Versions Compared

Key

• This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

Sub-Group Members:  Cheryl Langdon-Orr, Chuck Gomes, Elise Gerich, Mary Uduma, Olivier Crepin-Leblond, Xavier Calvez

Staff:  Brenda Brewer, Nathalie Vergnolle, Trang Nguyen, Yuko Green

Apologies:  Alan Greenberg 

Please let Brenda know if your name has been left off the list (attendees or apologies).**

Transcript

Recording

The Adobe Connect recording is available here:  https://icann.adobeconnect.com/p1aukobxb06/

The audio recording is available here: 

Proposed Agenda:

Notes

Draft FY18 PTI OP&B Planning Calendar

Proposed Change #1: Providing an earlier confirmation of the funding of ICANN for PTI operation

• DT-O agrees with this change

Proposed Change #2: Enhancing the perception of independence of PTI of the decision of its Board by adding PTI Board approval

• Add ICANN Board approval process before the end of June per CWG proposal

IANA Budget Development & Approval Compliance Matrix

• Yellow & Green: DT-O recommends that CSC monitor the transparency and itemization of the budget/IANA cost and make recommendation as needed
  • Blue: DT-O deems it compliant
  • Purple: DT-O deems it compliant
  • Purple: Add a clarification that submitting the "proposed" budget meets the CWG's requirements
  • Grey: DT-O deems it compliant
  • Teal: Done if CWG agrees with DT-O recommendation

ACTION (Xavier): Send Chuck the additional requirement from the proposal

ACTION (Chuck): Update te Matrix with the information provided by Xavier, deem it compliant and send to CWG

ACTION (Xavier): Update the FY18 PTI OP&B Planning Calendar ppt and send to CWG

PTI Bylaws

• DT-O supports the proposed PTI Bylaws changes relative to the budget

ACTION (Xavier): Send the proposed changes to the PTI Bylaws to ICANN Legal, CCing Dt-O, to forward to Sidley

Action Items

• ACTION (Xavier): Send Chuck the additional requirement from the proposal
  • ACTION (Chuck): Update te Matrix with the information provided by Xavier, deem it compliant and send to CWG
  • ACTION (Xavier): Update the FY18 PTI OP&B Planning Calendar ppt and send to CWG
  • ACTION (Xavier): Send the proposed changes to the PTI Bylaws to ICANN Legal, CCing Dt-O, to forward to Sidley

Documents

Notes

Chat Transcript

Brenda Brewer:Good day all and welcome to DT-O Meeting # 18 on 10 August 2016 @ 14:00 UTC!

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:I asked for a  dial out but didn't receive it... and then I just connected and self-dial out to me :-)

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:so please do not issue a dial out again as I've just received a duplicate call

Chuck:Please show the powerpoint

Chuck:Go to slide 2

Chuck:I agree on the public comment issue.

Mary:Who prepares the PTI OP&B?  The PTI Board and Staff or ICANN Staff for Board's approval? Should ICANN Board approves before PTI?

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:Indeed Mary --- if the PTI OP&B is developed by the PTI Board, then it comes as a given that the PTI Board will approve its own OP&B

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:+1 Chuck

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:FYI the previous planning calendar can be found from: https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/52894937/FY18%20PTI%20Planning%20Calendar%20-%20Draft%20160719.pdf?version=1&modificationDate=1469040592000&api=v2

Mary:Thanks Cheryl.

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:Chuck -- you are spot on with my thinking on all counts

Mary:+1 for the baseline PTI funding approval by the Board.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):I doubt  they will either

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):we can of course try...

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):yup agree Chuck

Mary:+1 Chuck

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:Look -- if it was a personal preference, I'd go without the rubber stamping, but we need to be strict about this  and therefore have this rubber stamping

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):great thx Xavier

Mary:Thanks Xavier

Xavier Calvez:i am 100% with clo on this point.

Mary:Whcih of the bylaws? ICANN or PTI?  I am sorry if I missed the point Chuck.

Chuck 2:PTI Bylaws

Xavier Calvez:you are correct or

Xavier Calvez:Olivier

Mary:Thanks Chuck. 

Mary:Fine by me @Cheryl and @ Chuck

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:If there are operational proceures for CSC & for PTI, IMHO the structure of the budget should be listed there

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Yup  all good Chuck...  Yes OCL

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):I was not confused by that Chuck understood

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):fine with that

Mary:ok by me

Nathalie Vergnolle 2:Chuck, I confirm that a DT-O update is on the agenda of the CWG tomorrow.

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:+1

Mary:+1

Yuko Green:It is before IPR discussion

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Great Yuko  were all good then

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):thx for checking

Nathalie Vergnolle 2:I believe that the CWG chairs are planning to include this change in the comment letter

Nathalie Vergnolle 2:ends tomorrow, Aug 11

Yuko Green:tomorrow

Mary:Thanks to Xavier and his team. Bye All