• This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

Nominee

Nominated and Supported by

Date Nominee Accepted

Nominee's StatementSOIResults
Eduardo DiazGlenn McKnight 

After 10 years of participating in the NARALO space and representing the region in ALAC, NomCom, IANA Transition CWWG, and other working groups and working parties (please see my SOI), I am motivated to assume a leadership such as the one I have been nominated for. We should continue to build upon the work of the past Chairs on outreach, planning and strategy building for the region. In addition, I will strive to enhance our policy discussions and contributions to serve the end user’s interest.

Eduardo Díaz SOI  Eduardo Diaz by rough consensus on May 17, 2017

Nominee

Nominated and Supported by

Date Nominee Accepted

Nominee's StatementSOIRALO ResultALAC Result
Judith Hellerstein

Eduardo Diaz

I am grateful to Eduardo for nominating me as the NARALO candidate for the NomCom position. I am excited to take on this new role and challenge and accept this nomination.  Several times this past year it was remarked that very few woman candidates were interested in running for positions. I believe this is because a different recruiting strategy needs to be employed to enhance the gender diversity within ICANN. This starts by having more woman representatives on the Nominating Committee who can them help create successful recruiting strategies to attract more woman both to submit expressions of interest and also to entice more woman to take a role. I also hope to speak for other forgotten minorities such as indigenous communities and those with disabilities or specific needs.  I have championed these rights when I was NARALO Secretariat and will with your support continue to do so if elected to the NomCom position.  I feel that to be able to make an impact and change in the NomCom and convince others of the importance of Gender and Diversity, the candidate must be knowledgeable about the different constituencies within ICANN. Having been in a leadership role for several years and having successfully completed the leadership Training offered by ICANN, I feel I have the requisite knowledge of the other constituencies to make a real difference and to impact change.

After serving as Secretariat for NARALO for two years and helping refocus NARALO, revise its rules and procedures, and successfully grow my captioning pilot into being adopted by the ICANN IT and Board into the core budget of ICANN, I am looking forward to taking on new challenges and new opportunities. I look forward to continuing to serve you in this capacity and also to help educate others about the importance of attracting diversity both in gender and attention to forgotten communities within ICANN. I hope to have your support in this new role.

Judith Hellerstein SOI  
Leah Symekher

Evan Leibovitch

23.April.2017

It is with great enthusiasm that I accept this nomination for the NARALO NomCom Delegate position.  My passion for an open, sustainable, evolving Internet for all, drives my interest to contribute positively to this position at ICANN.  My recent leadership role as President and Chair of the San Francisco Bay Area Internet Society Chapter, current Advisor and Consultant for the Board and NARALO ALS representative for the Chapter will attest to my stated passion.  My professional experience with technology organizations that provide Software, Security, Network, DNS solutions for global customers has provided me with valuable knowledge of how the internet works, and an appreciation of its power and vulnerability.  My international experience and background with minimal experience at ICANN will I believe bring ‘fresh new eyes’ to this position, the team and ICANN.  I am excited to become a part of this valuable team and look forward to your support.

Leah Symekher SOI

Leah

Symekher

May 26, 2017

Leah

Symekher

July 26, 2017

*NOTES ON NOMINATIONS 

1. All nominees are expected to submit a brief statement explaining why they believe they are a suitable candidate and must also complete or update their Statement of Interest (see: At-Large New SOIs Workspace).
  2. No one who is currently serving on the Nominating Committee may be nominated for the ALAC. See https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/governance/bylaws-en#VII-8