You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.

Compare with Current View Page History

« Previous Version 6 Next »

Application Logistics (submission, review, decision):

• Wiki template (Form includes: Traveler Name, Dates, Purpose/Goals, Proposed Outcomes, Estimated Costs, etc.)
  • ICANN approvals required: Requester's Structure, Regional VP, and Program Administration
  • Timeframes for review and approval

Deliverables:

• Program guidelines
  • Wiki instructions
  • Process flow diagram

Metrics:

KB: I think we should stay away from 'metrics' in this first iteration of a brand new program:

1. It will be difficult, if not impossible, to fashion even a few quantitative measurements that will reflect on the program's overall mission. I have attempted to come up with some and cannot make a convincing case that any of my ideas are worthy of support.
  2. Focusing on numerical values (e.g., how many new recruits were signed up) could easily miss the overarching value of the program (see principles).
  3. If measurements and criteria are established, participants may pay more attention to ensuring that they "score" well, which could jeopardize other more important qualitative aspects of the outreach program.
  4. Metrics can and often do add 'negative' stress which may sub-optimize the performance of participants engaging in outreach activities.

Program Requirements

• Post-Trip Assessment:
    1. A detailed evaluation, including how trip objectives were or were not met, will be important in helping to determine whether the program should be extended or continued. 
    2. Submit via Wiki template
    3. Three weeks deadline (from date of return)
  • No labels

For comments, suggestions, or technical support concerning this space, please email: ICANN Policy Department
© 2015 Internet Corporation For Assigned Names and Numbers