V. NTIA Requirements
Additionally, NTIA has established that the transition proposal must meet the following five requirements:
- Support and enhance the multistakeholder model;
- Maintain the security, stability, and resiliency of the Internet DNS;
- Meet the needs and expectation of the global customers and partners of the IANA functions;
- Maintain the openness of the Internet;
- The proposal must not replace the NTIA role with a government-led or an inter-governmental organization solution.
This section should explain how your community’s proposal meets these requirements and how it responds to the global interest in the IANA functions.
Note: CWG-RFP3 and 4 should have considered this in their work and this should only be a final sanity check to produce the text confirming this requirement once 3 and 4 are completed.
Name = CWG-RFP5
Delivery = Week of November 17
Link to Drafting / Collaborative Workspace: (noting all comments and contributions are welcome) is here
Volunteers: Group is OPEN and welcomes new participants and contributors to its work.
- Cheryl Langdon-Orr (ALAC) Work Group Coordinator
- Lise Fuhr (ccNSO)
- Dwi Elfrida (GAC)
- Bill Manning
- Avri Doria
- Bilal al Titi
- Gary Campbell
- Desiree Miloshevic
- Jaap Akkerhuis
- CWG working group charter - https://community.icann.org/display/gnsocwgdtstwrdshp/Charter
- ICG RFP - https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/rfp-iana-stewardship-08sep14-en.pdf
- Reference document repository - https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bycchop8VaMWdWNibklDQzhWdXc&usp=sharing
- Sub-groups repository - https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bycchop8VaMWeDFnY3FXckRJbWc&usp=sharing