Julia Charvolen:Welcome to the NARALO monthly call on Monday 21 October 2013 at 1900 UTC
  Julia Charvolen:Agenda: https://community.icann.org/x/6QSfAg
  Alfredo Calderon:Hello, from San Juan, Puerto Rico.
  Allan Skuce:Greetings.
  Gordon Chillcott:Hello, Alan.
  Silvia Vivanco:Hello all
  Eduardo Diaz:¡Hola a Todos!
  Silvia Vivanco:Hola Eduardo
  Eduardo Diaz:Saludos Alfredo
  Alfredo Calderon:I'm present as a guest by Eduardo Diaz.  I am here on behalf of the Hispanic Educational Technology Services (HETS) group. We have applied for at-large membership.
  Alfredo Calderon:Saludos Eduardo.
  Louis Houle:Saludos Alfredo
  Garth Bruen:Welcome everyone
  Alfredo Calderon:Thank You, Garth.
  Evan Leibovitch:Damned adobe connect doesn't work under Linux doesn't work anymore
  Alfredo Calderon:Louise, thank you for the welcome.
  Alfredo Calderon:Sorry for the "e" Loius
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:@evan - which version of Linux are you using and of course is the latest flash player installed?
  Julia Charvolen:Murray McKercher joined the call
  Heidi Ullrich:BA meeting - done!
  Heidi Ullrich:Monday afternoon
  Heidi Ullrich:Ticketeing system - in progress
  Julia Charvolen:Kerry brown joined the meeting
  Silvia Vivanco:2. Review of Action Items of call July 2012  - Darlene Thompson  (2 min)2.1, NARALO Monthly call 2013.09.092.2. NARALO Monthly Report2.3. NARALO call time will observe DST until its end Sunday 3 November 2013 (See 12.2 for details)2.4. Staff: Please perpetually reserve the October Monday designated for Canadian Thanksgiving (Columbus Day in the U.S.) and postpone the monthly NARALO call until the following week.2.5. Apologies for last week's confusion2.6. Staff: Please advise on the results of the runoff election for secretariat2.7. Chair sent a preliminary proposal to the other RALOs about reserving At-Large strings in the DNS (See item 5.1.from September call)
  Silvia Vivanco:There are more AIs
  Eduardo Diaz:We do plus 21 more
  Heidi Ullrich:BA meeting:
  Heidi Ullrich:Monday, 18 November 2013NARALO Monthly MeetingTime: 16:00-17:00Meeting Room: Golden Horn
  Tom Lowenhaupt:Stepped awaw for a minute - back now.
  Evan Leibovitch:I've responded
  Heidi Ullrich:The survey takes 10 mintues
  Silvia Vivanco:@ Garth I will send you the list of persons who have NOT voted
  Silvia Vivanco:so you can ask them
  Silvia Vivanco:to respond
  Heidi Ullrich:Welcome, Christopher and Joe.
  Eduardo Diaz:What is GSE?
  Heidi Ullrich:There will be a ATLAS II Events meeting in the next few weeks as well as an ATLAS II PR group meeting
  Heidi Ullrich:The members of the At-Large community who are attending the IGF in Bali will be promoting the Summit.
  Heidi Ullrich:There is a postcard: http://atlarge.icann.org/summit/atlas-ii-en.htm
  Eduardo Diaz:GSE = Global Stakeholder Engagement
  Garth Graham:I attended online.  To me there was less opportunity for dialog than previous
  Garth Graham:I'm referring to CIRA
  Heidi Ullrich:Correct, invitations for BA meteings will be sent this week
  Heidi Ullrich:Joe can meet remotely
  Heidi Ullrich:by Skype with video
  Heidi Ullrich:second best thing to being there in person ;)
  Heidi Ullrich:NARALO brochures will be dlivered by hand to Glenn in Vancourver
  Heidi Ullrich:ah...
  Heidi Ullrich:@Glenn, should we give the brochures to Kerry?
  Kerry Brown ISOC CA:I'd be happy to hand out brochures. Not sure yet what the format will be but assume it will be a table somewhere where I can interact with IETF attendees
  Heidi Ullrich:Thanks, Kerry. I will let Carlos Reyes who will be bringing them
  Heidi Ullrich:know...
  Silvia Vivanco:Community Regional Outreach Pilot Program (FY14)  (CROPP)
  Heidi Ullrich:sorry, Silvia!
  Silvia Vivanco:np
  Heidi Ullrich:https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AoKuqbah1E3YdDI3a1FIZzZDWWItVS1FMkRMdjdSWFE[12:28:09PM] Evan Leibovitch: That is the Google Drive document... I can't do it in Adobe Connect[12:29:11 PM] Evan Leibovitch: could someone please paste that in the AC room?
  Eduardo Diaz:Here are some of the people already involved:https://community.icann.org/display/gsecmntyrgnloutrchprgm/CROPP+Contacts
  Heidi Ullrich:The CROPP only covers flight, hotel and per diem
  Heidi Ullrich:It is meant for existing conferences
  Heidi Ullrich:3 nights/2 nights
  Heidi Ullrich:It is a pilot program.
  Eduardo Diaz:It is just a piulot priogram  to find things like what Evan is suggesting
  Heidi Ullrich:The metrics will be reivewed at the end of the FY.
  Heidi Ullrich:It also has to have the approval of the Regional VP from GSE
  Tom Lowenhaupt:sorry my ,mic is out.  will phone
  Alfredo Calderon:The deliverables mentioned can better be accomplished with a physical space where people can congregate and discuss ICANN and ISOC and other activities.
  Alfredo Calderon:If it is a pilot allocate a reasonable amount of funding based on expect outcomes of the strategy.
  Heidi Ullrich:Thanks for joining, Garth!
  Julia Charvolen:Please mute your microphones if you are not speaking, thank you
  Julia Charvolen:Tom Lowenhaupt joined the phone bridge
  Tom Lowenhaupt:Connected via dial-in now.
  Heidi Ullrich:186) Hispanic Educational Technology Services [PDF, 833 KB]
  Garth Bruen:Ok tom, you'll be next
  Alfredo Calderon:hets.org
  Heidi Ullrich:Staff is conducting Due Diligence
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Have to leave to prepare for another call. Re: CROPP, look for an email from the Outreach SC soon
  Alfredo Calderon:My understanding is that HETS on Step III.
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:take care all
  Eduardo Diaz:I am working with other organizations to get them involve with ICANN.It just takes sometime for them to digest ICANN
  Eduardo Diaz:By Dev
  Scott Sullivan (GTALUG):Vote on the colour of the bike shed.
  Silvia Vivanco:Finance and Budget Subcommittee WG Teleconference
  Heidi Ullrich:Great news regarding ISOC DC!!
  Silvia Vivanco:Bye all
  Heidi Ullrich:bye
  Alfredo Calderon:Bye
  • No labels