Versions Compared

Key

• This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

The Internet Society Malaysia Chapter, ISOC-MY is founded in April 2010 as a non-profit, user-focused organization which promotes development of the Internet in Malaysia to benefit the whole community, including business, academic, professional, and private Internet users. ISOC-MY has more than 900 members which are legal companies, research institutes, academic associations, universities and other organizations engaged in various activities related with Internet.

The main mission of ISOC-MY is to promote the open development, evolution, and use of the Internet for the benefit of all Malaysians. ISOC-MY is expected to be a link among the community to make efforts benefiting the whole industry, to push forward industry self-discipline, to strengthen communication and cooperation between its members, to assist and provide support for policies making, and to promote Internet application and public awareness.

On 13rd September 2012, Internet Society Malaysia Chapter has been certified as an At-Large Structure (ALS) by ICANN's At-Large Advisory Committee (ALAC).

More info at http://www.isoc.my.

Planned Activities 2017:

1. Malaysian IGF - August 2017
  2. 2017 5th International Conference on InterNET Applications, Protocols and Services, Solo, Indonesia - October 2017

Primary Contact Points:

a) Dr. Suhaidi Hassan - suhaidi@uum.edu.my (Chair of ISOC Malaysia)

Alternate Contacts:

b) Mr. Ahmad Razif Ramli - razif@cmc.gov.my (Vice Chair 1 of ISOC Malaysia)

c) MrMr. Amir Haris Ahmad - amir@localhost.my (Vice Chair 2 of ISOC Malaysia)

c) Mr. Suwannit Chareen - chareen@uum.edu.my (Secretary of ISOC Malaysia)

Address:

c/o InterNetWorks Research Laboratory, School of Computing, Universiti Utara Malaysia, 06010 UUM Sintok, Malaysia