10:33:09 From Yeşim Saglam - ICANN Org To Everyone:
    Hello, my name is Yeşim Sağlam and I will be monitoring this chat room. In this role, I am the voice for the remote participants.  Please note that I will read aloud comments/questions submitted in English within the time set by the Chair of this session.

When submitting a question or comment that you want me to read out loud on the mic,  please start with a <QUESTION> and end with a “</QUESTION>” or <COMMENT> </COMMENT>. Text outside these quotes will be considered as part of “chat” and will not be read out loud on the microphone.

To listen to the interpretation, please click on the interpretation icon in the Zoom toolbar and select the language you will listen to and/or speak during this session.
10:33:19 From Yeşim Saglam - ICANN Org To Everyone:
    This session also includes automated real time transcription.  By clicking on the “closed caption” button in the Zoom toolbar you can view the real time transcription.  This transcript is not official or authoritative.

As requested verbally, please rename your sign-in name with your full name.  If you do not use your full name (e.g. First Name + Last Name/Surname), you may be removed from this session.

Please note that chat sessions are being archived and are governed by the ICANN Expected Standards of Behavior: http://www.icann.org/en/news/in-focus/accountability/expected-standards.
10:36:06 From Linda, Adjunct Ombuds To Everyone:
    Greetings to everyone from the Ombuds team!
10:36:32 From Michel TCHONANG CMR To Everyone:
    Hi Linda, welcome
10:40:20 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr To Everyone:
    Reacted to "Greetings to everyon..." with 
10:40:24 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr To Everyone:
10:42:55 From Sandra Rodriguez El Salvador To Everyone:
    Hi all
10:57:27 From Alfredo Calderon To Everyone:
11:02:48 From Raymond Mamattah To Everyone:
    Congratulations!
11:03:26 From Alfredo Calderon To Everyone:
11:13:05 From Sivasubramanian M To Everyone:
    <q,> what has changed between ssad-oda and rdrs?
11:13:41 From Sivasubramanian M To Everyone:
    Hand up also for an idn q
11:17:40 From Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond To Everyone:
    we'll open the floor for Questions and Comments after the updates, hopefully having a bit of time
11:34:47 From Hadia Elminiawi To Everyone:
    Please put your questions in the Q&A box, we can always go back to the questions if we have time
11:35:33 From Hadia Elminiawi To Everyone:
    Otherwise we could provide answers offline after the session
11:36:07 From Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond To Everyone:
    Replying to "<q,> what has change..."

Alan Greenberg answered this question in his intervention.
11:36:21 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr To Everyone:
    Reacted to "Alan Greenberg answe..." with 
11:47:16 From Sivasubramanian M To Everyone:
    Thank you Justine, not to persist, but to clarify, the question was not at all about how variants are determined by label generation rules, but how variants that are variants by these rules are reserved for the existing, new gTLD and next round Registry that happens to be the first Registry for a given TLD, for example .COM or .MUSIC or .YET,  should the first Registry for any TLD be deemed to have taken all the variants / accents of the first  Registry of any TLD ? And to a reasonable extent on tge second level also?
11:47:53 From Steinar Grøtterød (At-Large) To Everyone:
    The RA/RAA amendment for DNS Abuse should be mentioned. If the amendment is not being approved (there definitely is a possibility that the RAA will not have sufficient “yes”).
11:50:52 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr To Everyone:
    Reacted to "The RA/RAA amendment..." with 
11:53:30 From Steinar Grøtterød (At-Large) To Everyone:
    NIS2 may also affect the CPWG policy discussions
11:53:42 From Lutz Donnerhacke To Everyone:
    Someone should invent an "Expedited Micro-PDP on fast-track" consisting on a single work-group session without any followup.
11:54:56 From Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond To Everyone:
    CPWG - Consolidated Policy Working Group Home Page is on: https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=82411661#ConsolidatedPolicyWorkingGroup(CPWG)-Resources
11:55:34 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr To Everyone:
    The main influence on the time taken in a ODO (e type or otherwise)is the preciseness of the scope of work, going forward more tightly scoped (and Chartered) Policy processes  will see greater efficiencies  being seen... Or that *is* the intent.
11:56:34 From Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond To Everyone:
    From the CPWG HOme Page you will find the resources which Cheryl has mentgioned about "SubPro" - GTLD Next Round - on: https://community.icann.org/display/alacpolicydev/At-Large+Workspace%3A+SubPro+Updates
12:03:34 From Joanna Kulesza To Everyone:
    Replying to "Thank you Justine, n..."

Hi Siva, this is Justine. Firstly, the RZ-LGR will be the authoritative source for what is variant for every existing TLD and sting. If .COM were to have variants - which I am not commenting that there are or are not - then those variants will be part of the variant TLD set that only the RO that can apply for - this is a policy recommendation out of the IDNs EPDP. But please do not confuse variants with confusing similarity. Please come speak to me if I still haven't answered your question adequately. Thanks.
12:05:19 From Sandra Rodriguez El Salvador To Everyone:
    Thank you
12:05:45 From Yeşim Saglam - ICANN Org To Everyone:
    Thank you all for your participation. This meeting is now adjourned.
12:05:48 From AZEEM SAJJAD To Everyone:
    Thanks

• No labels

1 Comment

1. I am sorry for missing this meeting. I was in another session at ICANN78.

Please find below the link to a PPT based on the observations I made in the various ICANN meetings I have attended so far.

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1p4Ye1WIhsxtD2NcZrgJS3TgcNfwOGR2b/edit?usp=share_link&ouid=104345269710368977521&rtpof=true&sd=true

Core Submission:

By definition the term "Policy Development" includes certain mechanisms for implementation. It is hazardous to ignore this principle. Technology though seldom neutral has a defintive basis for mechanism that mark the boundary and assure upward compatibility.

Useful Reference:

UNESCO’s Internet Universality Indicators are a set of 303 indicators that aim to assess the state of Internet development at the national level according to the ROAM principles of human Rights, Openness, Accessibility, Multi-stakeholder participation. The concentrated set is 109 “core indicators”.

Please visit: https://www.unesco.org/en/internet-universality-indicators/roam-x

• Dr. T V Gopal