Attendees: 

Sub-Group Members:   Alan Greenberg, Cheryl Langdon-Orr, Chuck Gomes, Olivier Crepin-Leblond  (4)

Staff:  Akram Atallah, Brenda Brewer, Grace Abuhamad, Trang Nguyen

Apologies:  Xavier Calvez

Please let Brenda know if your name has been left off the list (attendees or apologies).**

Transcript

Recording

Proposed Agenda:

1. Roll call

2. Confirm agenda

3. Status update: PTI financial objectives

4. Status of recommendation for ensuring multi-year continuity of IANA Services funding

5. Possible DT-O or CWG comments on the Draft FY17 ICANN Operating Plan & Budget

a.  Note the email message sent by Chuck on Thursday, 24 March with attached file containing Chuck’s comments on the draft budget document

b. Discussion

c. Next steps

6. Develop a process for development and approval of the IANA Services budget

a. Update from Xavier regarding meeting with Elise

b. Next steps?

7. Developing a Caretaker Budget

a. Update from Xavier regarding his ideas

b. Question for discussion: Should vetoing the PTI budget trigger both the PTI Caretaker Budget and the ICANN caretaker budget?

c. Next steps?

8. AOB

• Next DTO Meeting Tuesday, 5 April @ 21:00 UTC

Notes

Status updates: 

• PTI Financial Objectives --> awaiting CWG-Stewardship approval 
  • Recommendation for multi-year IANA Services funding --> awaiting CWG-Stewardship approval 

Comments on FY17 ICANN Operating Plan and Budget

• Cheryl is ok with comments, but doesn't think they need to be heavyweight
  • Comments could be prepared for CWG consideration. Question of how/who would submit the comments
  • Aim for draft to be complete by Friday 8 April 
  • Comments need to be ready to send to CWG by 11 April (in time for 14 April call)

ACTION: Chuck will do a first draft of comments on FY17 Op Plan and budget by Monday 4 April. 

ACTION: All to review Chuck's draft and discuss on calls on Tuesday and Thursday next week.  

Process for IANA Services Budget

• Awaiting feedback from Elise or Xavier
  • Expected diffrences: timing (needs to be done in advance of the regular budget)

ACTION: Trang to follow up with Elise / Xavier regarding IANA Services budget

Developing a Caretaker Budget

• Awaiting feedback from Xavier (on vacation this week)
  • Will be coming back to this topic

Next calls: 

• Tuesday 21:00 UTC
  • Thursday 20:00 UTC

Action Items

• ACTION: Chuck will do a first draft of comments on FY17 Op Plan and budget by Monday 4 April. 
  • ACTION: All to review Chuck's draft and discuss on calls on Tuesday and Thursday next week. 
  • ACTION: Trang to follow up with Elise / Xavier regarding IANA Services budget

Chat Transcript

Brenda Brewer: (4/1/2016 14:38) Hello all and welcome to DT-O Meeting #12 on 1 April @ 20:00 UTC!

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO): (14:59) Hi All

Brenda Brewer: (14:59) Sounds great Cheryl!

Chuck Gomes: (15:00) Hi all

Brenda Brewer: (15:03) All on Adobe!

Olivier Crepin-Leblond: (15:03) busy call!

Alan Greenberg: (15:06) Regarding the agend, given that I have to start cooking dinner shortly, it is lat on Friday night for Olivier, and 7 am Saturday morning for Cheryl, shortening the agenda would be welcome!   ;-)

Grace Abuhamad: (15:11) Akram, your audio is not connected. We will dial out to you.

Akram: (15:12) I think we should look at the reserve language in the current bylaws and maybe add something for the PTI

Grace Abuhamad: (15:15) Akram has joined

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO): (15:16) We need some sort of 'ring fencing / commitment' of  funds  to ensure ongoing (stable) funding for th IANA  essential services  for X time Akram :-)

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO): (15:16) How we do it is what we need to work on in implementation...

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO): (15:17) Yes Akram you understand our cncerns ( and that of the IANNA Services Customer base as well

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO): (15:25) prepare it FOR  CWG  cnsidertion

Grace Abuhamad: (15:25) right Cheryl-- thanks

Grace Abuhamad: (15:26) Yes@Alan, that could work too, but we then we could not claim it as formal "CWG-Stewardship work"

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO): (15:27) the Co Chaars may wish to make a note for the PC  OCL ;-)  we just need to write it

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO): (15:28) but GRACE IT CIULD BE 'BASED UPON RECENT DISCUSSIONS WITHIN THE CWG"

Grace Abuhamad: (15:28) The CWG submitted comments to the CCWG public comment

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO): (15:29) SIRRY  CAPS

Grace Abuhamad: (15:29) Yes, I didn't mean to bog you down with process, all. Just wanted to make you aware of process.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO): (15:29) puppy dog paws on the keyboard

Olivier Crepin-Leblond: (15:32) I am completely snowed under work & at MAG consultations next week

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO): (15:33) yes we're all kinda drowning not waiving at

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO): (15:33) the moment...  so if we publish and call for input  from others in DT0 and CWG  that shud help  IMO

Olivier Crepin-Leblond: (15:34) I cn definitely chime in. I have too many commitments to hold the pen

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO): (15:34) Thx Chuck  *hug*

Olivier Crepin-Leblond: (15:34) and  I think both Alan & Cheryl are in the same overloaded boat :-)

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO): (15:35) true  but we are nt the ny DT0 members  just the nes here at todays meeting ;-)

Trang Nguyen: (15:36) As for as I know, they have not had a chance to connect on this as Xavier has been out on vacation.

Trang Nguyen: (15:36) Sorry, I'm not connected on audio.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO): (15:36) nd I ssumee Elise is now at IETF

Akram: (15:37) She's already there

Trang Nguyen: (15:37) Yes, she is traveling to IETF today. I will connect with Xavier on Monday on this.

Trang Nguyen: (15:37) My expectation is that Xavier will be driving this process and consult with Elise as needed.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO): (15:37) thx Trang

Trang Nguyen: (15:38) Yes, will follow up with Xavier on Monday.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO): (15:39) yes the rec was to segregate  the approvals   etc.,

Olivier Crepin-Leblond: (15:44) If CGC is recommending new projects, then the 9 month rule might actually slow down change as a budget for a new project would only be available, at the earliest opportunity, 9 months after being laid out in the PTI budget

Olivier Crepin-Leblond: (15:44) laid out -> porposed

Olivier Crepin-Leblond: (15:45) CGC -> CSC

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO): (15:47) Agree Alan

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO): (15:48) I a sure there are ways to ensure cntingency  you budget FOR  those and hopefully underspend ;-)

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO): (15:49) planned refresh rate for hardware, shared resoure allocations  etc.,  of course !!!

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO): (15:50) exactly Akram

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO): (15:53) makes sense Chuck  and of course Budgets are *plans*   not concrete

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO): (15:53) Exactly  Akram !

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO): (15:54) yes your nit the US  Gov ;-)

Olivier Crepin-Leblond: (15:56) Thanks Akram, that's helpful

Olivier Crepin-Leblond: (16:00) I'm with you Chuck

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO): (16:01) Yes  but Jordan is not up to date with some of our agreed nomenlature  Chuck... So we do need to talk more on this  so we all clearly understand matters and terminology

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO): (16:04) Good call  Thanks everyone talk aain next week... then  bye for now

Trang Nguyen: (16:04) Thanks, Chuck! Thanks, everyone.

Trang Nguyen: (16:04) Bye

• No labels