Evin Erdogdu: (3/14/2017 11:11) Hello, my name is Evin Erdoğdu and I will be monitoring this chat room. In this role, I am the voice for the remote participants, ensuring that they are heard equally with those who are “in-room” participants. When submitting a question that you want me to read out loud on the mic, please provide your name and affiliation if you have one, start your sentence with <QUESTION> and end it with <QUESTION>. When submitting a comment that you want me to read out loud of the mic, once again provide your name and affiliation if you have one then start your sentence with a <COMMENT> and end it with <COMMENT>.  Text outside these quotes will be considered as part of “chat” and will not be read out loud on the mic. Any questions or comments provided outside of the session time will not be read aloud.

Evin Erdogdu: (11:11) Please note that audio is may be available in French and Spanish. All chat sessions are being archived and follow the ICANN Expected Standards of Behavior: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.icann.org_en_news_in-2Dfocus_accountability_expected-2Dstandards&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=HedNXfBayuWxdPer7COiCJBd39KxvJQIgCaiDYF2Tm8&m=ahks9_ur3KXZHZbLXbn8X3O5Ig50IB9HQ6ogSl_5Jzw&s=MkhzBPk7PjtUBk2O980xIRrdS--UQZ9_1zx9GigN-ZY&e=

Ariel Liang: (11:15) I will put this on the wiki. One moment

Beran Gillen: (11:16) hello everyone

Ariel Liang: (11:18) You may view Maureen's comments on the draft ALAC Statement on the wiki: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_KJjRAw&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=HedNXfBayuWxdPer7COiCJBd39KxvJQIgCaiDYF2Tm8&m=ahks9_ur3KXZHZbLXbn8X3O5Ig50IB9HQ6ogSl_5Jzw&s=fUjrgcK4t_gN6bbaZ3jumhOJH9JkGfdAjWSkAxR3JKE&e=

Glenn McKnight: (11:27) Thanks  Maureen,  Can we  meet  for  a few moments after the meeting

Seun Ojedeji: (11:29) can we have the redline version please

Glenn McKnight: (11:32) The  document  is view only,  the  comment  icon doesn't appear to comment

Ariel Liang: (11:32) @Seun - that's the version that we have received from Maureen but I will check with her whether she has a red-line version

Glenn McKnight: (11:36) Recommendation  #1  Outreach  fails to recognize the unevenness  that exists in ATLARGE  participation at the  events  vs  ICANN automatic  panelist positions.  Lack of  awareness that  we  don't   don;t have the same opportunities to promote/outreach and engage.   Funding for  a  trip  and hotel isn't the same as being on a panel or included in other  informal actvities

Heidi Ullrich: (11:45) The sentence on lines 40-41 needs to be revised to ready more clearly.

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond: (11:55) Kaili is raising some fundamental questions. Fundamental.

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond: (11:56) I am disheartened that nearly 20 years after the beginning of ICANN we are still at the stage that there appears to be a deep, fundamental disagreement between ICANN's communities when ot comes to answering the points that Kaili has made.

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond: (11:56) I heard yesterday in the public forum, a Board member say that ICANN was not created by the US government, but was created by the Private Sector

Holly Raiche: (11:57) @ OCL - thankfully, we don't have to worry about that now

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond: (11:58) I heard today another Board member say that At-Large was accountable to Domain name Registrants, and not all Internet end users. This is a position I have heard regularly from other people in ICANN's communities. It is in fact one of the big criticisms of At-Large by other parts of ICANN

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond: (11:59) I agree that the discussion about this should not take place here. But this fundamental disagreement tells me that no matter what we as a community think and respond in the At-Large Review, several of our comments will be cast aside by those who disagree fundamentaly with us about our  mission . It is the elephant in the room.

Evin Erdogdu: (12:59) Thank you for your participation. The meeting is now adjourned.

• No labels