--------------------------------------------------- (03/14/2019 08:25) ---------------------------------------------------

Evin Erdoğdu: Hello, my name is Evin Erdogdu and I will be monitoring this chat room. In this role, I am the voice for the remote participants, ensuring that they are heard equally with those who are “in-room” participants. When submitting a question that you want me to read out loud on the mic, please provide your name and affiliation if you have one, start your sentence with <QUESTION> and end it with <QUESTION>. When submitting a comment that you want me to read out loud of the mic, once again provide your name and affiliation if you have one then start your sentence with a <COMMENT> and end it with <COMMENT>.  Text outside these quotes will be considered as part of “chat” and will not be read out loud on the mic. Any questions or comments provided outside of the session time will not be read aloud. Please note that audio is available in French and Spanish. All chat sessions are being archived and follow the ICANN Expected Standards of Behavior: https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/expected-standards-2012-05-15

--------------------------------------------------- (03/14/2019 09:03) ---------------------------------------------------

Abdulkarim oloyede: <Comments> I would like to commend those that put the agenda together however I would like to see that new commers are taking into consideration and the agenda should include how to actually get involved in the policy process and what it entails and things like what and how  it mean to be a pen holder. Thanks

--------------------------------------------------- (03/14/2019 09:05) ---------------------------------------------------

Abdulkarim oloyede: 2. <Comments> I would like to commend those that put the agenda together. However I would like to see that new commers are taking more into consideration such that  the agenda should include how to actually get involved in the policy process and what it entails and things like. I mean things like how  and what it means to be a pen holder among  basic things. Thanks<Comments>

--------------------------------------------------- (03/14/2019 09:07) ---------------------------------------------------

Abdulkarim oloyede: hello

--------------------------------------------------- (03/14/2019 09:08) ---------------------------------------------------

Dev Anand Teelucksingh: they stepped away to have a ICANN photo

Dev Anand Teelucksingh: as the photographer has many places to be

--------------------------------------------------- (03/14/2019 09:11) ---------------------------------------------------

Abdulkarim oloyede: Thanks Dav atleast I know someone is looking at this now

Abdulkarim oloyede: Dev

--------------------------------------------------- (03/14/2019 09:13) ---------------------------------------------------

Evin Erdoğdu: Thank you Abdulkarim, we will note your comment.

--------------------------------------------------- (03/14/2019 09:15) ---------------------------------------------------

Abdulkarim oloyede: @Cheryl, some of us dont have a card to put up. So we have have to improvice when we want to speak

--------------------------------------------------- (03/14/2019 09:17) ---------------------------------------------------

CLO: Regarding locatioj of booths and visitors,  I noted that as I passed by most booths (regardless of where they were located there was *very little* interaction going on...  There is always the tension of being able to attract the foot traffic to your space so I am *not* saying location isn't an issue - But I also saw prime location booths not doing very much at all...

--------------------------------------------------- (03/14/2019 09:30) ---------------------------------------------------

Abdulkarim oloyede: <Question> 1. Please,  when would the issues on ATLAS III that was aborted the other day be discussed again as I do not find it on the amended agenda ? 2. And I really hope we have reflected on how to also avoid what happened that day and how to avoid it in future? <question>

--------------------------------------------------- (03/14/2019 09:39) ---------------------------------------------------

Evin Erdoğdu: Thank you, noted.

--------------------------------------------------- (03/14/2019 09:43) ---------------------------------------------------

CLO: @Abdulkarim oloyede - regarding tent cards  ... My point is that we all have our ID tags and people can use those to raise attention to get into a que (noting of course there is also the virtual hand in Adobe Connect rooms (is logged in I admit) as well as actual hands raised.  IN the romm the At-Large staff also always have a 'roving mike'  available...

--------------------------------------------------- (03/14/2019 09:44) ---------------------------------------------------

Abdulkarim oloyede: Thanks CLO, Good idea

--------------------------------------------------- (03/14/2019 09:49) ---------------------------------------------------

Abdulkarim oloyede: ?

--------------------------------------------------- (03/14/2019 09:51) ---------------------------------------------------

CLO: The next ICANN Meeting 65 is known as a "Policy Forum" so only Policy related issues *should be* on Agendas

CLO: The last meeting of the Year ICANN 66 is a General Meeting and AGM

CLO: so longer meeting

CLO: we need to block times and general concepts of what we need to doin future meetings and learnings from one meeting usually leads to better planning for the next... Thi is the work they are trying to do now @Abdulkarim oloyede

--------------------------------------------------- (03/14/2019 09:55) ---------------------------------------------------

Abdulkarim oloyede: Thanks CLO I was only wondering why I got no response  to my questions and commnets before moving to the next agnda . i feel am being ignored maybe cos am remote

Evin Erdoğdu: Hi Abdulkarim, we are not ignoring you - Maureen will have your comments and question read at AOB. Thank you.

--------------------------------------------------- (03/14/2019 09:59) ---------------------------------------------------

Abdulkarim oloyede: thanks Evin.

--------------------------------------------------- (03/14/2019 10:02) ---------------------------------------------------

CLO: PLEASE Note  regarding ATRT3 @Danial has just pointed out to be I ommitted him in my listing of people as representing you in the Review Team...  1. My humblest apologies  for this unforgivable oversight it was *I can assure you, a pure oversight and ommission and absolutly not intended*   SO terribly sorry for any offence to you @Daniel (I trust you will forgive me)

--------------------------------------------------- (03/14/2019 10:07) ---------------------------------------------------

John Laprise: Abdulkarim: we're not ignoring your question. It's very important and the subject of/a bigger discussion that will be ongoing.

--------------------------------------------------- (03/14/2019 10:09) ---------------------------------------------------

John Laprise: Maureen is talking about ATLASIII now.

--------------------------------------------------- (03/14/2019 10:10) ---------------------------------------------------

Daniel: @Cheryl it's all good. No worries. I was just critical

Abdulkarim oloyede: Thanks John. I had a comment on feedbacks too earlier too

John Laprise: about newcomers?

CLO: I have no excuse @Danial it was unintented and truly unforgivable... It *will not* happen again

John Laprise: which comment Abdulkarim? I'll try and answer it.

Abdulkarim oloyede: its a comment not a question as to the feedback on the meetings

CLO: A 'decision' of the ALT held in seprate session from the rest of your ALAC .... *noted*

John Laprise: could you please repeat it? I apologise...I'm multitasking next to Maureen here. :)

Daniel: ATRT3 just excites me and am glad to be part of the process

Abdulkarim oloyede: Abdulkarim oloyede: 2. <Comments> I would like to commend those that put the agenda together. However I would like to see that new commers are taking more into consideration such that  the agenda should include how to actually get involved in the policy process and what it entails and things like. I mean things like how  and what it means to be a pen holder among  basic things. Thanks<Comments>

--------------------------------------------------- (03/14/2019 10:15) ---------------------------------------------------

John Laprise: Ahh! We have back to back sessions at every meeting for ncuc-alac outreach over and above the ICANN fellows and newcomers programs

John Laprise: focused specifically on newcomers

Abdulkarim oloyede: @maureen , Please i dont understand the argument on 10 and not 12.

Abdulkarim oloyede: +1 Seun

--------------------------------------------------- (03/14/2019 10:17) ---------------------------------------------------

Abdulkarim oloyede: @John, thanks

--------------------------------------------------- (03/14/2019 10:21) ---------------------------------------------------

Abdulkarim oloyede: (commnets) My feelings before the Kobe meeting was that things would be ironed out on ATLAS III at the meeting that was the impresion. Now it seams we only allocated 15 min + 7mins to it.  This is important and it seams the leadership are not taking the feelings on the communiy into consideration <commnet>

Abdulkarim oloyede: I was thinkng there was AOB

Abdulkarim oloyede: finally you are ending without giving me the chance

John Laprise: The 10 and not 12 reflects merit while embracing diversity

CLO: @Abdulkarim oloyede:  Regarding you comment when you ask "new commers are taking more into consideration such that  the agenda should include how to actually get involved in the policy process and what it entails and things like. I mean things like how  and what it means to be a pen holder among  basic things"   I am thrilled to see you enthusiasm to get engaged specifically in drafting in I assume Policy work in ICANN on behalf or the ALAC/At-Large...  Can I advise you to please now look at becoming involved with the Consolidated Policy Working Group of the ALAC which is relativly new, works accross ALL public Comments etc, (where deemed relevent to the ALAC At-Large ) this works intersessionally meets weekly and is run  at this stage by Olivier Crepin - Leblond and Jonathan Zuke

• No labels