December 2015 – SSAC Liaison Report

(as at 22 December 15)

1.            SSAC MEETINGS.  The SSAC held a meeting on 10 December during which the CCWG Accountability 3rd Draft Report was discussed.

2.            SSAC WORK PARTIES.  I am currently participating in two SSAC Work Parties: 

• New gTLDs – Mid-course correction, Collisions, Timing of next round:  It has not been possible to reach an achievable focus for this work.  Essentially the initial scope was too broad and the work party has struggled to move forward.  Agreement has been reached that the work party will conclude and that no report will be produced
  • Membership – Reviewing Procedures for Appointment and Renewal of SSAC Members.  This work party formed in late October and over the last month, I have attended meetings on 25 November and 9 and 16 December.  

3.            SSAC REPORTS.  One SSAC Report has been published on 21 December: 

• SAC076: SSAC Comment on the CCWG-Accountability 3rd Draft Proposal 

It is important to note that the SSAC has deliberately refrained from commenting on aspects outside the SSAC’s scope.

4.            SSAC REPRESENTATION ON CCWG ACCOUNTABILITY.  As one of the SSAC representatives on the CCWG Accountability, I attended CCWG Meetings on 26 November, and 8, 15 and 22 December and attended the CCWG Webinar on 2 December.  As advised above, the SSAC published its comment on the 3rd Draft Proposal on 21 December.

• No labels