Julia Charvolen:Welcome all to the At-Large Briefing Session on ICANN in the internet Eco-System on Tuesday 05 November 2013 at 1700 UTC
  Julia Charvolen:Agenda: https://community.icann.org/x/khWfAg
  Julia Charvolen:@ Plamena: Could I get your name for attendance please
  Plamena:Plamena Popova
  Julia Charvolen:Thank you
  Adrian Carballo:Hi Everyone
  Julia Charvolen:Hello Adrian
  Julia Charvolen:@ Adrian, we will dial out to you shortly
  chris lahatte:hi from New Zealand
  Julia Charvolen:Hello Chris
  Adrian Carballo:Ok. thanks
  Julia Charvolen:Dear all - Spanish interpretation is available on 1738
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:Is agneda going to be updatef?
  Julia Charvolen:If you require a dial out please let staff now in the chat
  Maureen Hilyard:Hi everyone from the Cook Islands. Hi Chris
  Sylvia Herlein- LACRALO:Hello everybody
  chris lahatte:Hi. Maureen
  Tijani BEN JEMAA:Hi all
  Alberto Soto:Hi all
  Otunte Otueneh (ISOC Nigeria Chapter):Hello everyone, apologies for joining late. I had issues with my internet connection
  Fatimata:hello All
  Siranush Vardanyan:hello everyone
  Fatima Cambronero:hello everyone
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:hi all
  Aída Noblia:Holla a todos
  Heidi Ullrich:Hi All
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Hello everyone
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:the telephone icon
  Glenn McKnight:Hi All from chilly Canada
  Glenn McKnight:Missing the  IETF in Vancouver
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:yah!!!
  Aislan Vargas Basilio:Hello everyone
  nigel hickson:greetings all!
  Wolf Ludwig:@Julia: Can you please add Sandra among Apologies -- she is in the hospital this week. Thanks!
  Julia Charvolen:@ Wolf, yes sure will do that, thank you
  Fatimata:@ Tijani, we had 62 partipants
  Heidi Ullrich:Thanks, Olivier! I was waiting to present that later ;)
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:--- it is a page that's too excellent to keep under wraps
  Heidi Ullrich:Welcome, Sebastien!
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:also WS's  involving our ALSesb such as the one on  Broadband access and costsnin Small Island Developing States, contributions to Accessability Issues WS's, etc., featured speakers from a number of ALSes plus several more...  we had I believe excelent involvement also from contributions to sessions from other panelists and intervention activities... We also contributed to the activities of outreach from the ICANN booth in the Village....
  Diego Acosta Bastidas EC:Saludos desde el Ecuador, puedo acceder al canal en español EN el adobe connect ? Diego Acosta Bastidas
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:and a number of side meetings ;-}
  Julia Charvolen:@ Diego- Adobe Connect is in english
  Julia Charvolen:if you'd like to have Spanish interpretation, adigo is 1738
  Julia Charvolen:or we can dial out to you if you like
  Diego Acosta Bastidas EC:Julia, por favor llamarme en el canal español al 59322248521
  Julia Charvolen:@ Diego - we will dial out to you
  Diego Acosta Bastidas EC:Gracias Julia, gracias apreciado staff
  Maureen Hilyard:And there was a good ICANN attendance at Kuek's session on his proprosed programme for the Asia Pacific - and planning further discussion and consultation
  Julia Charvolen:You are welcome
  Diego Acosta Bastidas EC:Julia welcome too EC.
  Julia Charvolen:@ Fatimata, we do not hear you on Adobe Connect
  Julia Charvolen:We can hear you now
  Julia Charvolen:Please mute your microphones if you are not speaking, thank you
  Fatimata:you are Tijani welcome
  Heidi Ullrich:At-Large was noted several times by staff as being very coordinated at the IGF :)
  Heidi Ullrich:Thanks, Maureen!!!
  Maureen Hilyard:my pleasure :)
  Fatimata:Yes Maureen was Great!!!
  Natalia Enciso:Hello, sorry for beign late. Got lot of work at office.
  Glenn McKnight:Perhaps put the graphic in the middle
  Glenn McKnight:Did they have AT Large Brochures at the ICANN booth?
  Heidi Ullrich:@Glenn, as many docs were available as possible. Unfortunately, the shipment of folders/brochures that were sent did not make it out of customs in time...
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:yes -- but there was a problem with the shipping of all documentation into Indonesia. So all the material was stuck in Jakarta & the brochures etc. were all that Staff could carry with them in their luggage
  Heidi Ullrich:The ATLAS II postcard was distributed in a slightly larger format
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:we also had some ATLAS II cards that were printed locally. A4 card :-)
  Diego Acosta Bastidas EC:Se puede preguntar al representante de Europa, luego de termianr su presentaciòn ?
  Heidi Ullrich:President Rousseff's Twitter announcement re Brazil Summit:https://twitter.com/dilmabr/status/388024593408987136
  Heidi Ullrich:ALAC letter to Fadi Chehade on Brazil Summit: http://atlarge.icann.org/correspondence/correspondence-19oct13-en.htm
  Diego Acosta Bastidas EC:Pregunta: En el análisis del nuevo eco sistema del internet habrà oportunidad para el software libre, existe ya un grupo de trabajo al respecto ?
  Diego Acosta Bastidas EC:Pregunta: En el análisis del nuevo eco sistema del internet habrà oportunidad para el software libre, existe ya un grupo de trabajo al respecto ?
  Glenn McKnight:On Internet Governance   ISOC  has called for papers  
  Diego Acosta Bastidas EC:Por favor, pueden enviar el link de la diapositiva que està eintegrada en el Adobe Connect ?
  Julia Charvolen:Please mute your microhpnes if you are not speaking, thank you
  Diego Acosta Bastidas EC: Pregunta: En el análisis del nuevo eco sistema del internet habrà oportunidad para el software libre, existe ya un grupo de trabajo al respecto ?
  Glenn McKnight:Sorry not on ADIGO
  Alan Greenberg:I can hear twice!
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:there is an OCL echo
  Glenn McKnight:only Adobe Connect
  Glenn McKnight:Here is the link to the call for papers
  Glenn McKnight:Here is the link
  Glenn McKnight:Has  five  themes on Internet Governance
  Glenn McKnight:At large  members should be submitting abstracts  due by Dec 13
  Diego Acosta Bastidas EC:Gracias por el link Dev.
  Siranush Vardanyan:sorry, need to leave now for an hour and then get ready for another call
  Wolf Ludwig:It wouldn't be Fadi having missed such an opportunity! He proofed to have the rights sense again!
  Alan Greenberg:We are part of the overall process that controls how the Internet works (yes only specific parts), so how could we ignore such an initiative.
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:ICANN should in my view contribute in these ways to the thought leadership and discussions in the Internet Echosystem  including to the  MSM "debate"
  Fatimata:Besides, the all idea that originated the IGF was about controlling the Internet and its technical management
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:ICANN runs of coursenarguably one of the most inclusiveband generous  MSM's in practical terms as well  IMO  (I am I suppose biased I admit)
  Fatimata:ICANN has definitely to be involved
  Fatimata:+1 @CLO
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:we do need to grapple with the attitude from some parts CS to the InternetnTechnical Community (I* ++ and inclusive of course ICANN)  Therenisbsadly considerable distrust there...  
  Diego Acosta Bastidas EC:Thanks Julia.
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:I think OUR  ALS rolenus ESSENTIAL here ... Yesb  OCL
  Diego Acosta Bastidas EC:Thanks Heidi.ç
  Garth Graham:How did ICANN's choice of the phrase "Internet Ecosystem" occur?
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:@Garth: the Internet Ecosystem was coined @ ISOC around 5+ years ago
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:or possibly even before that time
  Garth Graham:I am well aware of that
  Diego Acosta Bastidas EC:Question: If ICANN 48 meeting in Buenos Aires will discuss the Internet ecosystem, there will be room to discuss free software?
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:back with last CEO  I believe  Garth  perhaps  staff can find a hitory note...
  Julia Charvolen:@ Chris - Did you manage to get your mic on in AC?
  Julia Charvolen:Please let us know if you wish for us to dial out to you
  Garth Graham:My point would be that ecosystem is a concept related to dynamic self-organizing systems with huge consequences for how issues are framed and stories told.
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:ICANN did not coin "ecosystem" for Internet
  chris lahatte:yes that would help, phone is +64210705236
  Julia Charvolen:We will dial out to you Chris
  chris lahatte:great
  Julia Charvolen:We are dialing to you
  chris lahatte:ready for call, but on now
  Julia Charvolen:Chris is on the phone bridge
  Julia Charvolen:We are dialing back
  chris lahatte:on Spanish bridge..call just dropped
  Julia Charvolen:Chris is on the English cahnnel
  Wolf Ludwig:Hear you later again ... Bye.
  chris lahatte:on line now
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Diego   not sure if you will see specific discussion on that specifically but topic may come up in contributions ... the matter does fit into  future  IGF  IincludingbNational Initiatives though...
  Heidi Ullrich:Thanks, Nigel!
  Raf Fatani:thanks Nigel!
  Fatimata:thank you Nigel
  Heidi Ullrich:Thanks Olivier, Tijani and Rinalia for the At-Large @ IGF update
  Heidi Ullrich:2014 IGF will be in Istanbul
  Alberto Soto:Thanks! bye bye, I am whithing in Buenos Aires!
  Allan Skuce:Bye
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:bye all
  Fatimata:thank you Olivier and all
  Darlene Thompson:Thank you all!
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Thanks everyone
  Heidi Ullrich:Thanks, All!
  Raf Fatani:Thank you Olivier, and everyone!
  chris lahatte:Bye all
  Rinalia Abdul Rahim:Bye everyone
  Natalia Enciso:bye
  Natalia Enciso:all
  Ellen Strickland:thanks all and bye
  Maureen Hilyard:bye everyone
  Adrian Carballo:Bye all
  Sylvia Herlein- LACRALO:bye tks
  Matt Ashtiani:thanks, all. have a good day!
  Aislan Vargas Basilio:bye all
  • No labels