Yesim Nazlar:Welcome to the At-Large Review Recommendations Feasibility Assessment & Implementation Plan Webinar on Wednesday, 16 August 2017 at 16:00 UTC

Yesim Nazlar:Agenda: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_XxUhB&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=mrDeztziKLa7gZqGADzxcnHA3QXmXYsnChWYBR4NElI&m=nQDdJEz2J30vjyI6UiHctXLqACRxNbPqYtmgj4uY0AY&s=7Sb3FxHv4xzDslMBpvwJ-1G_BJ1W_BTRr5xLxN3GQF4&e=

Louis Houle:Hi, I'll join on the French channel in a moment

Yesim Nazlar:Hi Louis, thanks!

Maureen Hilyard:Hi everyone. Hi Louis, nice to see you

Glenn McKnight:Hi

Ali AlMeshal:hello all

Glenn McKnight:@louis  can you ask Destiny to contact us since he is a fellow for ICANN 60

Ricardo Holmquist:good day everyone - buenos dias a todos

Louis Houle:OK

Holly Raiche:Greetings all

Aida Noblia:Hi all

Heidi Ullrich:Welcome, All!

Glenn McKnight:muted

Susannah Gray (SF Bay ISOC Chapter):Good Morning from California!

Leon Sanchez:Hello everyone

Rabie BOUYAHIAOUI:Hello Everyone

Matthias Hudobnik:hey folks, can you hear anything?

Leon Sanchez:I guess it hasn't started?

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Hello everyone

Matthias Hudobnik:aaa thx :-)

Fatimata:Hello everyone

Alan Greenberg:Sorry, cannot be heard. Will redial

Fatimata:Yes, we can hear you

judith hellerstein:HI All

judith hellerstein:Glad I did not miss anything

Glenn McKnight:yes

Glenn McKnight:didn't hear you

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Yes, can hear you now ALan

Glenn McKnight:clean the .....

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):not heard

Narine Khachatryan:Greetings, everyone!

Ahmad Alsadeh:Hi All

Sarah Kiden:Hi everyone

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):next slide

Satish Babu:I'm hearing Espanol...

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):we have crossed lines

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:there a mix of audio from the interpreters

Alan Greenberg:Hopefully we will have a pretty complete version in WORD/PDF format by Friday so people can look at it over the weekend.

Ricardo Holmquist:and it goes again

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):not fixed

Satish Babu:It's back... :-(

judith hellerstein:we still have crossed lines

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):ok now

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:hmm...seems to be ok now

Maritza Aguero:Audio in bridge is not working...

Satish Babu:Ok now...

judith hellerstein:@maritza since you are the only one in the spanish channel i guess it is OK to just join the English channel

Ariel Liang:You may access the google doc here: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__docs.google.com_document_d_1Njfm2rRfmgAGAamhDEv1f-5FOIqIh0-2DdZrnDCA9U-5FEHlw_edit-3Fusp-3Dsharing&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=mrDeztziKLa7gZqGADzxcnHA3QXmXYsnChWYBR4NElI&m=nQDdJEz2J30vjyI6UiHctXLqACRxNbPqYtmgj4uY0AY&s=RdgdfEKqmJ5qANM9DcchDMnav55a3TgwWgkhwsNqn84&e=  (view only)

Satish Babu:Can hear you well

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:yes

Fatimata:yes

Maureen Hilyard:Yes we can hear you Olivier

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:hear you olivier

Aida Noblia:yes

Alberto Soto:yes

Carlton SAMUELS:Hiya all

Fatimata:Lol!

Satish Babu:LOL

Heidi Ullrich:Apologies, everyone can hear Olivier except the ES interpretors who are having a challenging time.

Alan Greenberg:Are we taking comments Rec by Rec or at end?

judith hellerstein:Yes @maritza says there is a problem with the audio on the spanish channel

Ariel Liang:EMM 1 is on page 37/58 on the document

Ricardo Holmquist:a lot of noise and some echo in Olivier line

Ariel Liang:on the google doc you can click the recommendation sub heading on the left to jump quickly to the rec that you want to read

Sebastien (ALAC):Who will be able to give feedback? And when? Thanks

Holly Raiche:@ Sebastien - comments have been sought from the time the documents were up - at the end of May through until mid August

Heidi Ullrich:@All, apologies for the noise. It is live from Olivier's line...

Leon Sanchez:Can the person in the  traffic jam mute his/her mic?

Leon Sanchez:oh

Leon Sanchez:forget what I said :P

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:;-)

Alan Greenberg:@Leon, cannot. It is Olivier

Leon Sanchez:Yep

Sebastien (ALAC):@Holly - then we are just here to hear?

judith hellerstein:@leon was making a joke.  I thought it was funny

Sebastien (ALAC):`@Alan I have the same question. Alan Greenberg: Are we taking comments Rec by Rec or at end?

Glenn McKnight:correct

Alan Greenberg:20 minutes for feedback, but largely intended to be from RALOs

Glenn McKnight:i thought we would comment per section

Holly Raiche:@ Sebastian - the agenda does include discussion time

Glenn McKnight:As stated  the RALO Leader and ALAC position is so unreaslistic

Glenn McKnight:double the duty and double the fun I suppose

Gabdibé GAB-HINGONNE:Bonjour tout le monde.

Glenn McKnight:I expressed my concerns on the feedback from many of the staff and ATLARGE community which felt that the review would incorporate their criticial feedback. If we reject their contribution, do we have any mechanism to continue and dialogue with those individuals so don't get turned off

judith hellerstein:I agree with you glenn

Satish Babu:@OCL, trying to get this straight: The recs of particular relevance to RALOs are 2, 3, 5, 11, 12, 13, and 16, and RALOs and RALO members should focus on these...right? (this is to inform ALSes)

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond:@Saish -- these are the number which I saw appeared to impact ALSes and RALOs the most. In most of them, the RALOs & ALSes are explicitly mentioned in these recommendations

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):nothing new in Ind Members it came out  1st Review

Glenn McKnight:@Tijani we have 17 Unafffilated members of NARALO and most are inactive

Satish Babu:Thanks @OCL

Glenn McKnight:We are reaching out to them and having orientation sessions

Glenn McKnight:Another important outreach to the members in an ALS other than the  appointed ALS member to the RALO

Carlton SAMUELS:@Alan: When it comes to active participation IN ICANN MATTERS, the distinction between ALS and individuals is a distinction WITHOUT a difference.  People become active. I'm not so certain the label we place on them is relevant if it is active participation we want to achieve.

Sebastien (ALAC):I am speaking

judith hellerstein:We cannot hear you

Sebastien (ALAC):but I will try to change something

Glenn McKnight:cant hear him

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):please comment on any of the Recs

Sebastien (ALAC):I am in English

Holly Raiche:@ Carlton - agree - but it is a distinction made by the ITEMS report made that we have to respond to

Sebastien (ALAC):Go with somebody else

Ahmad Alsadeh:we cannot hear

Fatimata:no we can't

Satish Babu:Can't hear...

Satish Babu:Yes

Glenn McKnight:yes

Glenn McKnight:who is speaking

Glenn McKnight:k

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):yes that is accounted for Alberto

Fatimata:Sebastien

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond:+1 @Glenn

Carlton SAMUELS:@Glenn: The original idea for the ALS is for an entity leading outreach to  individuals and to bring them to the fold.  In other words they were supposed to be existing organisations working in certain areas of endeavour.  Now that we have single purpose ALSs we tend to conflate the individual requirement for participation with the ALSs acceptance of its principal role.; orchestrate for individuals to participate.

Holly Raiche:@ Sebastien - it is an issue raised by the ITEMS report that we need to respond to - their observation was on the difficulty of individuals participating in ALAC

Holly Raiche:@ Carlton - thanks - Alan is giving our response

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Alan I can answer Sebs questions

Carlton SAMUELS:@Alan: +1 that IS the problem. How we get individuals in ALSs to ramp up participation. It isnt the ALS, its individuals connected to the ALSs.

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Indeed Carlton

Sebastien (ALAC):Inimplementation qsteps

Sebastien (ALAC):Staff to identify areas of the website needing improvement to be reviewed by At-large Leadership prior to implementation.

Holly Raiche:@ Carlton - the iITEMS report saw an issue as allowing individual participation without having to join an ALS -

Fatimata:+1 @ Dev regarding the MOU with the RIR

Tijani BEN JEMAA:@Dev +1

Holly Raiche:@ Dev - that was in the text and was mentioned - we can ensure it is mentioned - and thanks for the reference on SLACK

Carlton SAMUELS:@ALL: I say again. ITEMS report still does not tell me how you get more names of LIVE persons - that is to say thinking sensate individuals, allied to ALS or not - actively participating. Active Participation in this context means: participating in chartered WGs, studying reports and recommendations and responding, attending briefings etc. etc.

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Re: Rec10 re: messaging - the TTF has done a report at ICANN58 Copenhagen re: At-Large using Slack - see the TTF slides for ICANN58 at https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__goo.gl_iYN2Jo&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=mrDeztziKLa7gZqGADzxcnHA3QXmXYsnChWYBR4NElI&m=nQDdJEz2J30vjyI6UiHctXLqACRxNbPqYtmgj4uY0AY&s=nZngq4pUc7Lt0eobCS5nc8H2g9mrJnRErHFUhJ5rPOU&e=

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):that was clear in the RALO response to the PC of course Dev does it really need to be in such details in this document

Holly Raiche:@ Carlton - I think we are saying that politely

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Re: Rec12 RALOs should continue to put a high priority on the organisation of events no mention that RALOs have MOUs with regional RIRs - from the google doc link I'm not seeing the referernce to MOU with RIRs in Rec12

Gabriel:QUEL SERA LE MODÈLE D'ADHÉSION DE MEMBRES INDIVIDUELS ?

Tijani BEN JEMAA:@Gabriel, ca dépend des RALO

Tijani BEN JEMAA:il y a différente manières d'un RALO à un autre

Fatimata:I think Olivier is providing answers to Carlton

Carlton SAMUELS:@Holly: My dear Holly, you know I love you. But in my opinion, that message musat be direct, live and in colour. Politesse not necessary here.

Holly Raiche:@ Gabriel - we have said that each RALO can develop their model of individual membership -

Holly Raiche:@ Carlton - agree

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:@Cheryl - I think it should be repeated in Rec12  since the review explicitly calls out At-Large for not being engaged with local I*star groups

Gabriel:Thanks for answers

Holly Raiche:@ Carlton - also remember, we did talk to ITEMS - now it is up to us to say the same things to the Board

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):ok to cross reference, but this is a feasibility Assessment doc

Justine Chew:+1 Sebastien

Gabriel:@Holly and @Tidjani

Glenn McKnight:@ olivier  that is my point earlier

Glenn McKnight:I expressed this on our  Leadership call yesterday as well.  We need to open to listening to their views

Glenn McKnight:Alan you are missing the point. We are speaking about  blow back

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):and OCL let's remember a detailed implementation plan is yet to follow in next steps

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond:+1 Cheryl

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond:yes there will indeed be a detailed implementation plan

Krishna Seeburn:+

Krishna Seeburn:+1 alan...and we need somthing rather than nothing

Leon Sanchez:It has been indeed

Leon Sanchez:thanks

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):thanks everyone greatly appreciated... bye for now 👋

Carlton SAMUELS:Thanks all, bye all

Fatimata:Thank you and good bye

Ali AlMeshal:bye all

Sarah Kiden:Thanks everyone

Satish Babu:Thanks to all!

Gabriel:Thanks

Ariel Liang:thanks all

Maritza Aguero:Thanks all!

Alberto Soto 2:thanks!!!! bye!!

Aida Noblia:Thank you all .Bye\

Krishna Seeburn:gye all

Gordon Chillcott:Thanks, all and bye for now.

Maureen Hilyard:GReat meeting.. thanks all bye. Take care Alberto

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:take care a;;

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:all

Harold Arcos:thanks all

Gabdibé GAB-HINGONNE:Merci et au revoir

• No labels