What is AFRALO?
Welcome to the online home of the At-Large (individual Internet user community) for the African region, providing news, key resources and interactive features for information sharing for individuals and end-user groups in the African region interested in ICANN and shaping the future of the Internet.
AFRALO Members at their General Assembly during ICANN 59 in Johannesburg, South Africa
- What is ICANN?
- What is At-Large?
- How do I get involved?
- What type of groups can be At-Large Structures?
- Why become an At-Large Structure?
- NEW Online At-Large Structure Application Form
- NOUVEAU Formulaire En-Ligne de Candidature At-Large Structure
- NEW Online AFRALO Unaffiliated Individual Member Application Form
- AFRALO MOU and Organising Documents
- AFRALO Regional Officers
- AFRALO ALSes
- ALS Starter Kit
- ALS application discussion workspace
ANNOUNCEMENTS AND AFRALO INFORMATION
AFRALO Dakar Events: next meeting Thursday,13 October 2011 at 2000 UTC
04 June 2011: The ExCom has requested that each RALO prepare a statement summarizing its thoughts on the Draft FY12 Operating Plan and Budget. The deadline for the ALAC's statement on this topic is 17 June, so the regional comments will need to be complete well before then -- please target the week of 6 June for the completion of regional commetns. Click here for the AFRALO workspace for working on this: AFRALO comment on Draft FY12 Operating Plan and Budget.h4. _20 April 2011In its last meeting, the ExCom requested feedback from each RALO about its current communication needs and its interest in collaborating on them with ICANN Communications. For examples, please see the At-Large material on [ICANN's E-Learning page|http://icann.org/en/learning/]. Staff will contact each RALO about this.
16 March 2011: African ICANN Community Adopts a Statement of the ICANN African Community on ICANN Geographic Regions Review
AFRALO and AFrICANN adopted a Statement from the African ICANN community during their meeting at the ICANN Silicon Valley Meeting in San Francisco on 16 March 2011. The Statement of the ICANN African Community on ICANN Geographic Regions Review (EN, FR) was submitted to the ICANN Board by Tijani Ben Jemaa on behalf of the African ICANN Community.
25 January 2011: Please contribute to the SWOT Analysis of At-Large Improvements WT C
5 January 2011: AFRALO releases Draft Action Plan for 2011 (pdf)
7 December 2010: African ICANN Community Publishes Statement on New gTLDs and Volunteer Participation in ICANN
AFRALO and AfrICANN endorsed two Statements from the African ICANN community during theirjoint meeting in Cartagena on 7 December 2010: The Statement in Support for New gTLD Applicants - Cartagena and the Statement on African Participation were submitted to the ICANN Board by Tijani Ben Jemaa on behalf of the African ICANN community. They were also endorsed by the ALAC and added to the ALAC Chair's report to the Board of ICANN. In addition to that, the Statement on new gTLDs was also submitted to the public consultation on the Draft Final Guidebook for new gTLD applicants and the Joint SO/AC Working Group on new gTLDs.
The rules on Individual membership can be seen HERE.
AFRALO Outreach and Engagement Materials
- At-Large Policy Development Workspace - Contribute to ALAC Policy Advice Statements!
- AFRALO ALSes Implementation and Statistics
- ALS applications being reviewed (Google Docs account needed for access)
- AFRALO MOU and Organising Documents
- AFRALO regional officers
- AFRALO Participation Criteria (Français)
- Older Announcements
ICANN MEETINGS AND EVENTS
- Meetings and Events
- At-Large Advisory Committee Meetings
- ICANN International Meetings
- At-Large Policy Working Groups
AT-LARGE COMMUNITY CALENDAR
BECOME INVOLVED IN AFRALO
- APRALO: Asian/Australian/Pacific RALO
- EURALO: European RALO
- LACRALO: Latin America and the Caribbean RALO
- NARALO: North American RALO
- At-Large official website
- At-Large mailing lists - Join the debate online
- ICANN official website
- NEW!ICANN E-Learning page - includes various At-Large materials