Versions Compared

Key

• This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

Taken by Siranush

We actually followed the agenda https://community.icann.org/display/APRALO/APRALO+Monthly+2013-06-25  posted in our wiki and discussed in more detailed manner the following issues:

1. Welcomed new Vice Chair (myself:) and I assume that we will discuss the role of vice chairs in more detailed manner in Durban APRALO meeting, where I also will learn more about what should be done from my part to meet all expectations.

2. We had the opportunity to hear our both NomCom 2014 nominees, Ali and Gunela, heard about their experience, and as it was explained by Cheryl, the process will be the following: APRALO will send both names as candidates, ALAC will have final decision on the selection, which will be announced by July 12. Staff shared also the procedure and deadlines for everyone to be aware.

APRALO Representative to the ALAC 2013-2015 Selection Schedule:

May 27  - At-Large Staff and APRALO’s Chair  announce selections and call for nominations.

May 27  -  June 14  - Nomination period (nominations accepted for 3 weeks).

June 21st   - Deadline for nomination acceptances (nominees must accept nominations no later than seven days after the nomination period ends on May 23rd).

June 28th - July 5th - Elections (If required, elections will begin no later than one week after the deadline for nomination acceptances and end no later than two weeks after that deadline). 

2013 AGM [ 17th - 21st  November ]  - Newly elected APRALO ALAC representative shall be seated on the ALAC at the close of the 2013 AGM on Thursday, 21st November 2013.

3. ALAC representative schedule :

4.  The current Secretariat (Pavan and Edmon) was re-appointed.

5. Pavan presented some points, based on the reports from Beijing, the steps forwards for better communication between ALSs and I have cordially asked him to e-mail those suggestions via mailing list for everyone to know about it and I also think we will discuss this during our Durban meeting. Updates about the coming IGF and APrIGF are also expected to come later.

6. Durban meeting agenda: Pavan has sent the e-mail to Silvia  and mentioned some points for the discussions in Durban, we need to finalize it and send to staff.

7. Olivier Crepin Leblond presented updates on Policy development (presented each item is mentioned in the agenda as well).

8. Cheryl presented the info about the new so called 360 process, where all current NomCom members will be interviewed by an independent agency, to evaluate the current NomCom leadership (NomCom Chair (Yjro Lansipuro) and Chair Elect (Cheryl). Two separate surveys are asked to be filled by every NomCom member. I also presented the status of current NomCom's activities, mentioning, that we are in the process of shortlisting candidates for interviews.

9. No other AOB has been raised.