APRALO Monthly Meeting
Date: Tuesday, 25 June 2013
Time: 05:00 - 06:00 UTC (for the time in various timezones click here)
Meeting Number: AL.AP/CC.0613/1
Adobe Connect Meeting Room: http://icann.adobeconnect.com/apralo
AC Chat Transcript:
Attendees: Siranush Vardanyan, Cheryl Langdon-Orr, Olivier Crepin-Leblond, Pavan Budhrani, Hong Xue, Gunela Astbrink, Suhaidi Hassan, Sivasubramanian Muthusamy, Maureen Hilyard, Ali AlMeshal
Apologies: Rinalia Abdul Rahim, Winthrop Yu, Holly Raiche, Satish Babu, Fouad Bajwa
Staff: Silvia Vivanco (SV), Julia Charvolen (JC)
Call management: Julia Charvolen
1. Welcome and Introduction- Introduce new members in APRALO, Vice Chair objectives. (Holly Raiche) (5 minutes)
2. Time for discussion with the NomCom candidates Gunela Astbrink and Ali AlMeshal.
Note Prioritization period for the position of ALAC Delegates to the 2013 NomCom. (RALOs should transmit all accepted nominations to the ALAC with their recommendation for a preferred candidate if the RALO wishes to provide one by 25 June). See: 2014 ALAC Voting Delegates to the NomCom - (15 Minutes) .
3. Re-appointment of the APRALO Secretariat (5 Minutes).
See APRALO Operating Principles :
5.1 The selection process of APRALO representatives to ALAC, Chairperson of APRALO and Vice Chairpersons of APRALO shall be concluded by June 30th of the relevant year of filling up the position.
5.2 A secretariat for the APRALO may be appointed.
4. IGF in Bali and APrIGF updates - Pavan (10 Minutes)
5. Follow up from ICANN Beijing and steps forward for ALS'es communication. (Pavan 5 mins)
6. Preparation for Durban Meeting. Durban Agenda Items for the APRALO Monthly meeting. (Pavan10 minutes)
7. Policy Development ( Olivier Crepin-Leblond (15 Minutes)
a. Recently adopted ALAC Statements, Documents or Groups:
- Proposed Final 2013 RAA
- FY14 Draft Operating Plan and Budget
- New gTLD Board Committee Consideration of GAC Safeguard Advice
b. Statements or Endorsements currently being developed, reviewed or voted on by the ALAC
- GNSO Structures Charter Amendment Process - Alan Greenberg to confirm if a Statement is necessary
- Proposed Renewal of .ORG gTLD Registry Agreement - Alan Greenberg to confirm if a Statement is necessary
- Consultation on the Source of Policies & User Instructions for Internet Number Resource Requests - Technical Issues Working Group to confirm if a Statement is necessary
- Thick Whois Initial Report – GNSO Policy Development Process - Alan Greenberg to confirm if a Statement is necessary
- Initial Report on Protection of IGO and INGO Identifiers in All gTLDs - Evan Leibovitch to confirm if a Statement is necessary
- Implementation of IDN Variant Top Level Domains - ALAC voting
- Proposed Renewal of .INFO gTLD Registry Agreement - Alan Greenberg to confirm if a Statement is necessary
- Proposed Renewal of .BIZ gTLD Registry Agreement - Alan Greenberg to confirm if a Statement is necessary
- Statement on WCIT Outcomes - Olivier Crepin-Leblond drafting a Statement
c. Currently Open Public Comments