SubPro WT4 Meeting #16

Info
titleRECORDINGS

Mp3

AC Adobe Connect Recording

AC Chat

Tip
titlePARTICIPATION

Attendees: Anne Aikman-Scalese, Quoc Pham, Rubens Kuhl, Cheryl Langdon-Orr, Nathaniel Edwards, Victor Zhang

Dial outs: Cheryl Langdon-Orr,

Apologies: Dietmar Lenden

Note

Notes/ Action Items

Action Items/Discussion Notes 17 August

Action: Match the notes/transcript/recording with slides 9.   Start with side 9 at next meeting.

1. Plenary:

Topics that were discussed:

-- Rounds

-- Predictability Framework

-- Geographic Names and the Top Level

2. Application Evaluation:

Slide 5: Where we are:

-- Concluded on some principles.

-- Re: financial aggregation to be done by RO not to put an applicant over another applicant in the pool.  Question: What was the consensus in the order of applications? Response: Not in scope for Work Track 4.  Being discussed in other work tracks.   discuss how is should be done.  Could be subject to evaluation in Work Track 1.

-- Need to note that is subject to consideration by the plenary.  Not only the plenary,

-- Overhaul of the financial questions: Think about developing a strawpersons considering the CC2 comments. 

-- Root scaling has to be considered.

-- Asked ICANN staff for answers to the classification question.  Still need to provide questions and answers.

Slide 6: Non-Scored Questions:

-- Question: Are we asking whether an applicant can change the purpose of a TLD?  Is it within the scope of Work Track 4?  Or is it a question on merits?  Response: We can say what it shouldn't be.  The topic of the representation of applicants. It is captured under contractual compliance in Work Track 2 -- seems to make sense to forward it.

RSP Program:

-- Strawperson couldn't specify.

-- How to streamline the process but not get in the way of innovation.

Slide 8: Registry Services:

-- Does such planned evaluation need to be evaluated?

-- What if a registry wants to offer a service of a registry of famous marks?  Someone may want to mount an objection to that.

-- What prevents someone from doing what you fear?  Adding this as a new registry service?

-- Proposal strawman language that applications wouldn't be allowed to specify registry services.

From the chat room:

Steve Chan: @Anne, the order of evaluation is being discussed in WT1

Anne Aikman-Scalese (IPC): @Staff re notes - Cheryl just noted the addition of "subject to considerations of order of evaluation being addressed in Work Track 1" as fine.

Julie Hedlund: @Anne: Noted in the chat as the notes are not comprehensive.  We have the recording for that.

Steve Chan: There are some thoughts from GDD staff in the Program Implementation Review, starting on page 82 here: https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/program-review-29jan16-en.pdf

Steve Chan: Regarding the Financial Evaluation and the possible benefit of alternative approaches

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): yes 18

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): it is of course in scope of other WT's though  so we could shift it from us

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): :-)  all yours as to why Steve :-)

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): Yep  where it belongs IMO  WT2

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): as I said above  (personal opinion of course)

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): Fob it off  YES please :-)

Rubens Kuhl: I don't remember. I should, but I don't.

Steve Chan: You can see in section 4.3.4.4 here about the Q18 integration into the RA: https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/58735939/Section%204.3.4.pdf?version=1&modificationDate=1460741391000&api=v2

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): That can be a LT call then Anne  WT2 or 2/3  but not ours ;-)

Steve Chan: And Objectiosn are indeed in WT3 :)

Anne Aikman-Scalese (IPC): Thanks Steve.  I agree re Work Track 2 being the best fit.

Steve Chan: The feedback from GDD has re: changes to the technical evaluation, as well as the response about the CQs, have been added to the Wiki here: https://community.icann.org/x/YT2AAw

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): Thx Steve  and we will need to focus on these in the WT in the near future

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): slide 7

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): 8

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): hmmm I have a delay in my AC chat turning up... Sorry

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): Slide 9

Quoc Pham: is there a typo on point 4? GPML = DPML?

Quoc Pham: I would also want to point out that if point 4 is supposed to be DPML, the DPML is a Dounuts product which is not a universal/generic product or service (e.g. offering IDNs), we should avoid pointing out Registry specific products perhaps?

Rubens Kuhl: DPML is a registry-specific product. GPML is a general term for PMLs.

Quoc Pham: ah ok

Quoc Pham: sorry

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): Time check 15 mins eft on this call

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): I tend to agree Anne In my personal capacity but  does such innovation *need* to be evaluated at application is the key  as Rubens is pointin out now

Anne Aikman-Scalese (IPC): re straw-person on registry services - strongly disagree re limiting services described in application.