning, but could not speak for some reason. please count me as present. Thanks

Gisella Gruber:@ Matthew - you are on our list :-)

Hadia Elminiawi:@ vanda would love to work with you

Matthew Rantanen:Thank you very much. Happy to be back to the Adobe connect

Bastiaan Goslings:I think I am gpping to be busy here

Vanda Scartezini:ok - which is the dead line?

Ariel Liang:CCT-RT related public comment: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_6Q9yB&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=PqnmlD10aN3cxIHyiUf_hNf25P6Dsv7dJM6flBzRrBs&m=xTkgOD5YHJXddpImgr0TA9xArUuSVeZ8acAAH_bYQ74&s=3HENUNL5JuAGWF4GuZrydmWm08kmWsLeg7kaluG-Rjk&e=

Ricardo Holmquist:@Bastian: you are going to comment on the Staff one?, if so i can help

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO - AU):we should get operating standards for ICANN Specific Reviews

Krishna Seeburn - Kris:i'll work with holly

Gisella Gruber:on the phone: Abdulkarim Ayopo Oloyede

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO - AU):yes

Ariel Liang:Abdulkarim Ayopo Oloyede

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO - AU):excellent

BERAN DONDEH GILLEN:Abdulkarim

Hadia Elminiawi:I'll work with Vanda on the jurisdiction

Barrack Otieno:ok

Vanda Scartezini:hadia, dead line?

Hadia Elminiawi:not sure I think december 15

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO - AU):as I said in the ALT call I can't hold pen but can assist

Bastiaan Goslings:Nobody has written anything

Bastiaan Goslings:(as far as I know)

Glenn McKnight:@javier  can you email a briefing not on policy issues pending for the NARALO newsletter

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO - AU):and of course you can all make your own comments

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO - AU):that would aid drafting

judith hellerstein:Thanks alan

BERAN DONDEH GILLEN:Please put me down for Diversity to aid Judith

judith hellerstein:What about several of the decertifications for naralo

judith hellerstein:there are several groyps that do not exist

Glenn McKnight:they have been sent months ago

Matthew Rantanen:Is there a deadline to submit a new NARALO ALS?

Glenn McKnight:No deadline

judith hellerstein:yes but they have not been added to the system

Glenn McKnight:America Online  VIBUG,  ISOC Disabled and Special Needs  were submitted months ago

Evin Erdogdu:Please refer to Decertification Workspace: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_display_atlarge_At-2DLarge-2BStructure-2BDecertification-2BWorkspace&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=PqnmlD10aN3cxIHyiUf_hNf25P6Dsv7dJM6flBzRrBs&m=xTkgOD5YHJXddpImgr0TA9xArUuSVeZ8acAAH_bYQ74&s=WhfHoHV3Co18u_ARCDSm6ckp7DvOuTLKgAo86TU4bqE&e=

Silvia Vivanco:Judith please send the relevant data to add to the due diligence (if there is new info)

Glenn McKnight:Yes  we will followup with Silvia

Evin Erdogdu:Thank you, Judith and Glenn

Silvia Vivanco:Thank you Glenn, please send us any new data to support decertification

Glenn McKnight:Good  point Alan

judith hellerstein:thanks alan

Glenn McKnight:We will followup with Silvia on the list

judith hellerstein:I agree with tijani

Glenn McKnight:@Silvia we should setup a call when free

Silvia Vivanco:@ Glenn sure

Julie Hammer:Nothing from me

Glenn McKnight:No  update on new  NARALO  ALS or Unaffiliated members

Glenn McKnight:We are working on some leads from our last CROP trip

Sebastien (ALAC):AI Add a column with the total number of Countries & Territories by region

Glenn McKnight:News   Two of the  NARALO  ALS  is holding ICANN 60  Readouts.  Judith can talk about here event last night .   ISOC SFC  is pending  on Dec 5th

Glenn McKnight:@ Judith are you going to speak on the  Readout>

judith hellerstein:if people are interested. I can

Glenn McKnight:The readouts are good idea.  I spoke with Marita to help her in Ottawa

judith hellerstein:The Outreach groups should also work with ther other consituencies Outreach and engagement

Krishna Seeburn - Kris:@ Alan agree with you

Sarah Kiden:I agree with Alan's proposal

Eduardo Diaz:I recommend to hava only one Chair and a one Secretary as leaders of this group

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO - AU):That really doesn't assist woth Regional balance though Eduardo

Holly Raiche:Whatever he structure,, there should be at least one representative from each RALO

judith hellerstein:as I understand the co-chairs were sleected to make sure all regions were represented

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO - AU):The co-Chairs *should have rotated roles in leadership

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO - AU):Correct Judith

Krishna Seeburn - Kris:I will support tijani

Glenn McKnight:The co chairs were organized by region

Glenn McKnight:its only 4 cochairs

judith hellerstein:I agree with the idea of having co-chairs for each region

Krishna Seeburn - Kris:so we need to sort out the communications issues

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO - AU):There was never meant to be a Snr Chair, I suspect it was a wiki listing artifact OCL  where an Interim Chair ended  listed as Chair  

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO - AU):There was never meant to be a Snr Chair, I suspect it was a wiki listing artifact OCL  where an Interim Chair ended  listed as Chair \

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO - AU):lets face it our wiki's are often in need of update hardly suprising

Glenn McKnight:More important issues is  having a plan and communication across  the community

Maureen Hilyard:@Cheryl Especially the wikis relating to our WGs - they are of out of date

Eduardo Diaz:I think we need a charter fro this group so everyone knows what to expect and its role within it

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO - AU):No the Co Chairs have specific responsabilities including ensuring the Regional Outreach plans are synched

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO - AU):indeed Maureen!

Ricardo Holmquist:Agree with Alan proposition, also, with one chair, 4 co chair. The chair rotating every x months

Eduardo Diaz:@Cheryl: can you point out where are these responsabilities set?

Maureen Hilyard:As a member of the O&E co-Chair group, each of us liaising with our RALOs, we got along really well and coordinated as Cheryl said according to our own responsibilities. The co_Chairs could have changed by the RALOs if they wanted a change

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO - AU):AGree with you OCL

Bastiaan Goslings:@Maureen: hahaha, 'As a member of the O&E co-Chair group'

Eduardo Diaz:@MAureen: if it is working, why it is being discussed here?

Sarah Kiden:Probably working for some RALOs

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO - AU):Because Alan nted the Chair as well as CoChair listing in the Wiki

judith hellerstein:I agree with olivier

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO - AU):No Alan we did not intend ti have a Snr Chair

Maureen Hilyard:@Eduardo the responsibilities were set at the O&E meetings.. which other members attended and contributed to.. and the meetings were shared among the group

Glenn McKnight:Can we move on the issue of the past  chair issue

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO - AU):DITCH the Chair notation off the wiki then

Glenn McKnight:wasting time

Abdeldjalil Bachar Bong:we can discuss during OE CALL about that

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO - AU):seems so Glenn

judith hellerstein:I think the RALOs should be able to name as many people as possible. why limit it to 2 people

Eduardo Diaz:@MAureen: if that is the case they should have been written somewhere for people  like me.

Holly Raiche:Can we just agree to have each RALO represented and the group then decide its structure

Bastiaan Goslings:+1 Holly

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO - AU):Holly that was always the design

Glenn McKnight:@holly  makes sense to me

Glenn McKnight:let the new group decide

Maureen Hilyard:@Holly that was what happened before and an agreement about the co-chairs was made by the O&E group.. but we can see that there needs to be a change

Hadia Elminiawi:+1 Holly

Abdeldjalil Bachar Bong:I agree with tijani that Ralo can appoint a member from their ralo even if different from RALO team

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO - AU):Amm APRALO certinly appointed Maureen

Maureen Hilyard:But people have to come to the meetings, and do the work when we are preparing for outreach at each ICANN meeting. Its has usually been left to the same people. The IGF outreach is an example

Glenn McKnight:I will be representing NARALO and we are seeking a second person from the membership

Holly Raiche:Nothing to add from me

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO - AU):Glenn as OCL stated the CoChairs  from my observations as a regular attendee/member of the O&E committee works quuite well with each other , Sure having 2 more formal appointments  to the Committee  is fine but really I am unsure other thn a wiki edit needed what the problem(s) are

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO - AU):This is an excellent idea

Sarah Kiden:@Cheryly, I would think it is communication as Olivier earlier mentioned

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO - AU):the Policy Reboot I mean ;-)

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO - AU):well communication is something the O&E can work on and improve itself

Sarah Kiden:Agree

Maureen Hilyard:@Holly I agree too

Maureen Hilyard:Lots of things to organise to make it work, but the principle is good

Holly Raiche:So much better than a bunch of WGs that form and disband - just one group with experts who meet to address specific issues as they arise

judith hellerstein:that is what work stream 2 does

Maureen Hilyard:And by having regular reporting about what is happening in each WG, will encourge more participation I am sure

Holly Raiche:Agree with Mauren

Bastiaan Goslings:I too agree and think this is a very good idea

Hadia Elminiawi:+1 Alan

Krishna Seeburn - Kris:+ 1 alan

Maureen Hilyard:Lets go for it!

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO - AU):But it did do some good base work

Vanda Scartezini:yeah maureen

Ricardo Holmquist:It won't make sense for me to change the rules twice in six months

Krishna Seeburn - Kris:agree with tijani

judith hellerstein:lets get started on it now

Vanda Scartezini: no wait is my point.

Sarah Kiden:We should start. No need to wait

Barrack Otieno:+1 Tijani

Heidi Ullrich:To what extent will the work of the ALS criteria group impact the ATLAS III prep (critiera for support)?

Heidi Ullrich:ATLAS III prep is being planned to start shortly.

Glenn McKnight:Need to give the ALS the heads up on the  minimum performance criteria.  This is critical for our  ATLAS 3 involvement

Abdeldjalil Bachar Bong:AFRALO

Bastiaan Goslings:Good question, Heidi

Matthew Rantanen:Agreed +1 @Glenn

Vanda Scartezini:Heidi - IMO may help to define criteria

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO - AU):indeed Glenn  

Glenn McKnight:Only active  ALS should be  going to to Kobe

Bastiaan Goslings:Kobe?

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO - AU):I thought the ATLAS II venue had changed

Glenn McKnight:2019  ATLAS 3 IN jAPAN

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO - AU):III

Glenn McKnight:OK

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO - AU):That is what I thought Alan  thanks you

Glenn McKnight:Montreal in November

Eduardo Diaz:That is next year!

Glenn McKnight:2018

Heidi Ullrich:2019

Glenn McKnight:Its went we do our   second  NASIG

Heidi Ullrich:2018 AGM is Barcelona

judith hellerstein:yes you mean late 2019 --2018 is barcelona

Eduardo Diaz:@Heidi: you are correct

Glenn McKnight:confused is  ATLAS 2 in 2018 or  2019

Vanda Scartezini:yeah heidi, I do not beleive ATLAS could be there

judith hellerstein:in 2019

judith hellerstein:alan made a mistake

Glenn McKnight:Montreal is in 2018

Vanda Scartezini:Montreal???

Glenn McKnight:He hasn't rectified it

Heidi Ullrich:Evin will be the staff lead on this gorup

Eduardo Diaz:@Glenn: 2019

Glenn McKnight:no proceed

Javier Rúa-Jovet:no dissent here

Glenn McKnight:So  Atlas 3 is in 2019 in Montreal?

Glenn McKnight:I will volunteer to  the ALS  criteria committee

Sebastien (ALAC):I guess it is the more probable Atlas III in Montreal in 2019

Vanda Scartezini:agree Sebastien

Glenn McKnight:As a  CROP  RT  I have seen some basic misunderstanding of the applications .  

Glenn McKnight:We haven't had any issues on CROP ie. Judith and I have been very proactive

judith hellerstein:I will also volunteer for als criteria

Javier Rúa-Jovet:no dissent here

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO - AU):indeed Glenn they often get caught in the RT process

judith hellerstein:yes but I need to go off adobe and go on the phone

Glenn McKnight:Some people expect miracles in very fast turn around

Gisella Gruber:Harold Arcos has joined the call - welcome Harold

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO - AU):I agree Tijani it is an assist

Glenn McKnight:Yes  Tijani good point

Harod:Thanks @Gisella,

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO - AU):People can of course be *wrong* Alan

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO - AU):pparently I often am ;-)

Maureen Hilyard:LOL

Glenn McKnight:its might have flaws but not broken

Abdeldjalil Bachar Bong:CROP is more use nowadays  by RALO team for regional Event that ALS local event

Abdeldjalil Bachar Bong:than ALS local engagement or outreach

Gisella Gruber:@ Glenn - have muted your AC

Glenn McKnight:it was unmuted for one sec

Alberto Soto:I agree Alan

Bastiaan Goslings:All: fyi, I will have to leave this call in 15min time, it has been a very long day

Abdeldjalil Bachar Bong:but CROP is good initiative just we need to review

Abdeldjalil Bachar Bong:agree with @Tijani we can review CROP procedures to be so easy and simple

Glenn McKnight:for sure

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond:If someone files a CROP request that just says "I want to go for a holiday at location X" - the CROP RT will respond that it does not fit the Outreach strategic plan of the region. So like it or not, the CROP RT does act as a gatekeeper in some cases. Because otherwise the CROP request will be made, published, and refused by Staff - and that will reflect badly on At-Large

Glenn McKnight:old

Glenn McKnight:As i stated some people don;t consider the  extra issues  ie. Visa  etc.  Adds  time to the application.  

Glenn McKnight:dates

Heidi Ullrich:The CROP has their own timetable. The RT is an additional decision by At-Large.

Glenn McKnight:Yes we know it has  a timetable but the  Visa issues can require longer time

Glenn McKnight:8 weeks can be too short in some cases

Eduardo Diaz:What is this group suppose to be reviewing?

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond:If the RT does not act as a gatekeeper, the RALOs will need to act as gatekeepers and this then introduces potential internal RALO politics into the gatekeeping

Krishna Seeburn - Kris:needs to be transparent as well

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond:but you need a gatekeeping on trip requests

Glenn McKnight:@oliver  true

Maureen Hilyard:@OCL who is on the RT?

Glenn McKnight:Judith and I are for  NARALO

Maureen Hilyard:cross RALO?

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond:https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_pages_viewpage.action-3FpageId-3D43982055&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=PqnmlD10aN3cxIHyiUf_hNf25P6Dsv7dJM6flBzRrBs&m=xTkgOD5YHJXddpImgr0TA9xArUuSVeZ8acAAH_bYQ74&s=y37dBjCRszFMKuofwipHECeBFJzTXUYKxVtaw_Eyj3w&e=

Heidi Ullrich:COP Workspace: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_display_COP22&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=PqnmlD10aN3cxIHyiUf_hNf25P6Dsv7dJM6flBzRrBs&m=xTkgOD5YHJXddpImgr0TA9xArUuSVeZ8acAAH_bYQ74&s=2JvS4k0Y4XYoayVc_nI18hGk94Qr7uutHt5qKuuSVmk&e=

Eduardo Diaz:@Olivier: so the reviews is to review applications and not the program. Correct?

Matthew Rantanen:You've got to have guidelines, and you then need someone to base the application against the guidelines, and then accept or reject... It

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond:correct @Eduardo

Matthew Rantanen:It's just process

Glenn McKnight:yep

Maureen Hilyard:RT looks fair.. what is the problem?

Glenn McKnight:long story Maureen

Maureen Hilyard:Oh dear!

Matthew Rantanen:I applied for those extra ones

BERAN DONDEH GILLEN:we do have something in writing

BERAN DONDEH GILLEN:we can share with the list

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond:Correct @MAtthew

Eduardo Diaz:How we are going to select the people if there is no criteria to selct them?

Abdeldjalil Bachar Bong:iam interest so I will apply soon :-)

Raymond Mamattah (Ghana):I want the travel opportunity

Eduardo Diaz:One of the meentes should be from the region where the meeting is being held

Sarah Kiden:Agree with you Eduardo. We need criteria.

Matthew Rantanen:+1 Eduardo

Glenn McKnight:I agree obviously with Ed

Heidi Ullrich:There is no funding available for 5 slots. The current program is being rebooted. Your input is useful to design the future program. Perhaps an Additional Budget Request could be considered to add additional travelers for FY19.

Harold Arcos:+1 @Eduardo

Eduardo Diaz:This should be managed by an adhoc group to submit a proposal on the criteria

Heidi Ullrich:There is a possiblity to have informal mentors/mentees if they are already supported.

Glenn McKnight:Ed, me and Matt  suggested that the Mentor comes from the region

Eduardo Diaz:And maybe the process.

Matthew Rantanen:@Heidi, I've been one fo those, sort of...

Glenn McKnight:where the event is held

Maureen Hilyard:@Heidi.. but if additional budget requests are made for the onboarding program that has been an ICANN initiative, then that will be less money that will be available for RALO initiatives

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO - AU):Makes sense Alberto  we shiuld be able to find a Mentor that is supported to attend

Glenn McKnight:Its logical that the person within region will meet more people and be more active within region

Heidi Ullrich:@Maureen, the ABR would help any addition to the core program

Heidi Ullrich:and the COP is for RALOs/ALSes

Eduardo Diaz:The mentor should be rotated through ALAC members as part of their duties of  being in ALAC

Barrack Otieno:Good proposal

Heidi Ullrich:Past/current Mentors/Mentees could also continue their activities virtually

Barrack Otieno:Criteria just needs to be refined

Matthew Rantanen:+1 Alan

Matthew Rantanen:We experienced that in ICANN60

BERAN DONDEH GILLEN:Eduardo I like the proposal of rotating the mentor within ALAC

BERAN DONDEH GILLEN: Past/current Mentors/Mentees could also continue their activities virtually -- YES!

Heidi Ullrich:an At-Large mailing list or Skype chat for all current/former mentors/mentees might be useful to facilitate discussion

Ariel Liang:noted (with more elaborate details)

Eduardo Diaz:@Olivier: but everyone needs to be clear as to what criteria is going to be used for the selection

Gisella Gruber:@ Alan - nothing to add from me

Gisella Gruber:Abdulkarim wanted to make a comment

Gisella Gruber:now Sebastien

Gisella Gruber:Abdulkarim Ayopo Oloyede has asked for the floor

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond:@Eduardo: I have asked this very question on the ALAC, Secretariat & the Outreach and Engagement working groups and so far nobody has suggested any criteria

Eduardo Diaz:@Olivier: :-(

Sarah Kiden:@Olivier, we were waiting for this call :-)

Glenn McKnight:yes, this has been going on for a while

Chokri ben Romdhane:ok good night thank you all

Heidi Ullrich:Please send a note to staff know if you would like to join the Sub-committee on Outreach and Engagement -

Ariel Liang:email is staff@atlarge.icann.org

Hadia Elminiawi:goodnight chokri

Abdeldjalil Bachar Bong:https://mm.icann.org/mailman/listinfo/alac-sc-outreach

Chokri ben Romdhane:thank you hadia

Holly Raiche:Support the idea

Sarah Kiden:Agree

Maureen Hilyard:support

Abdeldjalil Bachar Bong:I agree

Holly Raiche:Leave it up to the chairs

Hadia Elminiawi:leave it to tje chairs

Bartlett Morgan:is this a one off delegation?

Maureen Hilyard:Leave  it to the chairs

Barrack Otieno:Leave it to the Chair

Holly Raiche:@ Bartlet - yes, most decisions are ALAC - but happy with this up to the Chairs

Glenn McKnight:bye all

Glenn McKnight:need to run

BERAN DONDEH GILLEN:bye Glenn

Hadia Elminiawi:bye glenn

Holly Raiche:Bye Glenn

Vanda Scartezini:good evening Glenn

Heidi Ullrich:At-Large activities at the 2017 Activities - https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_display_atlarge_At-2DLarge-2BOutreach-2Bactivities-2Bat-2BIGF-2B2017-2BGeneva&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=PqnmlD10aN3cxIHyiUf_hNf25P6Dsv7dJM6flBzRrBs&m=xTkgOD5YHJXddpImgr0TA9xArUuSVeZ8acAAH_bYQ74&s=3wr3MzOFaU19Q8Poq0TI0IaBkV62gdNSXyk11nqQJpA&e=

Heidi Ullrich:please note that the advance registration for the IGF has been extended until Friday 4 December. There will be no onsite registration available. Please make sure that you have registered and print and bring your approval email with you to collect your badge once in Geneva. https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.intgovforum.org_multilingual_content_igf-2D2017-2Dregistration-2Dfront&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=PqnmlD10aN3cxIHyiUf_hNf25P6Dsv7dJM6flBzRrBs&m=xTkgOD5YHJXddpImgr0TA9xArUuSVeZ8acAAH_bYQ74&s=6k6kyiex8hN8Gb7IXsl7K61qvFzrhK76oAZMV4IsWA8&e=

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO - AU):Thanks everyone lots covered today... Bye for now...

Ricardo Holmquist:bye everyone

Alberto Soto:Thanks, by bye!!

Heidi Ullrich:Thank you, everyone!

Matthew Rantanen:Ciao

Leon Sanchez:Great call

Bartlett Morgan:bye all

Vanda Scartezini:thank you all - excellent call!!

Abdeldjalil Bachar Bong:hhahahah

Sarah Kiden:Thanks everyone

Hadia Elminiawi:thank you and bye

Kaili Kan:Bye!

Leon Sanchez:bye all!

Leah Symekher:bye

Abdeldjalil Bachar Bong:bye bye

Silvia Vivanco:Thank you bye!

Gisella Gruber:Thank you everyone

Maureen Hilyard:thank you Gisella. bye all

• No labels