You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.

Compare with Current View Page History

Version 1 Current »

NAME: Maureen Hilyard

Region: Asian, Australasian and Pacific Islands RALO

Term: 2013-2015

MONTHLY REPORT - FEBRUARY 2014

1. ALAC and ALT meetings - 1 ALAC and 2 ALT meetings this month - decision making - reported on ALAC Metrics WG update and progress on the ALAC-ccNSO joiint meeting in Singapore
  2. APRALO - Showcase: Assisted with planning of the Showcase for Singapore - produced a powerpoint and a brochure. our Showcase is based on our theme "Celebrating Diversity". Lots of work is done by email. Siranush is a powerhouse!
  3. APRALO monthly meeting - reported on ALAC Metrics discussions with RALOs. Pacific ALS presentation from InternetNZ by Ellen Strickland - PICISOC VC. Also took on co-penholder role to put together the MOUs for APNIC (with Holly) and for APTLD (with Sala)
  4. APRALO Rules of Procedure - have taken on the role of penholder to get the APRALO ROP ready for Members to check and make changes before they vote on adopting them in Singapore.
  5. ALAC-ccNSO Liaison - the joint ALAC-ccNSO committee met this month to plan our joint meeting in Singapore - it will be a lunch time meeting where we will introduce each others purpose and composition. I will introduce the ALAC to the ccNSO group and Katrina will do likewise about the ccNSO. The combined group will then look at common issues and joint activities we might become involved in, and then discuss some internet governance issues. - hot topic at the moment. 
  6. ALAC Metrics WG:  I have been involved in consultation with RALO leaders for the past 6 months - feedback on our wiki page. Dev and I met with staff to discuss what their possible involvement might be. We are preparing a presentation for Singapore - we also had 2 formal WG meetings this month  and another one due next week to finesse our presentations. The model we are proposing includes an attendance sheet (more complicated than it looks) and a monthly report by individual ALAC members (what I am doing now). Seems there is a problem with some ALAC members not being able to use the wiki
  7. Board Member Selection Process Committee:  We held two meetings this month to organise a call for ALAC and At Large members to question the 5 initial candidates before the first round of voting on March 12.There was quite a bit of discussion about the process. The actual call was  fraught with technical problems. Rinalia was in China and her phone connection broke down near the end. We could hardly hear Sebastian because of a bad connection. Others were difficult to hear. Voting should be interesting. 
  8. FOIWG - Freedom of Interpretation WG meets fortnightly- we are currently looking at Terminology used in recent policy documents that the WG has been working on for a couple of years. They are putting together a glossary to go with their work. 
  9. ATLASII Events Committee - we are putting together a Showcase event for the London meeting - called Fayre of Opportunity (like an old English Fair) with ALSes displaying wares and food, etc from their countries
  10. Technology Taskforce - I attended one meeting this month to support Dev in his work on the Metrics WG application that he is developing. We used Lucid which worked well for me, but i understand that isn't popular with others. 

• No labels