You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.

Compare with Current View Page History

« Previous Version 5 Current »

Attendees: 

Sub-Group Members:   Chuck Gomes, Avri Doria, Erick Iriarte, Staffan Jonson

Staff:  Berry Cobb, Marika Konings, Brenda Brewer

**Please let Brenda know if your name has been left off the list (attendees or apologies).**

Transcript

Recording

The Adobe Connect recording is available here:  https://icann.adobeconnect.com/p8gjkg8amap/

The audio recording is available here:  http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-dtm-19mar15-en.mp3

Proposed Agenda:

1. Welcome
2. Roll call
3. Suggestions to agenda
4. Published version of “Guidance for the transition of stewardship of IANA functions”
a.CSC is now called ‘Direct User Group (DUG)’
b. The escalation procedures have not changed much if any.
5. Discussion of the proposed escalation procedures sent by Chuck yesterday (see below)
a. Does it make sense to separate the steps for individual registry escalation and systemic escalation?
b. What steps would you add or delete?
c. What steps would you modify?
d. Etc.
6. Next steps
a. Action items for team members before Monday
b. Doodle meeting request for Monday?
c. Submission of draft document for Istanbul on Monday
d. Other?

Notes

Chat Transcript

Marika Konings:Welcome to Design Team M Meeting #2 on 19 March 2015

erick iriarte:hi

erick iriarte:so early? or so late?

Brenda Brewer:Hi Erick!

Brenda Brewer:early...about 30 minutes.

erick iriarte:cool

Brenda Brewer:right!

Staffan Jonson:Hi All

erick iriarte:hi

Avri Doria:it is only DUG if we end up accepting this model and the terminalogy of Diruect Users, and Direct User precednece.

Avri Doria:i prefer that terminalogy - incident & problem

Avri Doria:and i am not sure that only Registries can register incidents

Berry Cobb:One other small point, I'd change the term "Systemic Failure" as this implies something is wrong with a system....like an IANA system.  I'd suggest either a process failure or an escalation failure.

Avri Doria:i am ok with it

erick iriarte:@berry +1

Berry Cobb:Incident, problem and change management are will know processes in the worl do ITIL (IT Infrastructure Library)

Berry Cobb:wow...my typing.  are well known processes in the world of ITIL.  <geez>

Berry Cobb:Within Incident Managment, depending on the incident type, each is categorized.  And depending on the criticality of the incident, a Severity is assigned.

Berry Cobb:I'd suggest the process remains the same.  Processes are repeatable and predictible.  But the transaction type can be categorized and prioritized.

Avri Doria:in any case that intermediary would be someone with standing to raise the issues.

Avri Doria:i was pretty sure he had stanidng.  thanks for confirming.

Avri Doria:i don't think we want to remoe that access point.

Avri Doria:need a bigger ombudsman function.  more than 2 dudes?

Marika Konings:@Avri - but do you think there will suddenly be more issues after the transition compared to now?

Berry Cobb:Incident Mgmt "The Process" can still apply, but just a different entry point than the direct customers of IANA.  IMO.

Marika Konings:I'm still wondering if those issues are IANA issues or whether those arise earlier in the process and are escalated through other (existing mechanisms)?

Staffan Jonson:That is a good idea Marika. Examples are always good

Marika Konings:In relation to your previous question, it looks like there are two escalation paths - the emergency phone number that is on the slides (and only to be used in emergencies) and the 'normal' customer complaint resolution process which is an email address.

Avri Doria:i guess i have given up on including anything other than the 'so-called' direct customers.

Avri Doria:i just dont have time tto produce use cases before the weekend.

• No labels