You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.

Compare with Current View Page History

Version 1 Current »

• Category: ccTLD, International Agreement
  • Topic: Delegation of the .ME (Montenegro) Domain, Delegation of the .RS (Serbia) Domain, and Redelegation of the .YU (former Yugoslavia) Domain
  • Board meeting date: 11 September 2007
  • Resolution number: 07.75, 07.76, 07.77, 07.78, 07.79
  • URL for Board minutes/resolution: http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/minutes-11sep07.htm

Summary
The Board approved the delegation of the .ME domain to the Government of Montenegro and the delegation of the .RS domain to the Serbian National Register of Internet Domain Names, and adopted procedures to complete the transition from the .YU domain to the .RS and .ME domains, so that .YU may be removed from the DNS root zone no later than 30 September 2009.

Text

RESOLVED (07.75), that the proposed delegation of the .ME domain to the Government of Montenegro is approved.

RESOLVED (07.76), that the proposed delegation of the .RS domain to the Serbian National Register of Internet Domain Names is approved.

RESOLVED (07.77), that the .YU domain be redelegated to the Serbian National Registry of Internet Domain Names in a temporary caretaker capacity.

RESOLVED (07.78), that the Serbian National Registry of Internet Domain Names be instructed to report their progress on decommissioning the .YU domain every six months to ICANN against a relevant set of metrics.

RESOLVED (07.79), that the Serbian National Registry of Internet Domain Names, and the Government of Montenegro, work to complete the transition from the .YU domain to the .RS and .ME domains, so that it may be removed from the DNS root zone no later than 30 September 2009.

Implementation Actions

• Report on progress on decommissioning the .YU domain
    • Responsible entity: Serbian National Registry of Internet Domain Names
    • Due date: Every six months until 30 September 2009
    • Completion date: 1 April 2010
  • Complete the transition from the .YU domain to the .RS and .ME domains
    • Responsible entity: Serbian National Registry of Internet Domain Names and the Government of Montenegro
    • Due date: 30 September 2009
    • Completion date: 1 April 2010

Other Related Resolutions

• Board Resolution 2009.09.30.15, adopted on 30 September 2009, extending the deadline for .YU domain decommissioning to 30 March 2010.
  • Board Resolution 00.13, adopted on 10 March 2000, whereby the Board authorized the President and staff to work with the ccTLD managers, Governmental Advisory Committee, and other interested parties to prepare draft language for ccTLD contracts, policy statements, and/or communications.
  • Board Resolution 01.37, adopted on 13 March 2001, whereby the Board directed ICANN management to complete drafts of legacy agreements, and to pursue, as needed, acceptable ccTLD agreements.
  • Other Resolutions TBD

Additional Information

Explanatory text does not modify or override Resolutions. See Board Resolutions Page for more information.

Note: The "Add Comment" box below is for sharing information about implementation of this resolution. Off-topic comments will be removed.

• No labels