Versions Compared

Key

• This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

o   AG: I would like to note that even though we may not necessarily agree with the NCUC on some points, we are not now overcoming this issue, agreeing to disagree on some issues and working together on others.

·      Policy Advice Development Page -- Tijani, Olivier (30 minutes)

§  iv. IDN Variant TLD Program – Procedure to Develop and Maintain the Label Generation Rules for the Root Zone in Respect of IDNA Labels - Approved 26 November

§  OCL: I am concerned as : Re: consolidated meetings strategy,  there is no change in the number of meetings in the LACRALO region. We need to address it.

o   Statements currently being developed, reviewed or voted on by the ALAC

o   OCL: There is a call for membership until Dec 5. I had an interaction with the people staff who have sent the request out and it appears that whilst the ATRT call was restricted, there is no restriction as such on the number of participants per SO/AC. The selection itself will be made by a the Chair of the Board Member and the Chair of the GAC after 7 January 2013. ALAC can send its preferences before that time.

o   AG: The GNSO is in the process of sending a letter asking that at least 4 spots be made available for the GNSO's members. They are also asking for a bottom up selection process via the Stakeholder groups. They have not yet, to my knowledge, heard back regarding these requests.

o   OCL suggested that a SC be created to shepherd the process.

Action Item: follow-up by the Chair on the ALAC mailing list to create a small sub-committee to shepherd the process. The SC should not contain any individuals who will apply to the ATRT2.

·      Update of IGF Activities - Olivier (10 minutes)

o   New gTLD Review Group - Dev Anand Teelucksingh

§  DAT: The There has been some discussion on .NYC

o   At-Large Academy WG - Sandra HoferrichterHoferichter

§  We have worked with the chairs of various SOs/ACs. We gave them a deadline of 20 December to fill out the survey that is currently being circulated. 

·      Update on the WCIT - Olivier (5 minutes)

o   OCL: Many of our community members will be in Dubai for WCIT. There is a lot of information on this conference available out there, please be sure to look into the issue.

·      Call for Completion of Statements of Interest - Olivier (5 minutes)

·      Any Other Business – Olivier (5 minutes)

o   OCL: Many of our community members will be in Dubai for WCIT. There is a lot of information on this conference, please be sure to look into the issue.