Gisella Gruber: (9/23/2014 12:50) Welcome to the ALAC Monthly meeting on Tuesday 23 September 2014 at 1400 UTC.
  Gisella Gruber: (12:50) Agenda: https://community.icann.org/x/KxPxAg
  Siranush Vardanyan: (14:56) thanks, Gisella, hello everyone
  Fatima Cambronero: (14:57) helllo everyone
  Ron Sherwood: (14:59) Hello Everyone
  Raf Fatani: (15:00) Lots of echoing
  Julie Hammer: (15:00) I will remain muted
  Alberto Soto: (15:00) Hello everyone!!
  Silvia Vivanco: (15:02) Hello everyone
  Siranush Vardanyan: (15:03) I don't know as well ;
  Raf Fatani: (15:04) Some googling going on in the background
  Raf Fatani: (15:04) lol
  Leon Sanchez: (15:04) hello everyone
  Leon Sanchez: (15:05) I seem to have some problems with the AC room so I might be jumping in-and-out at moments
  Siranush Vardanyan: (15:05) good timing for call, Beran :)))
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh: (15:06) Hello Everyone
  Jahangir Hossian: (15:07) Hello everyone ....
  Leon Sanchez: (15:07) HI Dev! How's the married man life going? :-)
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh: (15:07) Very good, thanks!
  Siranush Vardanyan: (15:08) Holly, Alli, Ellen and Maureen are at PacINET
  Alan Greenberg: (15:08) Bad noise.
  sandra hoferichter: (15:08) Hi all!
  Heidi Ullrich: (15:08) HI All
  Julie Hammer: (15:09) Gisella, I was getting dumped from the adobe connect and having to log back in.  Not sure why.  Sincere apologies.
  Gisella Gruber: (15:09) Thank you Julie
  Gisella Gruber: (15:09) Snadra and Dev - welcome
  Alberto Soto: (15:11)  @Dev, congratulations! you could not evade? you had asked me previously..
  Siranush Vardanyan: (15:12) can not judge the quality of chinese interpretation during APRALO call, but I assume it was good as there were no complains :)
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh: (15:14) @Alberto : thank you
  Siranush Vardanyan: (15:15) Gisella, just to let you know that I will be leaving the abode space soon and will be only via phone bridge. Thanks
  Gisella Gruber: (15:18) Thank you Siranush!
  Leon Sanchez: (15:21) That is something that needs to be solved at a local level with the competent authorities
  Fatima Cambronero: (15:21) +1 @Leon
  Gisella Gruber: (15:21) Wolf Ludwig is about to join
  Loris Taylor: (15:21) +1@Leon
  Evan Leibovitch: (15:21) +1 Leon. This is not an ALAC issue.
  Leon Sanchez: (15:22) If Internatuta Colombia is not legally registered to operate in Colombia, this is something that might show up in the due dilligence and then the regional advice should take that into account
  Evan Leibovitch: (15:22) It shoud form patrt of the due diligence and regional approval process.
  Leon Sanchez: (15:22) Exactly @Evan
  Alan Greenberg: (15:23) If someone believes that there is something false or incorrect in the application, the RALO should tell Silvia and she will query them.
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh: (15:23) Indeed, Leon
  Gisella Gruber: (15:25) Wolf Ludwig has joined the call
  Wolf Ludwig: (15:25) Thanks Gisella but I was put into the French channel on Adigo :-)
  Gisella Gruber: (15:27) @ Wolf - sorry about that (blush!) - I am sure you will be joining EN shortly
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond: (15:27) ALAC CCNSO Liaison Report PAge: https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/ccNSO+Liaison+Reports+2013-2014
  Alberto Soto: (15:28) Sorry, I must leave the meeting, buy!
  Evan Leibovitch: (15:28) Bienvenue, Wolf!
  Rinalia Abdul Rahim: (15:29) .The Agenda for the ALAC-ccNSO Council meeting on Thursday 16 October in LA, has been confirmed.      Welcome by the outgoing Chair of ALAC Olivier Crepin-Leblond and introduction of incoming Chair, Alan Greenberg (5 mins)    Welcome by the ccNSO Chair, Byron Holland (5 mins)    ATLAS II Declaration issues (Olivier – 10 mins)    Shared IANA and Accountability Issues (WG representatives - 20 mins)3.This month's ccNSO Council meeting will be held
  Wolf Ludwig: (15:29) Le plaisir est pour moi, Evan! ;-)
  Raf Fatani: (15:34) I think that's unacceptable that our comments arent takken into consideation!
  Gisella Gruber: (15:34) @ Wolf - we are not getting through to you - do you have an alternate number?
  Wolf Ludwig: (15:34) No -- but I can hang down and you call me again?
  Gisella Gruber: (15:35) @ Wolf - please do
  Wolf Ludwig: (15:36) Thanks Gisella -- it's perfect and sounds familiar now! ;-)
  Gisella Gruber: (15:36) Ron Andruff has joined the call on Evans request - Welcome Ron!
  Ron A: (15:36) Thank you.
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh: (15:43) Its a separate RSEP request
  Evan Leibovitch: (15:43) We can take it up on the NgTLD WG mailing list
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh: (15:44) Neustar is asking for two characters in one RSEP request ; and another RSEP request to release country and territory names
  Alan Greenberg: (15:44) Ahh. You are correct. Two separate RSEPs!
  Alan Greenberg: (15:44) I merged them together in my mind.
  Ariel Liang: (15:44) Here is the BWG-NomCom draft Statement: https://community.icann.org/x/UgPxAg
  Leon Sanchez: (15:45) Then the ALAC statement, if any, could be that its up to the GAC to approve the RSEP from . NEUSTAR and consistent with what we've stated for two character domains, we should support the RSEP?
  Gisella Gruber: (15:49) Glenn has joined the call
  Leon Sanchez: (15:50) Welcome @Glenn!
  Glenn McKnight: (15:51) Hi all
  Alan Greenberg: (15:51) Is Eduardo on this call?
  Glenn McKnight: (15:51) @Allan  just  joined  I was on the NOMCOM  for two  years and  I can  provide  comments
  Glenn McKnight: (15:52) @Olivier 's  comment on that  NOMCOM  should  be apolitical  is a nice thought  but  not  realistic
  Alan Greenberg: (15:53) Glenn, not sure if you heard my entire intervention. My feeling is that comments on the wiki to contribute to the ALAC statement are important, but so is your comments submitted directly to the PC based on your personal experience.
  Glenn McKnight: (15:53) @  I just joined and YES   I  did miss  your  comments.  Perhaps  we can do  a  SKYPE  call subsequent to theis  call  as followup
  Glenn McKnight: (15:54) @ Alan  let me know a  good time to followup
  Evan Leibovitch: (15:54) +1 @Dev
  Rinalia Abdul Rahim: (15:56) Can someone post a link to the ALT selection page?  
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh: (15:57) @Rinalia: https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+ALAC+and+RALO+Elections%2C+Selections+and+Appointments+-+2014
  Rinalia Abdul Rahim: (15:57) Thanks, Dev!
  Heidi Ullrich: (16:00) Hi All, I will be dropping off the AC room as I have another meeting.
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond: (16:00) Thanks Heidi
  Alan Greenberg: (16:02) You don't need to , I beleive our rules ALLOW you to.
  Evan Leibovitch: (16:02) IMO the issue is not closed versus open so much as that the ALAC needs to provide a rationale in any case where the regional advice is rejected.
  Fatima Cambronero: (16:03) +1 Leon
  Fatima Cambronero: (16:04) IMO, at the end of the day we are representatives, we have to be accountable and transparent...
  Loris Taylor: (16:04) Are retributions or "negative" responses been the norm?
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond: (16:05) I think it is all potential negative responses
  Raf Fatani: (16:05) Would a WG then come back to the ALAC for a vote?
  Evan Leibovitch: (16:05) @Raf, yes.
  Evan Leibovitch: (16:06) Or on the mailing list
  Leon Sanchez: (16:06) Should we add this discussion to the LA meeting agenda?
  Raf Fatani: (16:06) @Evan - Thanks
  Raf Fatani: (16:06) @Leon I think that's a good idea if we have the time to squeze it in
  Gisella Gruber: (16:08) Full ICANN Schedule published on website: http://la51.icann.org/en/schedule-full
  Gisella Gruber: (16:09) At-Large Schedule: https://community.icann.org/x/07jhAg
  Rinalia Abdul Rahim: (16:10) Question: is there time allocated for the ALAC to discuss and prepare for its meeting with the board?
  Evan Leibovitch: (16:15) Rinalia, that's usually done in advance of the meeting, in email or chat.
  Evan Leibovitch: (16:15) Because we normally have to submit our questions WAY in advance.
  Evan Leibovitch: (16:16) (Can't surprise the Board with an unexpected question, can we?)
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond: (16:16) @RInalia -- I'll address this in a moment
  Rinalia Abdul Rahim: (16:16) Evan, I don't mean the questions, I mean preparation for the discussion with the Board over ATLAS II recommendations.
  Rinalia Abdul Rahim: (16:16) OK Olivier.
  Rinalia Abdul Rahim: (16:20) Hopefully there will be materials sent to the board before the meeting.
  Rinalia Abdul Rahim: (16:22) Ideally those are recommendations for the board that serves as Advice.
  Rinalia Abdul Rahim: (16:25) GAC is getting new leadership - would the ALT be meeting with the new leadership of GAC?
  Alan Greenberg: (16:25) Please scroll agenda or turn it over to us.
  Leon Sanchez: (16:28) audio is breakind
  Rinalia Abdul Rahim: (16:28) G sounds like she is underwater.
  Rinalia Abdul Rahim: (16:29) Good.
  Rinalia Abdul Rahim: (16:29) Let's find out.
  Rinalia Abdul Rahim: (16:30) 7am. wow.
  Evan Leibovitch: (16:34) Sur;prised? London had multiple 7am meetings
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh: (16:35) and up to 4am ones ;-D
  Rinalia Abdul Rahim: (16:36) There is no shortage of early morning meetings at ICANN. :)
  Loris Taylor: (16:37) I am sorry I have to jump off the call.  Great update.
  Gisella Gruber: (16:37) Thank you Loris!
  Glenn McKnight: (16:38) sorry I was  on a  cell phone  call at the same time.
  Glenn McKnight: (16:38) I'm  on Adigo
  Glenn McKnight: (16:38) Any questions  for me on the  NARALO OUTREACH
  Gisella Gruber: (16:39) Have requested breakfast in the room by 6:45am
  Alan Greenberg: (16:40) Dropped off. listening on adobe and will call back
  Raf Fatani: (16:41) hahaha
  Alan Greenberg: (16:41) Back
  Glenn McKnight: (16:41) Alan if you havee  any questions  for  me  let me know about the  NARALO Showcase event.
  Glenn McKnight: (16:42) As stated  we are still working on sponsorship for the drinks  but  in the interim we will have a  cash bar
  Alan Greenberg: (16:42) No. Wasn't worried about details, just a concern that at the last NARALO meeting, the funding report was not great.
  Glenn McKnight: (16:43)  The  budget is  roughly $5,500 with a  cash bar  and  we have sponsorship from Affilias and ICANN for  roughly $2,500 , the speaker and the  dance performance is covered by Loris Taylor.   We are still working on more sponsorship for the event.  Hopefully at  least  one drink would be good.  
  Glenn McKnight: (16:44) Softdrinks  to be provided free
  Glenn McKnight: (16:45) no
  Ariel Liang: (16:45) This is the remote hub wiki page: https://community.icann.org/x/UsXhAg
  Silvia Vivanco: (16:45) @ Antonio, if you have not heard /have not received an email re HUBS let us know
  Silvia Vivanco: (16:45) and we will follow up with staff
  Glenn McKnight: (16:45) @ariel  we are working on a press release to promote the HUB  with Murray.  
  Glenn McKnight: (16:45) We will send the press release  draft  today
  Ariel Liang: (16:46) Remote Hub remote hub technical requirement in Spanish is here: https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/48350546/Remote%20Hub%20Technical%20Documentation-es.pdf?version=1&modificationDate=1409161527000&api=v2
  Ariel Liang: (16:46) @Glenn thanks for the information
  Glenn McKnight: (16:46) Waiting for  quote from CIRA
  Gisella Gruber: (16:49) Antonio has dropped off the call - we are trying to connect him again
  Ariel Liang: (16:50) Post ATLAS II Implementation table: https://community.icann.org/x/LsPhAg
  Rinalia Abdul Rahim: (16:50) Pls remember to define what "valuable" members of the community mean.
  Rinalia Abdul Rahim: (16:51) And consider asking for future summits and regional meetings.
  Fatima Cambronero: (16:55) @Gisella, my call was dropped
  Raf Fatani: (16:57) Is this an open group? Can I join?
  Fatima Cambronero: (16:57) can you call me again?
  Fatima Cambronero: (16:58) back. Thanks
  Evan Leibovitch: (17:01) is which an open group? The FCWG and the new gTLD WG are both open
  Evan Leibovitch: (17:01) You're absolutely welcome. Just send an email to At-Large staff asking to be added
  Evan Leibovitch: (17:01) to either
  Raf Fatani: (17:02) Super - Thanks @evan
  Ariel Liang: (17:06) https://community.icann.org/x/tMPhAg
  Ariel Liang: (17:06) https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/48350132/Website%20Revamp.pdf?version=1&modificationDate=1410823144000&api=v2
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond: (17:06) This is the WIKI page for the Web Site Revamp. Hurray!!!!!!!
  Raf Fatani: (17:09) Well done on this Social Media outreach!
  Ariel Liang: (17:12) Thank you Raf!
  Ariel Liang: (17:12) Twitter: https://twitter.com/ICANN_AtLarge
  Ariel Liang: (17:12) Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/icann.atlarge?ref=tn_tnmn
  Ariel Liang: (17:12) follow & like us :)
  Raf Fatani: (17:13) I do!
  Fatima Cambronero: (17:13) me too, @Ariel! :)
  Ariel Liang: (17:14) Thank you Raf and Fatima :)
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh: (17:14) guess this is the last ALAC call before LA
  Silvia Vivanco: (17:14) Thank you very much to all
  Rinalia Abdul Rahim: (17:14) Keep it up, Ariel.
  Fatima Cambronero: (17:14) Thanks to the interpreters!
  Silvia Vivanco: (17:14) and our interpreters
  Raf Fatani: (17:15) =(
  Alan Greenberg: (17:15) Ariel, can we have a chart of the French national debt for the next update?
  Leon Sanchez: (17:15) Bravo Olivier!!
  Wolf Ludwig: (17:15) Bravo Olivier and thanks!
  Raf Fatani: (17:15) Thank you so uch Olivier!
  sandra hoferichter: (17:15) well done Olivier!
  Ron Sherwood: (17:15) Thank you and Bye All
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh: (17:15) Thanks Olivier, thanks all
  Leon Sanchez: (17:15) Thanks to all
  Fatima Cambronero: (17:15) Thanks Olivier!
  Ariel Liang: (17:15) Thank you all!!!
  Rinalia Abdul Rahim: (17:15) Well done, Olivier!
  Allan Skuce: (17:15) Thanks. Olivier. Bye
  Evan Leibovitch: (17:15) bye. you're not rid of us THAT fast, Olivier!
  Silvia Vivanco: (17:15) and thank you to  our Chair Olivier!
  Fatima Cambronero: (17:15) thanks all, bye
  Ron A: (17:15) Congratulations on a long and successful chairmanship, Olivier!
  Gisella Gruber: (17:17) Thank you all

• No labels