Sub-Group Members: Cheryl Langdon-Orr, Chuck Gomes, Elise Gerich, Mary Uduma, Olivier Crepin-Leblond, Xavier Calvez
Staff: Brenda Brewer, Nathalie Vergnolle, Trang Nguyen, Yuko Green
Apologies: Alan Greenberg
Please let Brenda know if your name has been left off the list (attendees or apologies).**
The Adobe Connect recording is available here: https://icann.adobeconnect.com/p1aukobxb06/
The audio recording is available here: http://audio.icann.org/stewardship-transition/iana-dto-10aug16-en.mp3
Draft FY18 PTI OP&B Planning Calendar
Proposed Change #1: Providing an earlier confirmation of the funding of ICANN for PTI operation
- DT-O agrees with this change
Proposed Change #2: Enhancing the perception of independence of PTI of the decision of its Board by adding PTI Board approval
- Add ICANN Board approval process before the end of June per CWG proposal
IANA Budget Development & Approval Compliance Matrix
- Yellow & Green: DT-O recommends that CSC monitor the transparency and itemization of the budget/IANA cost and make recommendation as needed
- Blue: DT-O deems it compliant
- Purple: DT-O deems it compliant
- Purple: Add a clarification that submitting the "proposed" budget meets the CWG's requirements
- Grey: DT-O deems it compliant
- Teal: Done if CWG agrees with DT-O recommendation
ACTION (Xavier): Send Chuck the additional requirement from the proposal
ACTION (Chuck): Update te Matrix with the information provided by Xavier, deem it compliant and send to CWG
ACTION (Xavier): Update the FY18 PTI OP&B Planning Calendar ppt and send to CWG
- DT-O supports the proposed PTI Bylaws changes relative to the budget
ACTION (Xavier): Send the proposed changes to the PTI Bylaws to ICANN Legal, CCing Dt-O, to forward to Sidley
- ACTION (Xavier): Send Chuck the additional requirement from the proposal
- ACTION (Chuck): Update te Matrix with the information provided by Xavier, deem it compliant and send to CWG
- ACTION (Xavier): Update the FY18 PTI OP&B Planning Calendar ppt and send to CWG
- ACTION (Xavier): Send the proposed changes to the PTI Bylaws to ICANN Legal, CCing Dt-O, to forward to Sidley
- IANA Budget Development Process Compliance Matrix v1.pdf
- FY18 PTI Planning Calendar - Draft 160808.pdf
Brenda Brewer:Good day all and welcome to DT-O Meeting # 18 on 10 August 2016 @ 14:00 UTC!
Olivier Crepin-Leblond:I asked for a dial out but didn't receive it... and then I just connected and self-dial out to me :-)
Olivier Crepin-Leblond:so please do not issue a dial out again as I've just received a duplicate call
Chuck:Please show the powerpoint
Chuck:Go to slide 2
Chuck:I agree on the public comment issue.
Mary:Who prepares the PTI OP&B? The PTI Board and Staff or ICANN Staff for Board's approval? Should ICANN Board approves before PTI?
Olivier Crepin-Leblond:Indeed Mary --- if the PTI OP&B is developed by the PTI Board, then it comes as a given that the PTI Board will approve its own OP&B
Olivier Crepin-Leblond:+1 Chuck
Olivier Crepin-Leblond:FYI the previous planning calendar can be found from: https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/52894937/FY18%20PTI%20Planning%20Calendar%20-%20Draft%20160719.pdf?version=1&modificationDate=1469040592000&api=v2
Olivier Crepin-Leblond:Chuck -- you are spot on with my thinking on all counts
Mary:+1 for the baseline PTI funding approval by the Board.
Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):I doubt they will either
Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):we can of course try...
Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):yup agree Chuck
Olivier Crepin-Leblond:Look -- if it was a personal preference, I'd go without the rubber stamping, but we need to be strict about this and therefore have this rubber stamping
Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):great thx Xavier
Xavier Calvez:i am 100% with clo on this point.
Mary:Whcih of the bylaws? ICANN or PTI? I am sorry if I missed the point Chuck.
Chuck 2:PTI Bylaws
Xavier Calvez:you are correct or
Mary:Fine by me @Cheryl and @ Chuck
Olivier Crepin-Leblond:If there are operational proceures for CSC & for PTI, IMHO the structure of the budget should be listed there
Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Yup all good Chuck... Yes OCL
Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):I was not confused by that Chuck understood
Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):fine with that
Mary:ok by me
Nathalie Vergnolle 2:Chuck, I confirm that a DT-O update is on the agenda of the CWG tomorrow.
Yuko Green:It is before IPR discussion
Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Great Yuko were all good then
Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):thx for checking
Nathalie Vergnolle 2:I believe that the CWG chairs are planning to include this change in the comment letter
Nathalie Vergnolle 2:ends tomorrow, Aug 11
Mary:Thanks to Xavier and his team. Bye All