Welcome to the online home of the At-Large (individual Internet user community) for the African region, providing news, key resources and interactive features for information sharing for individuals and end-user groups in the African region interested in ICANN and shaping the future of the Internet.
- What is ICANN?
- What is At-Large?
- How do I get involved?
- What type of groups can be At-Large Structures?
- Why become an At-Large Structure?
- AFRALO ALSes
16 March 2011: African ICANN Community Adopts a Statement of the ICANN African Community on ICANN Geographic Regions Review
AFRALO and AFrICANN adopted a Statement from the African ICANN community during their meeting at the ICANN Silicon Valley Meeting in San Francisco on 16 March 2011. The Statement of the ICANN African Community on ICANN Geographic Regions Review (EN, FR) was submitted to the ICANN Board by Tijani Ben Jemaa on behalf of the African ICANN Community.
25 January 2011: Please contribute to the SWOT Analysis of At-Large Improvements WT C
5 January 2011: AFRALO releases Draft Action Plan for 2011 (pdf)
7 December 2010: African ICANN Community Publishes Statement on New gTLDs and Volunteer Participation in ICANN
AFRALO and AfrICANN endorsed two Statements from the African ICANN community during theirjoint meeting in Cartagena on 7 December 2010: The Statement in Support for New gTLD Applicants - Cartagena and the Statement on African Participation were submitted to the ICANN Board by Tijani Ben Jemaa on behalf of the African ICANN community. They were also endorsed by the ALAC and added to the ALAC Chair's report to the Board of ICANN. In addition to that, the Statement on new gTLDs was also submitted to the public consultation on the Draft Final Guidebook for new gTLD applicants and the Joint SO/AC Working Group on new gTLDs.
- Next AFRALO Teleconference: 04 May 2011
- Latest AFRALO Teleconference: 06 April 2011
- AFRALO Geo Regions Teleconference: 25 January 2011
- AFRALO/AfrICANN Preparation meeting for San Francisco: 21 February 2011
- AFRALO Secretariat Monthly Reports
- Older Announcements
- Policy Development Schedule - See what Policy Statements the At-Large Community is currently working on.
- List of certified ALSes
- List of certified AFRALO ALSes
- ALS applications being reviewed (Google Docs account needed for access)
- AFRALO MOU and Organising Documents
- AFRALO Regional Officers
- AFRALO Participation Criteria (Français)
- [Meetings and Events]
- At-Large Advisory Committee Meetings
- ICANN International Meetings
- At-Large Policy Working Groups
<IFRAME frameborder="0" height="600" mce_src="https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?title=At-Large&height=600&wkst=1&bgcolor=%23FFFFFF&src=mg77af7hggs3b8vmi7ove5nk7c%40group.calendar.google.com&color=%235A6986&src=0cutm6ftq8gt115g02arka0858%40group.calendar.google.com&color=%23AB8B00&ctz=Etc%2FGMT" mce_style=" border-width:0 " scrolling="no" src="https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?title=At-Large&height=600&wkst=1&bgcolor=%23FFFFFF&src=mg77af7hggs3b8vmi7ove5nk7c%40group.calendar.google.com&color=%235A6986&src=0cutm6ftq8gt115g02arka0858%40group.calendar.google.com&color=%23AB8B00&ctz=Etc%2FGMT" style="border-width: 0pt;" width="800"></IFRAME>
- APRALO: Asian/Australian/Pacific RALO
- EURALO: European RALO
- LACRALO: Latin America and the Caribbean RALO
- NARALO: North American RALO
- At-Large official website
- At-Large mailing lists - Join the debate online
- ICANN official website